The online racing simulator
New Scirocco?
(94 posts, started )
Quote from speed1 :Just face it, the Scirocco will never come. When I first realized this, I was sad, then I remembered all of LFS's other cars.

I think you're probably right.
My reason for thinking this is that Volkswagen suddenly realised that you could damage the car beyond recognition in game. You can roll it as well! They must have been under the impression they were talking to the guy from NEED for Speed. So they say to Scawen, 'Make it zo you can't tamage zer car or roll it over. Zen you can haf our car' (sorry about the bad accent) To which Scawen said 'Sorry boyo, no can do. Either it gets damaged or we don't use it.'
Let's face it, there was a working example at some game fair or other many many months ago. I can't see it would take Scawen that long to 'finalise' the handling even if he did move house in the meantime.

So don't hold your breath waiting for the Scirocco.
:twocents:
Quote from Doorman :I think you're probably right.

So don't hold your breath waiting for the Scirocco.
:twocents:

Wager?
Don't want to make another tread but can please dev's tell us are you still going to make sirocco. its just because we have waited over a half a year and we have made a lot of new DDS files and a lot of skins. If you going to say that there's no sirocco do it now.
that thing is beast!!!! i just want them to hurry up with it i bought S2 specifically for the scirocco.
Quote from J03130 :that thing is beast!!!! i just want them to hurry up with it i bought S2 specifically for the scirocco.

You bought one of, if not the best racing simulators, with a decent range of cars and tracks, just for an XFG/FXO hybrid?
I hardly think we're forbidden to talk about the VW, its just the topics that fill up with useless spam posts like yours, are the ones that get closed.
lol I dunno are we not allowed to talk about the VW? lol I don't know why that would be a problem though, it seems like many people are totally stoked about it coming to LFS, I don't see anything bad happening from it, but if we're not allowed to, I'll respect that wish, I just don't understand why is all.

note: i just looked up and saw "useless spam", ok lol there's 1 bad thing that may come from it, sorry if I ever did that.
Come on guys, of course we're allowed to talk about it. Why the hell would they 'censor' people who talk about the Scirocco? Ridiculous

Personally I think they're just wanting to release an upgrade with other things than the Scirocco, and thus the car will come with a few other major and minor features.
Quote from Luke.S :For all we know VW could have asked the devs if they want to put the scirocco R into LFS aswell. So that could be what is holding up development time.

It could explain everything.

But I'm still calling the game as LIVE FOR WAITING...
Quote from Pablo Donoso :
Oddly enough, I found it googling LFS Logos, along with this one that totally baffles me why it would have an LFS tag on it.

http://www.gsglobe.com/GSG/Images/display/full/GS2007.jpg

Simple, as can clearly be seen from this image, the young lady is secretly moving the vital pieces remaining for the next release of LFS down a very, very long meandering river. Once she reaches the destination, she and the rest of her pals which make up the LFS development team, will open all the boxes, put together the VWS and hey presto, we have another fresh release of LFS to drool over and set new records.

Ahh although I certainly won't be setting any new records because i'm too old and slow.
Quote from Rauen :It could explain everything.

But I'm still calling the game as LIVE FOR WAITING...

You've been playing since Feb 09 and your complaining about development speed? Something tells me you get bored quickly and a new patch will only keep you satisfied for 10 minutes...
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Haha you're just jealous of my coolness

Indeed, he most likely is.

You have a censored swear word in your signature, it doesn't get cooler than that.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Cooler than your signature "IMO" hahaha

too bad your opinion about his signature ain't worth a damn
Hmm, I expect the devs are spending their time creating an intricate simulation of faulty electronics that cause the horn to honk and the passenger window to wind itself down whenever you indicate left - coupled with an exciting mini-game called "I hope you bought the extended warranty, sucker".
I stopped such a long time ago. I've totally lost my interest about VW Scirocco in LFS.
#68 - Myw
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. The Devs will release it when they've finished with it. Just be patient.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :I'm sick of waiting I think I'll stop now.

I stopped waiting for Scirocco even before it was announced, I am cooler than you
Didn't someone mention that they were working on the physics engine att he moment? Therefore being the reason for quite a long delay? As I assume it would be pointless to release a new car, and then have to work on it again after making changes to the physics engine?

Or did I get it all wrong - as always I do...
Theres no news we've heard nothing for ourselves, why would Victor tell someone who was surely going to post that information here on the forum without posting a news thread first? It doesn't make sense really, unless it was a mistake of Victor. I'm sick of waiting too, they said early 2009 it seems that they have jumped a few obsticles to get it ready for those competitions but they obviously thought it wasn't good enough for OUR standards. What annoys me though, is that I recently didn't have the internet for 2-3months and I thought I was missing out on the scirocco, but was I? No.
Well life's unfair ; ) Gotta get used to it... Personally I don't really mind it being postponed as long as official statement is made and couple reasons given why so.
Quote from Electric Eye :Well life's unfair ; ) Gotta get used to it... Personally I don't really mind it being postponed as long as official statement is made and couple reasons given why so.

Same here to be honest, it doesn't take much, it could be just a 5line paragraph, it doesn't have to be a replica da vinci code
Quote from BlueFlame :Same here to be honest, it doesn't take much, it could be just a 5line paragraph, it doesn't have to be a replica da vinci code

Yep I would definitely agree that it'd be really appreciated if there was an update on the official LFS website explaining why it has taken a bit longer than expected or whatever.

But obviously... Scawen isn't partying 24/7 and not doing any work on LFS, so I'm not really that bothered
my suggestion,get a life people,its much better than playing,i stopped playing a while ago now,and i dont miss it at all.

New Scirocco?
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG