The online racing simulator
Collateral Collision - it's coming
(32 posts, started )

It's coming.

I'm pleased to announce that the release for the long awaited Collateral Collision project is finally imminent!

For those that either weren't around or have since forgotten, Collateral Collision is a huge video project that myself and Unknownrisks undertook, designed to be the most authentic machinima car chase experience in LFS. All I will say is that it strays outside the racing boundaries of LFS - think Duel meets Grindhouse: Death Proof.

I'm sorry it's taken this long to put everything together, but hopefully you will find that all of your efforts were worth it in the end.

We are hoping to release Collateral Collision on Monday the 27th July.

As a reminder, you can view the teaser trailer which we posted last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page

Thank you everyone for your patience and we look forward to presenting the final release - I can assure you that a tremendous amount of effort has been put into this project, in terms of both the filming and the editing, so fasten your seatbelt!

In the meantime, why not download some desktop backgrounds of our new logo?
I'm really looking forwards to this release.

Just hope your cpu doesn't crap out by then

Oh and if anyone wants it there is a desktop background

Desktop Backgrounds

Two biggest images work but don't have previews
Attached images
newspaper.jpg
ahh man, I can't wait! should be interesting
Quote from Luke.S :I'm really looking forwards to this release.

Just hope your cpu doesn't crap out by then

Oh and if anyone wants it there is a desktop background

3000x1876

That's great
OMG, loved the teaser. Wish i could be one of the street cars...
look forward too seeing it as i was in parts of it.
finally
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
I hope people enjoy it as over a years worth of work has been put into it.
A years work too long, but good things come to those who wait, the main thing from me is an apologie on how long its been! Now we need to re-build the interest in collateral collision, its a car chase everyone deserves to see!

Message your colleages, friends, fellow racers and rivals. Lets everyone know, the movie of the year is here!:laola:

(disclaimer: in my opinion...)
Quote from unknownrisks :A years work too long, but good things come to those who wait, the main thing from me is an apologie on how long its been! Now we need to re-build the interest in collateral collision, its a car chase everyone deserves to see!

Message your colleages, friends, fellow racers and rivals. Lets everyone know, the movie of the year is here!:laola:

(disclaimer: in my opinion...)

Long time no see mate.
Quote from HalleMarques :OMG, loved the teaser. Wish i could be one of the street cars...

I didn't saw demo-content scenes in teaser, so I dont think there will be ones in movie.
aye it is, ive been helping and keeping an eye while i can behind the scenes, but unfortunatly my new career (excuse the pun) flew into another direction. I joined the RAF (Royal Air Force) back in feburary, the weekends i come home (few and far between) ive helped out and fined tuned the excellent work StartWars has done editing our filming scenes.

The good news is im here tommorow for the release!
Looking forward to it, the teaser trailer looked very good.
Quote from unknownrisks : Message your colleages, friends, fellow racers and rivals. Lets everyone know, the movie of the year is here!

Strong words. Now I'm interested.
Just so you all know the film is finished and will be released on monday.
I'm looking forward to it!! I hope it will be as great as it looked during shooting Good luck
Amazing this film is pure genius.
cmon already!
Yes i feel the tention too, the specific hour released will be revealed this evening, but my hint is, be around for 18:00 hours gmt +0! (british time)
If it's done just release it now. LOL.
Quote from BigTime :If it's done just release it now. LOL.

Hell yeah, +1 on that. It doesn't have any purpose if you want to release it at a specific hour... It won't change count of watchers, popularity, or what ever you are meaning by it. People will watch it anyway.
Just to build up the tension even more here is a review of the actual Video (without spoiling it).

As any LFS fan would know that this project has been going for some time now,

Collateral Collision in short, is a spectacular feat of creativity and enthusiasm. A full 12:50 minutes of high action paced all out battle that holds itself next to the classic (and remake of) Gone in 60 seconds end chase scenes.

The music score chosen could not be more appropriate, matching the scenes perfectly.

Its evident by the credits just how much effort this short film took to do, with drivers from the LFS community taking part in main roles and extras. I had the chance to be an extra (look out for the Yellow RB4 later on in the film) and I can say that the planning and preparation for this was true to the films end result.

I won't wreck anything in the chase scene but I can say that the 12.5 minute film is so action packed that you will be wanting more. An effortless flow between scenes through a varied but well chosen camera angles make this short film a real treat to watch.

Collateral Collision manages to balance the serious storyline with some intelligent comedy, it seems that the UF1 drivers have the worst luck with some phenomenal blockbuster crash scenes that are no less than epic.

No drivers were injured in the making of this film, no doubt there would have been some serious Force Feedback whiplash from all the drivers participating.

While speaking to the producer of Martin Bigg there was no chance this film was going to be rushed, each scene was matched and the audio track was thoroughly thought out, all sound effects were

Congratulations to Martin Bigg for developing this, it will remain an absolute classic in for a Car Chase Scene.
Quote from LFSn00b :I actually drove half of the UF1s on the movie :/

And yeah I've been shown a few clips of the movie and I must say be patient. When it comes, you'll blow your head because of the awesomeness of the machinima(or a LFS movie, ). I haven't seen the whole movie yet, so I have to wait for it too.

Trust me its well worth the wait

Martin did an awesome job and he should be ever so proud there are so many passionate racers looking forward to seeing it just as much as we were.
pole position driver, brilliant review mate, thankyou very much for the support, martin (StartWars) is enthralled by it, as he has just text me, poor guy is at work atm.... yes true, it would be ideal to just release it now, but that just wouldnt be fair without both creators being on the forum to recieve the critics and compliments.

-update: im having tea at 18:00 round his so it will be shortly after that :P

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG