The online racing simulator
How do you pronounce Jaime? As Haim maybe?

Bourdais is very talented driver, but he is not comfortable with F1 car. I think F1 cars are too light for him

and afterall Torro Rosso has been made by RedBull to introduce their young talents from other series to F1, and what, he was like almost 30
its pronounced hi-me.

ive been following him since karting, my m8 used to race him in european ICA and my lid is nicked from him! mint driver.
the testing ban means it's going to get harder for north american drivers to do well in F1 if they come straight in from thier own racing series. apart from getting used to the technology they also have to get to know the tracks and depsite simulators etc., any driver thats done even one year in GP2 will have a far more detailed knowlage of the F1 circuits that they have raced upon, the strange bits of surface were the grip isn't what you expect or where there is the most grip in the wet, compared to a driver experiencing them for real for the first time.
Quote from N I K I :How do you pronounce Jaime? As Haim maybe?

He doesn't look jewish to call him Haim.
People can't claim it's because he's being dominated by his team mate.

He has 2 points, Buemi has 3. Hardly a huge difference. His actual finishes are normally slightly higher than Buemi as well.

STR are nowhere, and they'll still be nowhere with Alguersuari.
Quote from lizardfolk :It is perhaps very very different but in general I would say that ChampCar standards are lower than F1. IndyCar might be a very different story however...as the oval biased Dallara chassis are so different. Different style, different animal, with a much faster top speed while slower acceleration than the F1 cars.

And F1 rejects aren't doing well in IndyCar recently as they did well in ChampCar.

Robert Doornbos moved to champcar. In his rookie season he scored 4 podiums and 2 wins. Seems like another F1 reject thrashing the American open wheel eh?

ChampCar fell, and he moved over to the normally more competitive Indy field. To this day his best finish in Indy is 9th. And he crashed out of the practice and race of the Indy 500. Enrique Bernoldi, and Ernesto Viso met the same reception moving to Indy as well. Also, lets not forget Johnny Herbert not qualifying in Indy.

Currently it seems that ChampCar is a weaker series, but Mustafur is right. Zanardi dominated Montoya in CART, but Montoya dominated Zanardi.

Who's to say what would have happened if it was Indy instead of ChampCar with IRL's freak of a chassis

As far as I'm aware Zanardi and Montoya never raced together in CART, and to be honest I think Montoya and Villeneuve are the only drivers in recent times to have made the switch from America to F1 and made any kind of impact.

Another thing to note is that Hamilton is the only former F3000/GP2 champion to win an F1 championship, and only another three (Alesi, Panis and Montoya) have won a GP.

I think it proves that there is no perfect feeder for F1 and that it really is a unique challenge for a driver.
aha, so it's Haimie, ok ty guys
Why are you guys calling him Jamie lol its Jaime IIRC therefore Haim not Haimie!
tbh im not suprised and not unhappy about it, you say that buemi isnt walking all over him but in comaprison he is, he is a much younger and much less experianced driver who is driving better to me that is walking all over.
Quote from count.bazley :As far as I'm aware Zanardi and Montoya never raced together in CART, and to be honest I think Montoya and Villeneuve are the only drivers in recent times to have made the switch from America to F1 and made any kind of impact.

Another thing to note is that Hamilton is the only former F3000/GP2 champion to win an F1 championship, and only another three (Alesi, Panis and Montoya) have won a GP.

I think it proves that there is no perfect feeder for F1 and that it really is a unique challenge for a driver.

Alonso won F3000(wait, no he came 4th)
why are they even allowed to put a driver who has basicly no f1 experience (cut the straight line test bullshit) in the grid?

shame for bourdais though (and how red bull seems to behave in general with drivers (speed) who are not their first choice anymore. that doesn't really speak for the company...)
Quote from three_jump :why are they even allowed to put a driver who has basicly no f1 experience (cut the straight line test bullshit) in the grid?

shame for bourdais though (and how red bull seems to behave in general with drivers (speed) who are not their first choice anymore. that doesn't really speak for the company...)

Imo Brandon Hartley should get the drive, he actually did some testing in the winter.

and what about Sato, they where actually considering him in the off season, i think its unrealistic for Jaime to race in hungary as he has never drove an F1 car ever.

With a ban on mid season testing it makes it extremely hard to just switch drivers in the middle of the season.
Wasn't Ide in a very similar position in terms of F1 experience? He didn't last long
Quote from tristancliffe :Funny how people want more human characters in F1, and then criticise them for wearing their hearts on their sleeves... C'est la vie...

but he was also whiny and french
both of which are hard to forgive
lol true
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Wasn't Ide in a very similar position in terms of F1 experience? He didn't last long

But did Bourdais go round wrecking everyone?
I'm not on about Bourdais?
#45 - wild
Quote from Mustafur :Big mistake imo, its very dangerous for a driver just to go into f1 with no previous testing expereince other then 1 drive in a straight line.

I agree to an extent, but he's been driving regularly this year in the WSR, so that should help him out to an extent. He'll just be trying to familiarise himself to the car this weekend I presume. Anyone putting a bet on a top 15 finish :P

Quote from Mustafur :should add some spark to a boring hungary track.

It would be more interesting if it rained, with no previous F1 experience other than straight-line testing. Now that would be fun to watch
I see another Yuji Ide... :smash3d:
Torro Rosso are getting the current aero package from Redbull in Hungary though so they should be very fast, which may make him look a bit better then he actually is.

I want him to prove me wrong though at 19 years of age and the youngest f1 driver to race ever he will have a huge building block if he can do decent.
The guy got lots of talent and seems to have his head pretty well settled so I predict a non-points finish around 15th, ahead of his team mate
Quote from BurnOut69 :The guy got lots of talent and seems to have his head pretty well settled so I predict a non-points finish around 15th, ahead of his team mate

I highly doubt he will be any where near Buemi, regardless of talent.
Quote from Mustafur :
Big mistake imo

Keeping Bourdais would also be a mistake... I think that recruiting Alguersuari is the better mistake to make...

Toro Rosso reportedly replaces Sebastien Bourdais with 19-year-old Jamie Alguersuari
(85 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG