The online racing simulator
Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
Quote from Blas89 :Have you? Pretty boy

Anyway, I think Michael Schumacher will get a podium position, as long as his neck goes well etc.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I bet you think riding motocross is just "sit and turn the throttle" right?

The two are not comparible, and you know it.

In what way does an F1 driver make use of any of the muscles in his body ?? With the exception of resistance to G-Forces they don't. F1 drivers require almost exclusively isometric strength in some parts of their bodies they don't under go even partial ROM for there to be any dynamic element to their strength requirements.

As for their elevated heart and respiratory rates during a race, they are purely down to adrenaline being dumped in to the bloodstream as a result of generalised stress levels, very little to do with cardio vascular exersion.
WARNING POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF KARTS. IF ANYONE IS EASILY OFFENDED BY SUCH IMAGES CLICK AWAY NOW

Foe those interested here's some pics from his preparations from Italy

If he had proper neck problems he wouldn't be driving one of those all day trust me! Looks in good shape to be fair!

"We had two very good Karting days in Lonato, Luca (Badoer) and me could well exploit the time. Arms, upper body, shoulders, neck -an excellent practice indeed. I really would like to expressly thank Roberto Robazzi and his Tonykart-Team who as always prepare only the best conditions for us. What was especially nice for me was that Corinna had joined me those days. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and we celebrated it with a nice dinner in the evening. In the next days I will keep practicing at home."

lol. Hi corrina that wedding anniversary thing in Italy I told you about. Well I kinda left out the fact i'll be karting as well.
He's looking a bit bigger there than he was in his race days.
Quote from sil3ntwar :He's looking a bit bigger there than he was in his race days.

I guess everybody here would be happy to still look like this with 40
Quote from Intrepid :WARNING POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF KARTS. IF ANYONE IS EASILY OFFENDED BY SUCH IMAGES CLICK AWAY NOW

Foe those interested here's some pics from his preparations from Italy

If he had proper neck problems he wouldn't be driving one of those all day trust me! Looks in good shape to be fair!

"We had two very good Karting days in Lonato, Luca (Badoer) and me could well exploit the time. Arms, upper body, shoulders, neck -an excellent practice indeed. I really would like to expressly thank Roberto Robazzi and his Tonykart-Team who as always prepare only the best conditions for us. What was especially nice for me was that Corinna had joined me those days. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday and we celebrated it with a nice dinner in the evening. In the next days I will keep practicing at home."

lol. Hi corrina that wedding anniversary thing in Italy I told you about. Well I kinda left out the fact i'll be karting as well.

Ha!
Neck problems... There is a difference between a Kart and a F1 car G wise. So your statement isn't true.
damn he looks fit
Quote from gezmoor :And you'd know that how exactly??? Driven both?? Either?? or anything even remotely close to either??

The old cars may not have pulled the G-Forces that modern F1 cars are capable of but that doesn't automatically mean they were less demanding to drive.

Yes it does. What else changed since these days? Steering? Well they may have power assistance today, but it's still rack and pinion. Bumpier tracks? The suspensions were softer. Climate hasn't changed much since the 60s, so it isn't any cooler in the cockpit.

So add up g-forces and increased stress on the brain (higher speeds) and there you have it: nowadays driving F1 is much more demanding than in the 60s.

Almost off-topic: hell, they used to eat cheeseburgers before races and win afterwards back in the 80s...
Quote from spyxter :Yes it does. What else changed since these days? Steering? Well they may have power assistance today, but it's still rack and pinion. Bumpier tracks? The suspensions were softer. Climate hasn't changed much since the 60s, so it isn't any cooler in the cockpit.

So add up g-forces and increased stress on the brain (higher speeds) and there you have it: nowadays driving F1 is much more demanding than in the 60s.

Almost off-topic: hell, they used to eat cheeseburgers before races and win afterwards back in the 80s...

I don't know if the cars are more demanding. I think what has changed is teams and drivers realising the benefits of fitness.

The drivers are fitter so can cope better, but I don't think 20+ years ago people really were clued up. In the 80s-early 90s the forces the drivers coped with through the steering wheel were much bigger than they are now.

The only real increase in demand is the strength of the neck. Its the only real part of an F1 drivers that has had increasing demands over the years. Everything else has become less in terms of physicality. Heck even Schumacher said a kart was more demanding (in certain areas)
someone go hit lewis with a fish, and we may get mika back from DMT
Quote from batteryy :someone go hit lewis with a fish, and we may get mika back from DMT

Wrong! You want to hit Kovalainen with a fish, then we can see Haikkinen, Schumacher, Hamilton and possibly Alonso race
But Hamilton would divebomb them all at turn one.
Quote from 5haz :But Hamilton would divebomb them all at turn one.

That'd be very scary
No!
His neck injury seems to be the reason, his neck canot keep up with the pressure after the accident on the motorcycle in the winter.
I am not sure if I would like Schumi back or not, he's a legende yes, but well Either way, for the sport's sake I guess it's bad.
No.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
DAMN IT. Even I'm disappointed and i dislike him =[

Return of the legend
(208 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG