The online racing simulator
A low fuel indicator light
(58 posts, started )
Blue light is for traction control, demo cars don't have traction control. Never seen a blue light in a car different than the fz50 and the BF1.
#27 - joen
Plus, there's only road cars in the demo.
Low Fuel Inicator Light
i think this wud be a ausome idea and will make LFS so much more real than it already is and also can be made to work through tht CSR remixer which is part of the major addon procces as in low petrol sound and indicators so why carnt tht be on !
There's a fuel gauge on the dashboard, and the F12 readout.. way more useful than some light. A low fuel light would only be interesting if it would light up at a custom fuel amount.. and even then you have all the info you need in the F12 HUD: fuel/lap consumption and fuel remaining. You don't even have to do any unit conversion operations.
Better (more realistic) than a dashboard-light is a sign of the pitcrew who give you a warning that you have to pit when your fuel is low.
Like in rFactor (my other racesim)
Quote from Falcon140 :race cars(or atleast nascar) doesnt have fuel gauges, much less lights.

nor spedo's for that matter.

NASCAR don't have anything really. FIA GT (GTR class equivilent) cars have MOTEC type systems that show brake temps, tyre temps, top speed, fuel etc, I imagine in the WTCC (roughly UFR and XFR equivielnt) they have them as well. The non-NASCAR racing car I can name with no fuel gauge is A1GP because they thought that the teams having more brainiacs calculating fuel use would be good
Quote from duke_toaster :NASCAR don't have anything really. FIA GT (GTR class equivilent) cars have MOTEC type systems that show brake temps, tyre temps, top speed, fuel etc, I imagine in the WTCC (roughly UFR and XFR equivielnt) they have them as well. The non-NASCAR racing car I can name with no fuel gauge is A1GP because they thought that the teams having more brainiacs calculating fuel use would be good

Sorry Duke but you really should at least think before speaking bullshit trying dis NASCAR/FIA/what ever it is today (not that I necessarily disagree with your opinions) most race cars do not have fuel gauges, that includes a lot of endurance racing cars. The fuel cells are filled with fuel tank foam, which prevents weight shift and pickup issues from the fuel sloshing about. The disadvantage of this and other limitations in fuel cell design is that getting an accurate fuel gauge is not easily done. Most endurance racing cars have a low fuel light but most will not have a fuel gauge and the only way to accurately tell how much fuel is in the tank is to pump the fuel out of it then measure how much you out in. Often the 'fuel' readouts you see are just simple timers or lap counters based on how much the team calculates should be in the tank and how long it might last.

I don't know whether any racing cars actually have an accurate fuel gauge
due to the difficulties and wouldn't be surprised if you told me F1 cars simply went on calculations and a low fuel sensor.
modern or not...it would be easier ! (i know theres f12, but sometimes in race, u just cant get teh fingers off teh wheel to press it D

so...+1 4 fuelindicatorlight
Wouldn't it be better to have a voice sample of the pit crew yelling "FFS pit this lap or you'll run out of fuel! Pit! Pit now!" when you've dropped below the estimated 1-lap amount?

And then if you run out they could laugh and shout abuse at you. Now that's simulation
I want to be able to take the alternator out for sprint races.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I want to be able to take the alternator out for sprint races.

I wouldn't cry if the FOX suddenly couldn't do endurance races and a more realistic refueling time of about 5 minutes removing the bodywork was added
+1 for little nice feature
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :+1 for little nice feature

Here, have a flame resistant suit, as someone will surely attack you for searching and posting into an already existant thread...
Quote from bbman :Here, have a flame resistant suit, as someone will surely attack you for searching and posting into an already existant thread...

At least for adding a useless post to a 2.5 year old thread!
its a nice idea
+1
I hope this comes in the next patch
YES it is very good idea, I'm agree with this, and here is my suggestion:

About Reserve Tank/Fuel:
Optical (Light on tachometer/dashboard) and acoustical (PIP sound) signaling if the Reserve Tank/Fuel reached. When fuel reach the Reserve level in tank, then it should be signaling by optical light and acoustical PIP sound in dashboard. This signaling (light and PIP) should be activated at every new starting of engine, when fuel is on reserve - as in real car. For more flexibility if you want, it can be configured by user. Level of reserve tank may be configured by user (% or liters), and this signaling can be turned ON or OFF button by user in LFS configuration menu. Existing of this Reserve Tank/Fuel signalling is very requested, but possibility of modification or configuration of reserve level not must be existing. It can be programmed on fix value as in real car (can not be modified the reserve level). Each car may have his own reserve level tank (threshold level for signalling of reserve tank). Users who want this Reserve Tank signaling, they can turn ON this feature, and users who don't want this, they can turn OFF this signaling. Can be realized it in LFS?
Quote from petervsp :This signaling (light and PIP) should be activated at every new starting of engine, when fuel is on reserve - as in real car.

What car? Never heard of a low fuel alarm before.
Nor have i, but i have heard of those bloody trip meter things that show you how many miles you have left on a little calcuator style LCD display.

How useful that was, sat at the side of the A14 in a dead granada limo, as it gleefully displayed that we had 21 miles left before we ran out of petrol. No we f*%£ing didnt!!
Yeah I'd like to see a low fuel light too, My car has one and its a sports car, which has been raced before in a race version...
The Virtual LFS Outgauge Dashboard has a lo-fuel warning light... it comes on with less than 10% fuel.

I don't know if that's something you can use? I guess it would be nice to have it builtin the game though
Quote from NightShift :What car? Never heard of a low fuel alarm before.

My fiesta has it. When it's low on fuel an orange gas pump light comes on, if it goes lower it turns red and when it's almost completely empty it starts to make noises.
Sjoenne, how or where I can get the Virtual LFS Outgauge Dashboard? I want it. Please can you provide it for me? Thank you.
Real cars have the Gas light and a BEEP BEEP BEEP that goes off every minute or so :/

A low fuel indicator light
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG