The online racing simulator
whats expected
(64 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :So many good advices in this thread and you decide to only comment on THAT?

well all the rest i am learning so i really cant agree or dissagree because it is all stuff i have no idea about

Quote from tiagolapa :Hi. It dont bothers me. My point was unclear, sorry.
What I mean is the information you seek with this thread is all over the forum. With so many posts I think you know very well the forum, including the Stickys in this section (beginners), perhaps I'm wrong

ooo i thought i had my first person who doesnt like me on the forum

or atleast i think nobody doesnt like me :hide:
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from logitekg25 :i have personally never raced online on lfs or any other program, so i need to ask before i ruin a server and get booted

what is expected in each type of racing catergory?

if i am in a cruise server can i speed and drift around all of the other cars to get chased? or is that not allowed.

if i am in a drift server i know it is drift only so that is self-explanitory

racing servers, if you find it faster to slide around a corner, and you do, is it allowed? howabout if you drift around the corner cause you think thats faster?

So 1100 posts ..and you still havent used the S2 licence that was given you ?

How about you do less mindless thread starting ..and more RACING ...jeeez did you even have an intrest in motorsport at all ? Anyone with half a brain + the slighest intrest would not need to ask ....

you were GIVEN a S2 licence ..yet i feel it was wasted
#28 - VoiD
Indeed, TVE wasted his money.. Next time he should splurge it for alcohol and women...probably both at the same time...
omfg i am so F!@#$% annoyed about getting harrassed about not racing as much as i should be, or wasting tve's money or being on the forum too much!

once my parents let me spend MY money to buy a computer for SCHOOL!!! (and lfs) i will race online a TON!!! racing with a computer that maxes out at 15 fps with nobody to race with gets EXTREMELY boring FAST!!!

i did not ask for the liscense, or even expect to get anything back...i simply said hello whats up im bored!

i have had the oppurtunity to buy a computer for the longest time but my parents refuse to let me...dont you think i WANT to race online, with all the people who claim they want to race me, and the team i have been telling to wait a few more days because i keep getting false hopes that i am getting a computer soon!

use SOME common sense people, I want to DESTROY the computer that has wasted 60+$ on games i thought i could use that wont work...i want to play nfs prostreet grid rfactor and all of the other games i bought, but thats not going to happen :gnasher:
Your computer could have a little "accident" and you would have to buy a new one?

by the way how old are you?
#31 - WSR
If your parents are such a limiting factor, why not convince them on their terms?

Say, if they don't want to waste money, on such considered "Flashy" computers, tell them your point how your new computer will be an investment for the future, where it will last you a long time, benefiting both you and your parents in the long run, as you won't have to get another system for a long time.

And by the way, what is the reason your $60 of games won't work?

Is it hardware incompatibility or something else?
Quote from JasonJ :Your computer could have a little "accident" and you would have to buy a new one?

by the way how old are you?

i am 14, tried getting a job, (diddnt work) they wouldnt care if it had an 'accident' (but i might open it up when i am home alone, unplug one thing try it and if they dont budge then just fix it :shrug

Quote from WSR :If your parents are such a limiting factor, why not convince them on their terms?

Say, if they don't want to waste money, on such considered "Flashy" computers, tell them your point how your new computer will be an investment for the future, where it will last you a long time, benefiting both you and your parents in the long run, as you won't have to get another system for a long time.

And by the way, what is the reason your $60 of games won't work?

Is it hardware incompatibility or something else?

i have tried telling them it is mainly for school (which it is :shrug and i have told them it will last a very long time.

GRID is too high tech for my computer and i think it is just too new for the 2003 gateway (my moms 2007 vista has about 6 fps with it ) prostreet is just weird, i can only get into it with my moms computer by doing some alt tab stuff because by default the control panel pops up (the same thing happens with my computer it just doesnt work at all) and the rfactor demo that came with my g25 has to have internet (i think) and it needs more graphics card memory i bought the games at a going out of buisness sale so returns were not an option
Quote from logitekg25 :i am 14,

:wtf2: Buddy....You don't need spec for race:eclipsee_ on line.... You just need some friends.:grouphug: Try some demo server with easy cars and when you lern how to drive....(He is only 14!!!!:jawdrop then try a faster and more powered cars and races....
the problem is my computer sucks and i have no internet connection, i have the liscense and maybe the skill to race, i just need a decent computer, and internet. i created this thread so i dont ruin the fun of others in a server and get booted. not to complain about how my computer sucks and i have no internet on my computer
That's why are some demo servers with free drive (LTC), crash (rallycross usually), and some drift servers who dont care about crash..... So if you "lag" on line, you will not be the only1, try some of this and see what you can do(+ your pc).
if my computer had a wireless card i would be able to, but it doesnt...so i NEED a new computer basically...guess i am going to harass my dad to get me the money for my wii today
Quote from logitekg25 :if my computer had a wireless card i would be able to, but it doesnt

Please don't go for wireless when the time comes. Wire it up!
logi i agree with the wire....... yep.Sometimes wireless lag or make the Abmin of each track to spectate you or even worst ban....(i have a frend with that problems:razz so if you gona do it, do it RIGHT!
how do you expect i get a wire to it with my dad wanting 'NO HOLES IN THE WALL' this is my setup.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
lots of cable you muppet...
Quote from logitekg25 :how do you expect i get a wire to it with my dad wanting 'NO HOLES IN THE WALL' this is my setup.

Ignore the wireless haters. My wireless is coming through 4 solid concrete walls, and goes about 30 feet to my PC. I have the exact same download speed as the PC cabled to the router, and I have yet to timeout in any online game since putting 7 on my PC (strangely, I was timing out a lot when using Vista, nothing physical has changed though). My max speed when using the local internet is 1Mb/s, which doesn't matter as I only have 3Mb/s broadband, which lets me download at ~350KB/s

Since you only have one wall and a couple of feet to travel, wireless will work fine
i do want wired because i will have to buy a router, because the one we have only supports 1 other connection, but the long cable? would i just have to sneak it through the wall? will the 2 doors close? how noticible will it be?
You can buy extra long cat6e patch cables, just run them under the edge of the carpet and under the doors, if you have hard flooring you could also clip (neatly) or run mini trunking on or above the skirting board.

However for the sake of 1 x 6mm hole through the wall that can be covered with a RJ45 outlet box and if then removed at a later date if required, the hole is very easily filled with polyfiller.

Whilst wireless can in some situations work very well, it also has its downsides interference can be a big problem and its not as secure as wired, and for serious gaming I would always go for a solid 10/100/1000 wired network.

Of course wired or wireless if your ISP sucks you might have gaming problems anyway!
so, get a job save up and subscribe yourself to a gaming focused ISP with fat pipes save some more and buy a gaming PC then save for your own place/car not nesseceraly in that order

SD.
Quote from logitekg25 :how do you expect i get a wire to it with my dad wanting 'NO HOLES IN THE WALL' this is my setup.

Show your dad you have a sense of humour and say

"OK then, I'll drill a hole in the floor"

I take no responsibilty for any physical injury incurred
#48 - WSR
I've heard of receiving internet through the electricity cables around homes...

Why not look into it?
to OP: (quote not working) its impossible to go faster drifting around the corner than just driving around it, its against the laws of physics when you go in drift your car loses its kinetic energy and your corner exit will be dramatically slower than if you werent drifting.... but thats just obvious btw its lihakasa here
oh my god!! that is actually a EXCELENT idea! we have a hole drilled in the floor because that is where all of the wires go, so i will just expand the hole a little bit and run a wire through and drill one to my room and BAM! wired internet! do i need anything other then another wire?
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ

whats expected
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG