The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :Just because the rules are laid a certain way dosen't mean you have to think that way too, the current rules mean that the F1 field has become a bunch who can take the easy way out and give up easily, the rules may encourage that but that can't stop me from thinking that its not right.

Yes but adapting to the rules will certainly give you an advantage to those who decides to be stubborn and thus ruin their own race for the sake of "being in the spirit of racing".

Taking the advantage in an F1 championship or being stubborn for sake of the nobility of racing?

You can adapt to the new crappier rules and still fight to have it removed on the admin side. But fighting for it on the track will really make no difference. The only thing you'll manage to do is to short change your next race's potential. IDK about you but as a driver I'd much rather have a DNF then a podium or win than two straight 7ths....

Quote from Mustafur :ok i may sound like all im doing right now is prasing Webber, but look at Australia this year.

after the first corner collison he continued on driving and even though with a damaged car he ended up finishing the race, i mean is it as simple as that?

Webber received a drive through penalty. Hamilton dropped like a rock when he received that puncture. Different circumstances.
LFS forum + F1 thread = groundhog day.:ghostie:
Quote from 5haz :What Hamilton did was valid under the current rules, but the rules, and what Hamilton did are both against the spirit of what sprint racing should be all about, if the rules werent so crap then Hamilton would have no excuse not to try his hardest.

People seem to think you must have a points finish or there is no point, at least making the flag is a good enough reward in itself.

But they should be able to put out 100% of what they have to give, which may not be 100% all the time.

You hit the nail on the head, it's a sprint race, not an endurance, so finnishing the race really doens't mean jack.
#79 - 5haz
But to finish first, first you have to finish, also you have to be in it to win it.
Quote from BlueFlame :You hit the nail on the head, it's a sprint race, not an endurance

Not entirely true in today's F1! The fact you have to make an engine last 2 or 3 (can't remember the rules for this year) races means in effect they have to do 4-6 hours of running which in my book constitutes endurance... for the engines and gearboxes at least.
Quote from Intrepid :Not entirely true in today's F1! The fact you have to make an engine last 2 or 3 (can't remember the rules for this year) races means in effect they have to do 4-6 hours of running which in my book constitutes endurance... for the engines and gearboxes at least.

Well what would they rather the drivers do score points in 1 out of two races or dnf in both? That's why Hamilton wanted to save, he knows he can get more than what he had then, if he saved the engine.
Quote from 5haz :But to finish first, first you have to finish, also you have to be in it to win it.

Rick Mears said that but he said that in reference to CART and ovals (i think it was after the 500 he said that but idk).

In F1, to finish first you first have to qualify first

Quote from BlueFlame :Well what would they rather the drivers do score points in 1 out of two races or dnf in both? That's why Hamilton wanted to save, he knows he can get more than what he had then, if he saved the engine.

As I've said before....with the new rule it's better to finish < 6th and a DNF than to have two > 6th finishes. Just the way F1 is now these days.
I wonder how many years it'll take of participating in F1 threads to know that points go to 8th place?
And who is commenting on F1 engine life without knowing that they have 8 engines per year, rather than a minimum life per engine?
Quote from tristancliffe :I wonder how many years it'll take of participating in F1 threads to know that points go to 8th place?
And who is commenting on F1 engine life without knowing that they have 8 engines per year, rather than a minimum life per engine?

That's the point, if you only have 8, you have to use 1 engine every 2 races right? (16 rounds a season?) So if you have had engine blow ups, you need to nurse all your other engines.
Quote from BlueFlame :That's the point, if you only have 8, you have to use 1 engine every 2 races right? (16 rounds a season?) So if you have had engine blow ups, you need to nurse all your other engines.

Well no actually, alot of drivers have been using 1 engine for over 2 races.
Quote from lizardfolk :Webber received a drive through penalty. Hamilton dropped like a rock when he received that puncture. Different circumstances.

no in Australia im talking about, Webber got hit by Barrichello and someone else(forgot) and he races the rest of the race with a damaged car, not only that but he came dead last of all the finishers.
Quote from lizardfolk :Rick Mears said that but he said that in reference to CART and ovals (i think it was after the 500 he said that but idk).

In F1, to finish first you first have to qualify first

As I've said before....with the new rule it's better to finish < 6th and a DNF than to have two > 6th finishes. Just the way F1 is now these days.

No one would Retire on purpose if they where in 7th place becuase thats still Points!

Each track is different anyway, just becuase you retire at a certian track doesn't make you good at the next the car maybe isn't suited to it.
Quote from Mustafur :Well no actually, alot of drivers have been using 1 engine for over 2 races.

And what happens when you have about 2 engines left and with more than 7 races to go?

Quote from Mustafur :No one would Retire on purpose if they where in 7th place becuase thats still Points!

Each track is different anyway, just becuase you retire at a certian track doesn't make you good at the next the car maybe isn't suited to it.

I never said anyone who was 7th or 8th or out of points should retire on purpose. But, do the math, I'm pretty sure that within two races, 10-6 points is a lot better than 4 even if within that 10-6 points there's a DNF.

Also, we're talking about engines and gearbox integrity. Not really about the car itself
But not every car can consistantly challenge For points everyrace.

Also, what if a team has 5 engines left and only 3 races to go?

if they going good on engine supply then can afford to run the full distance even if there at the back.
Quote from Mustafur :Also, what if a team has 5 engines left and only 3 races to go?

Then they have ****ed up their strategy
Quote from Becky Rose :Hungary meh. The race so dull that Brundle often doesnt even bother to show up to commentate.

BBC won't let Brundle to take the weekend off this year.

But yeah it will be interesting to see Brawn's performace against RBR (but the race itself is probably not gonna be interesting). Brawn has a MASSIVE update this race, with much hotter weather, I should say Brawn should have a SLIGHT advantage over RBR.
Webber as per usual.

Especially now he has the UFO thrown anti javelin device fitted to his helmet as standard, i believe it also resists the effects of Black cats, ladders, broken mirrors and the adverse effect of running over men of Chinese origin*...

* non racist remark , in fact its some type of aged married ladies proverb.

Golly gee i love being PC

GO WEBBER!!
Algesuari has got Ciao Henry on his helmet, no guesses as to who thats for
Quote from trebor901 :Algesuari has got Ciao Henry on his helmet, no guesses as to who thats for

Yeah, very nice.
Attached images
ciaohenry.jpg
Anyone got good quality stream for practice?
Hamilton did the fastest time.
Kovalainen maked fastest time in first one.
#98 - wild
Kovalainen fastest in FP1 and Hamilton in FP2, De La Rosa in FP3 anyone?

Since Williams have stated that they're no longer doing their low-fuel runs in practice session anymore, this would suggest that they've really got some good pace here; Rosberg 2nd fastest in FP1 and Nakajima 5th and in FP2 Rosberg 3rd and Nakajima again 5th.

As Barrichello said on his twitter Brawn always does long fuel run in Friday practices and for every 10KG of fuel its about 4-tenths off the pace. So we've not yet seen the potential of either cars yet
#99 - col
Quote from Mustafur :Explain to me how wanting to park it is trying your hardest?

Limiting engine revs due to the rules doesn't mean hes not trying hes hardest. specificly asking to park it means he is.

nonsense!

Asking the team if they should park the car means he IS trying his hardest!
Deep down, Hamilton probably wants to turn everything up and floor it, but he is a professional and part of a team, so he is trying to control his instincts and 'look at the bigger picture'.
The team are just better at understanding the bigger picture than Hamilton is - which is why he asked them. He's just thinking about his next race, while they are thinking about both cars and future development.

With the testing restrictions, any time on track becomes more valuable to the team, even when the car is damaged. particularly as they were debuting a new 'package'.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
No streams anyone?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG