The online racing simulator
#1 - Be2K
We had met Victor van Vlaardingen
He was on our Award Ceremony of the DRS League in Wuppertal last Weekend. So we had a talk with him (http://forum.digitalracingseri ... 4ad9222700b2a69fa8c14473d)
but he gave us only a little overview to the VW Scrirocco and about work in LFS. So they are working on a revision of the Physikengine to get a better car controle on all tracks. The Car traction (grip) on Tracks will be more better with less understeering. So the Scirrocco takes a long time of work on the engine because they needs to be updating the physikengine. This takes automaticlly a adjustment to the physiks of the other cars in lfs.

One more point was S3 it will come !! =) BUT it comes "when its done"
One of the plans in LFS will be a content pack after S3 came out. They'll be include new tracks and Cars but this is in a far away future

The date of the patch we didnt know he wouldnt / couldnt say it.

so this is a little overview of our meeting with victor. For more Impressions visit http://forum.digitalracingseri ... page=Board&boardID=70 there will be photos and films.

Sry 4 the bad english.
Thanks the very good infos
Thats indeed good news
Good news, but i don't get the forum link. Don't you have a direct link to a topic? I don't know where to look
Quote from Be2K : Sry 4 the bad english.

No probs, very interesting information there, thanks for it. Vicc is starting a rumor mills!

I'm just afraid, it will start some "you told us..." posts in the future... but let's hope, it will not come (or at least in smaller range).
#6 - Be2K
#7 - HVS5b
Nice piece of information there, lets hope we see the fruits of their labour soon
#8 - BURN
Quote from Be2K :...
One of the plans in LFS will be a content pack after S3 came out. They'll be include new tracks and Cars but this is in a far away future

:S , but good to know i guess

Thx for the info guys and Victor!
Great news
That sounds great!
Quote from Be2K :He was on our Award Ceremony of the DRS League in Wuppertal last Weekend. So we had a talk with him (http://forum.digitalracingseri ... 4ad9222700b2a69fa8c14473d)
but he gave us only a little overview to the VW Scrirocco and about work in LFS. So they are working on a revision of the Physikengine to get a better car controle on all tracks. The Car traction (grip) on Tracks will be more better with less understeering. So the Scirrocco takes a long time of work on the engine because they needs to be updating the physikengine. This takes automaticlly a adjustment to the physiks of the other cars in lfs.

One more point was S3 it will come !! =) BUT it comes "when its done"

The date of the patch we didnt know he wouldnt / couldnt say it.

so this is a little overview of our meeting with victor. For more Impressions visit http://forum.digitalracingseri ... page=Board&boardID=70 there will be photos and films.

Sry 4 the bad english.

You didn't REALLY beleave me when I told you I was Victor, did you?
That's not good news, it's excellent news!
The Grip in LFS is actually a big problem... Good thing you're working on it
#13 - Be2K
Quote from Highharti :You didn't REALLY beleave me when I told you I was Victor, did you?

no i dont Sascha *hust*
#14 - Byku
Yeah, i wouldn't say they are working on physics engine, they are experimenting. It might or might not work. I'm just suprised that Scawen is keeping it a secret, yet Victor is not.... ... i hope they are not going to fight with each other . Oh... and "The Car traction (grip) on Tracks will be more better with less understeering"... yyy... we have too much understeer now?
He gave information, but he doesnt work on the LFS game itself (i assume) since he is the manager of the forum/website. Or am i wrong?

Anyways, really great news.
#16 - Be2K
Quote from Byku :Yeah, i wouldn't say they are working on physics engine, they are experimenting. It might or might not work. I'm just suprised that Scawen is keeping it a secret, yet Victor is not.... ... i hope they are not going to fight with each other . Oh... and "The Car traction (grip) on Tracks will be more better with less understeering"... yyy... we have too much understeer now?

he said they must working on it and scawen isnt experimenting, Victor said they MUST updating the engine to include the VW car.

and with understeering victor said that. he gives an example with a steering.
So the cars goes to early understeer and the grip which they hoped the cars got, arent yet correctly in LFS

Quote from hazaky :He gave information, but he doesnt work on the LFS game itself (i assume) since he is the manager of the forum/website. Or am i wrong?

Anyways, really great news.

yes he only gaves informations he didnt work actually on LFS this is only Scawens work. Victor doing a full time job in a another Job (dont know witch work he is doing at the momment)
Quote from Byku :we have too much understeer now?

yes!
Look at the downforce you have to put in GTRs so they don't understeer...
Quote from Byku :we have too much understeer now?

Not with the setups most people use, but if they are restricting setup options there might be an issue with excessive understeer. I expect the reason the Scirocco got delayed was because they discovered this problem with understeer, after all they have a real life version of it to make comparisons with.
#19 - Byku
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Not with the setups most people use, but if they are restricting setup options there might be an issue with excessive understeer. I expect the reason the Scirocco got delayed was because they discovered this problem with understeer, after all they have a real life version of it to make comparisons with.

Ok got it ^^... but I can already imagine people saying that those cars "are unrealistically tail-happy" (some people are already saying that ). Now i'm really curious what changes we will get , and how will they feel .
Quote from Sir moi 407 :yes!
Look at the downforce you have to put in GTRs so they don't understeer...

Have to agree with you on this one. I mean the XRR and the FXR both understeer like a pig and you have to make big compromises when you try to make a competitive setup.If that would be any better I´d love to drive them even more.
Reading between the lines, it seems the Vee Dub highlighted some (possibly glaring) issues in the tyre physics, hence a re-working of the physics engine and the delay.

TBH, if this delay brings us better tyre physics, it can only be a good thing.
Quote from danowat :Reading between the lines, it seems the Vee Dub highlighted some (possibly glaring) issues in the tyre physics, hence a re-working of the physics engine and the delay.

TBH, if this delay brings us better tyre physics, it can only be a good thing.

agree
Really great to hear an update of the physics engine is in the works.

Very sad to hear a content pack wont be available until after S3. If this sim needs anything sooner rather than later it's new content.

See you back on track in 5 years then i guess....
#24 - Be2K
Quote from The Moose :Really great to hear an update of the physics engine is in the works.

Very sad to hear a content pack wont be available until after S3. If this sim needs anything sooner rather than later it's new content.

See you back on track in 5 years then i guess....

i said "one of thery plans would be a content pack" but this musnt be Victor gave use some information what must be reworked so this musnt be mean they do all this stuff just waiting and the time will say more
Thanks, interesting information.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG