The online racing simulator
_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
The server was restarted.. leaderboard reset? Well, you know I was there a few days ago... and you guys posted this announcement after I was there... and I wasn't there since then, so... I wonder... how can I be there still on 1st place, when I actually wasn't there after that leaderboard reset? Maybe there wasn't any.
Because, when I found out about the restart, I went back to my replay folder and got the last replay before the restart, screenshot the leaderboard and there you see it.

I'll tell you now, some time after the retsart, when I was on, someone got a 50.xx. I'm a bit busy now but I will be posting that leaderboard. He got it in the LX4 too.
when will the server be public? wouldn't mind having a go personally
Ok, so, this week has been a bit messy with the server restarting, me testing/locking the server and then me being offline.

I have now a test Airio running on the server. EQ Worry has done an amazing job and has given me permission to run 2.3.3 as a test. For now I'm running Airio from my machine until it's ready to go.

Anyway, if you'd like to take a few runs and see what you think of the server with Airio running things then the password is: kanerx

There are some problems with 500servers cpanel so I can't change anything there, for the moment.

The WWCC will run tomorrow as usual, I'm sure everything will go ok.

Also, I've attached the other leaderboard for this week, yeah it's messy I know, but hey, it can only get better! The replay I took this from was dated 11/08/09. I did try upload the replay but it's 2hrs long(7MB), too large to upload, sorry.

I will be afk for a while, so I can't answer any questions just yet.
Maximum of 3 drivers on track at once on purpose? Keep getting 'Race Is Full' when there's a few people on the server.
Yes its bloody anoying wenn you got some superm first lap, and then someone who just started without any practice kicks all the cones away or hits them on the road and your laps are gone, had that way to much times today and just pisses the shit outa ya..

edit..: the time i done know is the one it will be for me, im gone for a real life race though the lap wasnt that good. should be atleast in the 46.8/9 cuss i got to much crap with the thing i explaned above today..
Cone Challenge #3

Aston Cadet Reversed

34 gates

Here's my third cone challenge. It's at Aston Cadet reversed and will be running on the [url="lfs://|Cone+Challenge|0|S2|/"]Cone Challenge[/url] server for the next week. On Friday 21st the third WWCC will begin with the chosen car(s) and will run up until Sunday 23rd at 10pm(GMT+1).

So, get a feel for the course and see if you can get the fastest, cleanest run!

Good Luck!

Attached images
AS1r CC.jpg
Yeah, nice vid Crabster! Love the shot of the [SR] XRT (I think it's Rudy iirc) hitting the tyres at the chicane, good work. If only I could make vids with this POS... watching that makes me want to make a vid.
yes sir thats me doing a safety test of your layout
get another one in for this week and be sure it will be included again because it was pretty spectacular

I'll try and make it longer also!
Great vid! The shot of the XRT in the tyres where you panned around it was great, should have made it go all the way round whilst it stayed on its nose! The helicopter sound was also perfectly in time with the beat of the music!

I won't be able to drive this server until Friday as I was playing about with locking / unlocking to play a friend on the demo and I've used all my unlocks for the week. D'oh!

Any chance you could attach the layout file?
Ok, so 500servers.com had a physical move of servers and the Cone Challenge server was reset, so no leaderboard for this one...

Anyway, WWCC week 3 is starting early this week as I wont be here at 12pm.

So, check it out and good luck!

looks fun may have to try it one time
Quote from brt900 :looks fun may have to try it one time

If you do like it I think you may try more than one time, hehe.

Cone Challenge #4

South City Sprint 1 Reversed

44 gates

So, here it is, my fourth cone challenge. It's at South City Sprint 1 reversed and is, like the first city challenge, more difficult than the previous two challenges. On this layout I am using restricted areas on the wrong side of some of the gates. It helps me use less objects and makes the course a lot cleaner. If you get spectated then you went somewhere you shouldn't have been.

So, get yourself out there and get the feel for the layout.

Good Luck!

You can find all my layouts and some setups at Setupgrid.net. (CC1-CC4)

EDIT: The server is now running Airio 2.3.3.
Attached images
SO2rCC.jpg
Damn hard track, at least for me, and damn impossible lap/race times of everyone else. I guess it very much shows difference between people that can usually stay on track and that are really in full control of their car.

I'm of course happy to see Airio running there, I hope it will give good service to both admin and drivers. If you do not like something about the system, miss something or see something strange, just please let me know.

Also realize that you can turn off all messages by typing !silent. Detailed personal setting will be shown when you type !opt (same as Shift+i), not all are applicable to layout cruising though.

Good luck and see you around!
EQ, man, thanks a lot for your help getting this server running with Airio. I decided to stop naggin' you on MSN, I was still getting disconnected up until Sunday, so I thought I'd waited until 500servers had the 2.3.3 update. When I updated to Airio 2.3.3, I uploaded my files and everything ran perfectly. When I get a few euros I'll definately drop you a donation. Thanks again.

Yeah, this is probably the trickiest challenge yet. You really need to get used to where the gates are on these courses before you can start pushing it. For the first time I'm using restricted areas on some of the gates, it'll make people try a bit harder to get each gate.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing your great program and teaching me in the process, really appreciate it!
Always glad to help. Also any support is much appreciated. Being there, doing a few laps I think some info message explaining spectate after finish is necessary, simply EQW : SPECTATED AFTER FINISH, so that people know what happened to them. But I must add this myself to 2.3.4.

You also hinded on spectating people for too many penalties (cones hit). You still think it is a good idea? If so, I could add this setting/check to new version. But I have to say I was today very happy it is not implemented yet, because even if set to 30 objects I'm afraid I would not finish a single 2 lap circling. Doh....
Yes, a message when you finish would help you understand why you got spectated. Would it be possible to give them their finished time on screen too? Like:

EQW : SPECTATED AFTER FINISH (could I edit that to this "2 Laps complete - [Username] spectated"?)
TIME : (Race time including penalties) (or a /rcm type message of their race time)

I know their time is already placed in the leaderboard but, the first few times it happens, you don't really know what's happening, so you look up for any messages or warnings from the admin/server.

And I agree with you about the suggestion of spectating people with too high a penalty. It would not help new comers get to grips with the course. So, no, I don't think I'll go for that idea.

Anyway, thanks for dropping in and having a go at the course and I look forward to the next Airio releases.

Thanks again!

Here's the top 32 times for the South City Sprint 1 reversed layout:

The [url="lfs://|Cone+Challenge|0|S2|/"]Cone Chalenge[/url] server is now set for [url="http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1248521#post1248521"]WWCC Week 4[/url].

Challenge ends Sunday at 10pm!

Good Luck!

Attached images
top32280809.jpg
Cone Challenge #5

Fern Bay Green reversed

49 gates

The fifth addition to my list of cone challenges. This one is at Fern Bay Green reversed and is a lot faster than the previous South City layout. Again, I have used restricted areas on some gates, you'll notice the poles in the screen shot, they indicate restricted areas.

So, can you be the fastest, cleanest driver this week? Join the [url="lfs://|Cone+Challenge|0|S2|/"]Cone Challenge[/url] server and find out! Remember, all road cars are availible up until Friday, when week 5 of the WWCC begins.

Good Luck!

No setups yet for this one but the layout is up at [url="http://www.setupgrid.net/1/setup/layout"]Setupgrid.net[/url], link also in signature.
Attached images
FE2rCC.jpg
Quote from U4IK ST8 :EQW : SPECTATED AFTER FINISH (could I edit that to this "2 Laps complete - [Username] spectated"?)
TIME : (Race time including penalties) (or a /rcm type message of their race time)

Sorry, it took me a while to return to these layout racing matters, but Airio 2.3.4 (not yet available) indeed contains the spectate reason message and also race time with difference to previously scored best, both in chat. Also last lap/split data stay on screen as buttons for review.

You may change the text SPECTATED AFTER FINISH (in MSG fie) to something else you need or consider clearer, however you cannot change placement of the message parts, it will always be NICKNAME : CUSTOM_TEXT.

Hey EQ, that's no problem, I probably should have asked in the Airio thread.

It's good to hear the time will also be added when someone gets spectated after finish, sometimes you don't even see what time you did.

Thanks EQ

Is my calendar missing a day? I thought Week #4 didn't end until this evening. As in Sunday? I know, technically, because of the time difference, it's over now, but results were posted yesterday.

What you been smoking U4IK? I want some.

_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG