The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Really great to hear an update of the physics engine is in the works.

Very sad to hear a content pack wont be available until after S3. If this sim needs anything sooner rather than later it's new content.

See you back on track in 5 years then i guess....

Ha ha, this is the thing about hearing things 3rd hand, I understood it to mean something different.

The way I read it was. After S3 has been finished (the stage we understand to be the final stage) they intend to then release content packs. This does not mean that S3 will not have new content also.

This is the very reason little information can be dangerous.

Cue a new thread "whats the point of S3 if it will have no new content!"
Good news
Quote from menantoll :The way I read it was. After S3 has been finished (the stage we understand to be the final stage) they intend to then release content packs.

That's how I understood it too, I think they mean that once they complete S3 then development won't actually stop. They are probably trying to avoid opening up the game to the community for modding by promising extra content.
Thanks for the info.
That seems good. If there is a physics update this bring some possibilities:

Car parts falling off
Barriers fixed
No more crazy air crashes!

I hope S3 and car packs aren't too far away. Maybe the Rally pack hasn't been cancelled!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :That seems good. If there is a physics update this bring some possibilities:

Car parts falling off
Barriers fixed
No more crazy air crashes!

I hope S3 and car packs aren't too far away. Maybe the Rally pack hasn't been cancelled!

I wouldn't think too far ahead, I'd just expect tyre physics updates.
Suspension updates is another thing you could expect since Scirocco has type of suspension that is not modeled in the current version.
Here goes the hype / wild guessing again
Quote from The Moose :Very sad to hear a content pack wont be available until after S3. If this sim needs anything sooner rather than later it's new content.

Nobody said you won't get extra content in S2 patches and S3. I understood it as there will be content packs which would be available without new patches.
Quote from The Moose :Really great to hear an update of the physics engine is in the works.

Very sad to hear a content pack wont be available until after S3. If this sim needs anything sooner rather than later it's new content.

See you back on track in 5 years then i guess....

Who said he wouldn't bring other cars/tracks before this content pack?

Yes, ok he didn't say that, but we can hope
I think its great what he's saying, but I don't think it was a good idea to post it lol.
Quote from J@tko :Who said he wouldn't bring other cars/tracks before this content pack?

He wouldn't, he is web/IRC/server dude.
Im glad that S3 is coming....someday.
Oh God.... Here we go again.... People getting all hyped up about something not announced, ready to cry and troll when it doesnt come......
Actually there had been some speculation early this year about the electronic systems of the VWS requiring an update in tyre physics to behave realistically. The guy who said this was german as well, can't remember his name off ATM.
Maybe they tried iRacing and thought....hmmm we must do something on the physics side. ANd LFS already has more content then iRacing so.... bring on the patch.
This is good news and since i don't race that much online other than for leagues and practicing i don't really get bored of LFS but i'm getting a wheel so i should be able to get intrested again as i have to learn the wheel style of racing. but still this is good news and i don't care how long it takes as long as they make it
This was a nice promotion for LFS and Sim-racing, there was an article about the event and LFS in the local newspaper

http://www.wz-newsline.de/sro.php?redid=579864

But what will the rest of Scavier say about Victors disclosures.

Maybe something like :chefsmiliVictor you TRAITOR!!:chefsmili
One of my guesses about the Scirocco delay was VW holding the release back untill the car is presented the right way. An understeery pig won't be good advertisment.
l;k
Quote from DevilDare :Oh God.... Here we go again.... People getting all hyped up about something not announced, ready to cry and troll when it doesnt come......

Victor was very thoughtful and told only stuff he was sure he can tell us ^^ But because of the language barrier (germans talking english to a dutchman ) some stuff might got interpreted in the wrong way. For me these are the things that you can take for granted:

-The patch will take its time
-Physics are going to be renewed (e.g. correcting lowspeed understeer)
-the next patch is going to be big

While he really was excited when talking about the work that is done currently, he still said that people that complain/expect a lot, should take a break (e.g. play another sim) and wait for the updates to be released and then come back to enjoy the new stuff.

For the other stuff we talked about that may come (and could create speculation) he just said something like: "you know everything is planned But if and when is a different question".

The most important thing for me was the impression that they really work on this project and that we can expect it to be steadily improved. Sadly with more progress there comes more complexity that slows work down, so we may have to wait a bit longer for an update but it looks like its worth waiting.
Quoted for reinforcement!

Don't read anything more into it that what is there.

Quote from Flughafen :Victor was very thoughtful and told only stuff he was sure he can tell us ^^ But because of the language barrier (germans talking english to a dutchman ) some stuff might got interpreted in the wrong way. For me these are the things that you can take for granted:

-The patch will take its time
-Physics are going to be renewed (e.g. correcting lowspeed understeer)
-the next patch is going to be big

While he really was excited when talking about the work that is done currently, he still said that people that complain/expect a lot, should take a break (e.g. play another sim) and wait for the updates to be released and then come back to enjoy the new stuff.

For the other stuff we talked about that may come (and could create speculation) he just said something like: "you know everything is planned But if and when is a different question".

The most important thing for me was the impression that they really work on this project and that we can expect it to be steadily improved. Sadly with more progress there comes more complexity that slows work down, so we may have to wait a bit longer for an update but it looks like its worth waiting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG