The online racing simulator
[WIP] Blue Python Mod
(101 posts, started )
honestly i cant find where it is...so i deleted the icon, and am trying a fresh install
Quote from logitekg25 :honestly i cant find where it is...so i deleted the icon, and am trying a fresh install

Download the zip file, EXTRACT it to a folder on your PC then run it from there. Don't just open the zip file and run it from there.
it works without the error messages

but how to apply them in-game...i have it running before i start lfstweak then i set it to what i want click apply (tried when in garage with XRG outside of garage with XRG and even on track with XRG)

i changed my outgauge and outsim btw if it matters
I am interested. I'll drop you a PM
I'm intrested drop me a PM mate
Morning folks...

Changed the setups again slightly, files are where they always are.

I've also included a README file which should walk you through the tweaking process... Hopefully that should abate any issues with the tweaks not working properly.

I may consider changing out the gearbox for something shorter, but I haven't gotten around to finding alternate gear ratios yet.

I should hopefully see some of you online today...

Thanks to those who stuck around despite the tweak issues, and to those who've requested entry into the private test, I may get back to you in the next day or so.

edit: turns out i fudged a setting on the second tweak, re-uploaded that file.
if you need any help with setups, i am pretty damn good with them...so just drop me a pm if you want some help

EDIT: i redownloaded everything from the link you sent me through pm, and i cant find the readme you said was there about how to use tweak, so i still cant test it
Quote from logitekg25 :EDIT: i redownloaded everything from the link you sent me through pm, and i cant find the readme you said was there about how to use tweak, so i still cant test it

i had to rename it, stupid apache.
where can i find it?
Quote from logitekg25 :where can i find it?

It's in the same location as the setup file and the details of the tweak. Please don't post the URL.
Anyone in the server?
Quote from ImportFantasy :Anyone in the server?

not at the moment, i might join in a half-hour or so...

don't forget to double-check the wheel settings (rim size front)... turns out i fudged somewhere.
Well the URL is not working now...
Hmmm... Is this thing closed now bud? Or can people still get in
Morning everybody...

No file changes since the minor correction from last night...

Working on the code again for the most part... I started inputting the memory addresses and settings for the tweak3 tweaks... So far so good. Waiting back on a couple people who might know the addresses for the tweak1 tweaks, then I should be almost ready to distribute. I still have to do the license check stuff too, not quite sure how I'm going to do that yet. I'm hoping to avoid going the insim route to check if the local user has a license.

Quote from Flame CZE :Well the URL is not working now...

It's the damnedest thing... It looks like apache crashed... Serves me right for upgrading it without restarting it.

Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :Hmmm... Is this thing closed now bud? Or can people still get in

Haven't decided yet, there's a few people who haven't gotten back to me about testing, and a few I haven't asked yet. I'll try to get back to those who I never PM'ed on Monday.
ok thanks for the update. I would love to test this seems like a nice thing
hey everybody,

still here, still working on the mod...

after weeks of not getting much help in the development department, i've enlisted the help of someone who can vastly speed up release of the mod... over the next few days i hope to have a test program ready for a test release.
Hey everybody,

Still here, still working on the mod... (Wow, I sound like a broken record )

I'm 90% ready to put out a test release... I have to re-do the skins and stuff them into the program... I should have that ready today or tomorrow.

Features/Improvements:
1) Tires are a lot wider. I guess I suck at measurement.
2) Road-supers are now possible.
3) New engine sound.
4) I figured the FZ body looked better than the XR body, so we swapped them in this release. (skins still need to be called XRG_*)

There are a couple known bugs:
1) The UI hangs while LFS is running. (You should be playing LFS, so you probably won't notice it.)
2) The car's suspension needs adjustment (height and caster). This will be fixed in an upcoming release. [updated in 1.3.0.0]
3) The gas tank is 5L smaller than it should be. This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
4) Weight balance is incorrect. This will be fixed in an upcoming release. [FIXED in 1.3.0.0]
5) Taillight bug that is also present in Bob's NASCAR Mod. I guess it comes from VOB replacement... Nothing I can do about that probably.
6) Rollbars are present due to cartype change are unmodifiable. Nothing I can do about that probably.
7) Driver position is slightly askew. This will be fixed in an upcoming release. [FIXED in 1.3.0.0]
8) Lack of skins. I've got two done now, but when I try replacing the colours, there are so many left over pixels. I need a skinner to whip me up some skins for the next release. [FIXED in 1.1.0.0]
9) I need to change the directory of where I store backed-up files. I'll get that fixed for the next release. In the meantime, please check your LFS directory and subdirectories for directories named "bpmbackup" before using BPM. [FIXED in 1.1.0.0]
10) Needs better error handling in case the LFS directory isn't set correctly.
11) There is no license protection yet. I'll get that fixed eventually. Hopefully I can do it without having to use MemEditClass.

I'm still getting the occasional PM about testing the mod. When I get this version released, I'll re-enumerate the testers and possibly PM some of you back.
here is some response so you know you are not alone in this thread

i would try but i need to get my PC monitor working properly
ill try it out sound good. thanks
Version 1.0.0.0 is released. Download location is the same as always.

Please read the readme... All previous files will need to be removed. (Skins and setup)

Here's a quick rundown though... Download the app, run it, confirm the LFS directory in the options and click the button (it will open LFS for you). Close LFS when you're done. Can't get much easier.

More skins and fixes coming soon. Server will be online again during the daytime as usual.
Version 1.1.0.0 released.

Updates:

1) New skins. They look great, but they also increase the download size. I may try skimming the size down in the future. [FIXED in 1.2.0.0]
2) Backup directory bug that was previously present has been fixed.
3) Startup sound was too loud. It has been normalized. If it's still too loud, let me know. [FIXED in 1.2.0.0]

Download location is the same as always.

Screenshots: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1259310
can you pm me the location...i kinda cant find it
sure, check your inbox.

[WIP] Blue Python Mod
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG