The online racing simulator
_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
Cone Challange: Complete 2 laps in the fastest time possible. Each cone hit adds 2 seconds to your final time. Gates are 4 meters wide and random distances apart. Most gates are on the racing line, but there are a few stray gates that will catch you out over and over again, but this is a challenge, it wasn't made to be easy!

The track is limited to 4 cars because it being 2 laps it can get messy with a lot of cars on track. Drivers on the start line (behind the "Keep Left" signs in the screenshot) are the ones who should make sure they don't drive into someone starting their second lap. Then when you finish your run please spectate to give other drivers a run. (If anyone knows how to increase the start countdown could you tell me please because I can't find anything in the "Commands" text document or anywhere else, thanks.)

So, if you are up for a challenge, drop in to the "Cone Challenge" server and see if you have the speed and precision to get top spot!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Cone Challenge #1

South City Sprint Cone Challenge

25 gates

Leaderboard: 02/08/09

This has been running as a sort of test for the past couple of days, I have other tracks set up and ready to go so use this as a practice.

Anyway, drop by and see how you get on. Remember it's a challenge, it wasn't made to be easy!

I have added the setups I used, feel free to adjust them to your liking, and the layout for anyone who wants to play offline.

Enjoy!
Attached images
SOCC3.jpg
leaderboard020809.jpg
leaderboard020809x.jpg
Attached files
LX4_SO CC.set - 132 B - 1196 views
RB4_SO CC.set - 132 B - 1185 views
XFG_SO3 CC.set - 132 B - 1048 views
SO3_cone challenge.lyt - 2.1 KB - 709 views
i will get right to it
#3 - troy
We just got some kid driving backwards on the server and no way to kick him, could any admin give us a hand?

I love the layout by the way, tough to master

edit: Problem solved itself, he got bored and left
it was quite fun! it was hard to master, like troy said, but by the time i was done, i had memorised it pretty much you should make one out of a longer track, but not too much longer (and if you do, keep it on the same thread so i definately get to use it
Quote from troy :We just got some kid driving backwards on the server and no way to kick him, could any admin give us a hand?

I love the layout by the way, tough to master

edit: Problem solved itself, he got bored and left

Thanks Troy, glad you liked it. It's a tough challenge alright.

Sorry about that little problem, I was away from the PC. I'll be on now to monitor things.

Quote from logitekg25 :it was quite fun! it was hard to master, like troy said, but by the time i was done, i had memorised it pretty much you should make one out of a longer track, but not too much longer (and if you do, keep it on the same thread so i definately get to use it

I have more ready to go but I think this one still has a bit of life left in it, people aren't bored of it yet and I'm sure some people still want to get faster times. And I will be putting the other layouts in this thread too.
my fastest time (without hitting anything) is 1:01 and thats in the lx4...how did somebody get 45??
Hey, very entertaining server here
Quote from logitekg25 :my fastest time (without hitting anything) is 1:01 and thats in the lx4...how did somebody get 45??

Just try to be quick and smooth, keep it at low revs and you will get quicker.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hey, very entertaining server here

You were having fun alright. At one stage you had half the top ten! Glad you enjoyed it, thanks.

Ok, I have attached the current top 32 spots for this cone challenge.
UPDATE: CoRe P.Diaz just went to 4th. Best: 46.08 Total: 1:35.10

It's official!!.... the aliens have landed!

Thanks to all who have made a few runs and to the others who've had a lot more runs. Glad to see you all enjoy the challenge. I have a few more challenges to come so keep an eye out.
Attached images
leaderboardtop32.jpg
#9 - troy
Ok, since people are enjoying the challenge, I'm getting ideas to run a weekly thing and have been putting them on paper to see how it'll run.

If it goes smoothly, it could start this Friday, if not, it'll be next week.

So, I'll leave that layout running until I get it started. When it does get going, I will put the final top 32 here for future reference.

Have fun and watch this space!

I've attached one thing I did today while thinking of how an event would run. It's me testing the FE Club challenge as I was making it. I'll post some other ideas tomorrow.
Attached images
idea.jpg
Very fun server. If only you could set it so that we could see our total time when you aren't faster than the top 12 .
Hi,

If you press Page Down while on the server, the leaderboard will scroll down to 32nd position. Hopefully you can make it into the top 32!

Glad you enjoyed the challenge!

Cheers

Edit: Anyone know if there's a way to find out more than top 32 positions? Say top 50?
#13 - troy
I guess you could use Airio (or Lapper) for that and just turn off the rest of the features, I wouldn't know a way to display more results in LFS itself.
Well, unless I missed something in Airio, it doesn't add the penalties for hitting cones. On a previous layout I had running on AU1 with Airio, the times displayed under !top didn't have the penalties added. The Airio top 12 was different to the LFS top 12. I haven't run Lapper on a layout yet so I don't know about that.

Thanks Troy.
#15 - troy
Ah yep, forgot about the penalty problem, while thinking about that the LX month came in mind, Victor did some web application to display all the times driven on the server (including penalty's) you could try and ask him maybe he got some pointers for you.

http://competition.lfs.net/lx_autox/
Ah I remember running in that, a lot of fun. But yeah, that might be getting a bit too technical for me though. And I would probably need a web page for that application to display the times, which is more than I can do. I have tried doing a web site before, and failed, hehe.

So maybe I'll just leave it as is. LFS does give enough information for me to run this the way I want so it's ok for now.

Edit: I think I will contact him anyway and see does he have and ideas/tips for me.

Thanks again
i like the idea

i can think of it now...me in last place, just because only 35 people were in it
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Ok, since people are enjoying the challenge, I'm getting ideas to run a weekly thing and have been putting them on paper to see how it'll run.

If it goes smoothly, it could start this Friday, if not, it'll be next week.

So, I'll leave that layout running until I get it started. When it does get going, I will put the final top 32 here for future reference.

Have fun and watch this space!

I've attached one thing I did today while thinking of how an event would run. It's me testing the FE Club challenge as I was making it. I'll post some other ideas tomorrow.

Nice going! I made some layouts for slalom myself too. Id take part

(we just drive this layout (of OP) on our server)
Attached files
FE1R_Slalom.lyt - 716 B - 311 views
FE1R_Slalom_Long.lyt - 1 KB - 285 views
Quote from baSh0r :Nice going! I made some layouts for slalom myself too. Id take part

(we just drive this layout (of OP) on our server)

Nice clean layouts there baSh0r! My layouts use a lot more objects so the new people know exactly where to go, but it is roughly the same idea.

Hopefully I can get this thing going soon enough, and it would be a pleasure to have another alien taking part.

Cheers
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Hi,

If you press Page Down while on the server, the leaderboard will scroll down to 32nd position. Hopefully you can make it into the top 32!

Glad you enjoyed the challenge!

Cheers

Edit: Anyone know if there's a way to find out more than top 32 positions? Say top 50?

I had no idea that feature existed, thank you. I also managed to get 15th place
I knew it existed, just never knew how to do it until it was mentioned on the server. Well done on getting to 15th, was it a clean run?

On to the results so far. New leader, so I thought I'd post up the top 32 as it stands now. See attachment for results.
Attached images
top32040809.jpg
That lap by Troy is amazing. I could have done 1.30.8 but thats like the best i could do
yea that was a nice lap
:/ i was kinda hoping this would be a revival of fels cone destruction server
This server reminds me of Project Gotham Racing, the classic cone-driving and drifting game. The only difference between them is that I was good at PGR.

_/\_ Cone Challenge _/\_
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG