The online racing simulator
_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
Ok thanks, get it now.

Would it be possible to put the option of vote kick / ban on as there's been a few idiots today just destroying the course and anything you say just goes in one ear and out the other. Or do they always need 8 people to complete the vote?
Quote from Minimaxman :Ok thanks, get it now.

Would it be possible to put the option of vote kick / ban on as there's been a few idiots today just destroying the course and anything you say just goes in one ear and out the other. Or do they always need 8 people to complete the vote?

IMO, the best option would be to password the server, and to put it on this thread.
Quote from Minimaxman :Ok thanks, get it now.

I do realise that when kids get on and start being annoying, it would be nice to kick. I'm not certain but I think it's a majority thing to kick people and that is the reason I have voting turned off. Kids vote kicking/banning is more annoying than them driving like... well, kids.

I say, let them do what they like, they do get bored with a server like this fairly quickly. I have seen it when I first opened the server.

So, if someone is constantly being annoying, wrecking the course or waiting on track to crash into people and I haven't been on already, then post here or PM me and if I'm online I can sort it. I do have the LFS World "Live host progress" window open and do check to see if anyone is online, but I was out earlier today so was not able to check it. Another option would be to leave them to it and come back in a little while.

I don't think putting a password on the server would be a good move right now. Maybe if it gets very busy with lots of drivers waiting, I will put a pass on and make sure people spec after their runs to give others a go, but putting one on now would be a bad step for a new idea, imho.

Sorry I wasn't on to keep an eye on things, I'll be more vigilant in future!

The FXO is definitely much easier around this track than the LX, despite its massive size. I wonder how long my third place spot will last once the aliens arrive
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Hello all!

30 hours to set your car up and get your time down!

Times up what now ?
Very addictive this, but very frustrating at the same time! Managed a 44.52 in the FXO but had a shoddy first lap so it didn't show.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Times up what now ?

Hmmm, wow lol, this is funny...

30 hours from Friday 00:01am, is 6am Saturday, lol. How I thought it was 6pm Sunday, I don't know. That's them funny smokes...

Anyway, sorry about that all. Why didn't someone say it!!

So, it's actually (Fri)24hrs+(Sat)24hrs+(Sun)18hrs=66hrs. Man, why didn't I write the calculation down before now, lol.

So, just to make clear. The challenge ends today at 6pm(GMT+1). At that time I will record the top 32 and open the server to all cars. I will then post the top 32 and the top 10 points scorers for this challenge on the WWCC forum.

Then, tonight at 12pm(midnight) the next challenge will be running for people to get used to until Friday comes again and the server is restricted to one or two cars.

So, once again, sorry about the massive miscalculation, lol.

There's just under 6hrs left to try get into the top 10 for some points.

Good luck!

Week 1 Results are in the League/Events section on this forum.

I've decided to scrap the forum thing. It has no attachments and it's more work than needed.

Thanks to all who put a time down in the FXO. I know it wasn't easy!

Next layout will be loaded at midnight(GMT+1).

Cheers,

U4IK
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Well, unless I missed something in Airio, it doesn't add the penalties for hitting cones. On a previous layout I had running on AU1 with Airio, the times displayed under !top didn't have the penalties added. The Airio top 12 was different to the LFS top 12.

Just a very small note: Newer Airio (something like 2.3.2+) counts objects (cones) hit and adds the (number * 2 seconds) to every split/sector/lap time, so that all the !sb and !pb data include the penalties. You can check this in action at [AKM] Airio Dev server with a tricky FE4 layout.
Interesting, I shall have a look at that, thanks EQ!
Cone Challenge #2

Fern Bay Club reversed

28 gates

So, here's my second cone challenge. It will be running on my Cone Challenge server for the next week. On Friday the 14th the server will run the chosen car(s) for WWCC 2.

Get your setups ready for Friday!

Enjoy!

Btw, I've added the layout and an XFG set to Setupgrid.net.
Attached images
FE1rcc.jpg
Perfect track choice It's better when there are some changes in elevation, and this new layout is just as fun as the old one.
1st place with LX6, so far... 0:51.49 fastest lap, 1:46.27 total time. Too bad I won't be here on Friday.
Quote from Vendetta :Perfect track choice It's better when there are some changes in elevation, and this new layout is just as fun as the old one.

Thank you!
Quote from Drift King CZ :1st place with LX6, so far... 0:51.49 fastest lap, 1:46.27 total time. Too bad I won't be here on Friday.

Nice time, lets see how long you last up there!
This is great fun . When will the chosen car be named?
Glad you enjoyed it Ant, thanks.

Thursday midnight (GMT+1) I set the server to the chosen car(s) and the leaderboard is reset.
Was the leaderboard reset on purpose?
Hey, this layout is mint!:dazzersmi
Quote from Minimaxman :Was the leaderboard reset on purpose?

I have been afk for a while, not sure how that happened but I know Franky500 has been doing some stuff, so the server must have been reset. Damn, all those times gone. Just hope it doesn't happen the weekend.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hey, this layout is mint!:dazzersmi

Yeah, people seem to like this one more. Thanks!
Ok, so I don't know what happen the server but the leaderboard got reset somehow. Luckily I auto save replays when I'm on so I can post the leaderboard from before the reset.

Sorry about that lads, out of my control.

Attached images
top32100809.jpg
Server is passworded, just doing some testing with Airio on Server.

Yay 9th! A nice position to be
south city layout is awesome - first try in xfg = 55.03
I wanna try the challenge please, place it public fast pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee :P
Ahh, broadband issues, been offline today and yesterday, couldn't get anything done. Should be ok for Friday, as long as I have a connection!

_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG