The online racing simulator
25 million dollars of Ferrari
(41 posts, started )
This '62 Ferrari 250 GTO was at my karting meet:

I got to sit in it earlier in the year. It's like sitting in 40 years of pure motorsports spirit. The owner has a bunch of classic Ferraris and Maseratis. He brings one up every race weekend.
#2 - Byku
Beauty! I envy You .
Awesome. My dad had a '64 250 Berlinetta Lusso at one point. He paid $7500 for it in the early 70s!
Ladies and gentlemen, THAT is a real Ferrari.
That's alot of money for a piece of junk.
Quote from Bose321 :That's alot of money for a piece of junk.

thats a lot of money for pure historic racing and pedigree
Quote from brt900 :thats a lot of money for pure historic racing and pedigree

And an incredibly exciting, absolutely gorgeous, quite frankly eargasmic engine note
i agree that that is a proper ferrari, i love old ferarris but i hate new ones
Quote from brt900 :thats a lot of money for pure historic racing and pedigree

Frankly the point of cars is to drive them, not lock them up under dusted sheets in heated garages and bring them out twice a year, when someone pays you to bring them to a show.

I'd rather eat $25million than buy a car and not use it every day.. I could buy a pretty nicely sized island for that....or immunity in America, whatever takes your fancy..
thats a fine waste of money.
Ah, the amusing phrases people come out with when they can't afford to have something, and suspect they never will - "I wouldn't want it anyway" or "cars are meant to be driven"... Very funny.
#12 - 5haz
Quote from tristancliffe :Ah, the amusing phrases people come out with when they can't afford to have something, and suspect they never will - "I wouldn't want it anyway" or "cars are meant to be driven"... Very funny.

Plus one, the jealousy is so easy to see.

By all accounts a 250 is a dream to drive, come on if someone offered you one would yo say no?
Jamie if you actually look at the car before berating it because you can't cope with the fact you'll never be able to afford one you can quite clearly tell this is a somewhat scruffy clearly actively used example of an absolutely gorgeous car. It's not been over restored and been attacked with chrome like so many American classics. There's nothing wrong with cars that aren't driven either there were some real stunners in the Goodwood concourse, and half the cars were never meant to be driven in the first place, none of them a waste (except for the rebodied E type!).
Attached images
DSCF3067.JPG
DSCF3068.JPG
DSCF3077.JPG
DSCF3080.JPG
DSCF3085.JPG
DSCF3086.JPG
DSCF3087.JPG
DSCF3098.JPG
DSCF3101.JPG
DSCF3100.JPG
DSCF3099.JPG
DSCF3094.JPG
Quote from theirishnoob :thats a fine waste of money.

So is Whiskey and Guinness

The last good ferrari stopped with the F40
#15 - JJ72
omg, it's perfect.

i think the car does get driven, look at the weared down seat.
Wait sorry what? Since when does everyone assume people are jealous..

No, I couldn't ever afford one. No, even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy one. Oh and no, I'm not jealous. Nothing matters less in my life, as I'm sure is the case with many others.

Quite frankly it pisses me off people assuming that people (myself in this example) are jealous because I (others too most likely), frankly, don't care more than an "Oh, cool".

But whatever I'm too tired to bother caring anymore.
looks nice but personaly id rather spend 7k and buy a zx6r the wase 25mil on a car thats slower then a R32 gtr
Quote from MAD3.0LT :looks nice but personaly id rather spend 7k and buy a zx6r the wase 25mil on a car thats slower then a R32 gtr

You wouldn't want to go faster than it, you'd hold back just to hear it for longer
This what they had at my local kart track

Shame I wasn't there to watch was rather humourous I hear.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Frankly the point of cars is to drive them, not lock them up under dusted sheets in heated garages and bring them out twice a year, when someone pays you to bring them to a show.

I'd rather eat $25million than buy a car and not use it every day.. I could buy a pretty nicely sized island for that....or immunity in America, whatever takes your fancy..

Aha, you know, you say that but...

The owner has taken it all around the world to various tracks and runs it quite hard.

Quote from Intrepid :This what they had at my local kart track

Shame I wasn't there to watch was rather humourous I hear.

Damn. Outdone on the first page. Although, we did have an Alfa Romeo 50's Grand Prix car a few months ago. That one gets tracked, too.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Quite frankly it pisses me off people assuming that people (myself in this example) are jealous because I (others too most likely), frankly, don't care more than an "Oh, cool".

You went to the trouble of posting to tell everyone you don't care - which suggests you do care
Oh leave him alone! Free speech and stuff?
I don't understand why all the others who say they don't like it or it's a waste of money haven't been targeted? You've just targeted S14, give the man a break, he doesn't like it, so leave it at that.
Wonder if that seat is ''worth a pin to reset an mp3 with'' in a few years.

Nice car anyhow, i would only like the engine really.

(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG