The online racing simulator
120mph+ in reverse gear???
(73 posts, started )
I was cruising along in my XRG to get my money up as you do, untill i was over taken by a FZ50 in reverse.. we got up to the straight and I really struggled to keep up with him doing 120mph.
He claimed his FZ50 set up could do 149+ mph in reverse??

Is this kind of set up even possible?
Quote from azagedon :I was cruising along in my XRG to get my money up as you do, untill i was over taken by a FZ50 in reverse.. we got up to the straight and I really struggled to keep up with him doing 120mph.

With the right gears,yes it is.
Quote from azagedon :I was cruising along in my XRG to get my money up as you do, untill i was over taken by a FZ50 in reverse.. we got up to the straight and I really struggled to keep up with him doing 120mph.

Just put your final gear ratio to something very low(ie : 1.000) and here you go.
Yes it's possible. I remember when I was owned by some alien driving backwards in fxr on Aston
But you will burn your clutch very fast.
#6 - G!NhO
Not if you drive off in first gear, then make a 180 degree slide and bang it into reverse and you are off.

Oh and with autoclutch it burns faster yes, clutch pedal is needed.
Niceee. Any set ups already out there or shall I have a crack at it and give you guys a d/l? :P
Take any set, drop final drive as low as possible, and mulitply your gear ratios to keep the forward gears the same. Net result: nothing changes except reverse gets taller. It's easy stuff.
Quote from Bob Smith :Take any set, drop final drive as low as possible, and mulitply your gear ratios to keep the forward gears the same. Net result: nothing changes except reverse gets taller. It's easy stuff.

;D Thanks dude, but it handles like a swingy bit of crap in reverse?
Swapping the camber from the front to back would make any difference?
not really, i guess its the weight ratio from front/rear making this handling difference. and of course you are steering with your rear-tyres since you drive reverse
Where did you get passed by that FZ5? Is it in TC Montana/Kyoto or LTC Live to Cruise servers???

Is that guy in 1. a Blue with white/black/red Nismo stripe 350Z skin or 2. A all black car???

Is that guy in the name of 1. Saito-Reverse Cruising or 2. Mitsubishi Zero A6M8 or 3. Black Rock Shooter??

If your answer is yes to all that, it means that would be me.

Yes i am the one who now always drive a Black FZ5 and in reverse. Name is Black Rock Shooter, mostly seen in TC montana or LTC. Normal cruising speed in TC is 160kph (99.41939075797mph) to avoid speeding fine, and max speed is 235+kph (146.0222301758mph). All speed record is not one-off-crash-after records.....it includes braking to safely corner a bend.

And no, i am not the only one who can do reverse cruising. And yes i did send some of my private sets to some people.
Quote from Neoman15M :Where did you get passed by that FZ5? Is it in TC Montana/Kyoto or LTC Live to Cruise servers???

Is that guy in 1. a Blue with white/black/red Nismo stripe 350Z skin or 2. A all black car???

Is that guy in the name of 1. Saito-Reverse Cruising or 2. Mitsubishi Zero A6M8 or 3. Black Rock Shooter??

If your answer is yes to all that, it means that would be me.

Yes i am the one who now always drive a Black FZ5 and in reverse. Name is Black Rock Shooter, mostly seen in TC montana or LTC. Normal cruising speed in TC is 160kph (99.41939075797mph) to avoid speeding fine, and max speed is 235+kph (146.0222301758mph). All speed record is not one-off-crash-after records.....it includes braking to safely corner a bend.

And no, i am not the only one who can do reverse cruising. And yes i did send some of my private sets to some people.

Its definitely number 1, Saito-Reverse Cruising and oh hey its you
hey man

Actually you can make your XRG reverse at high speed too.......just tune the final drive ratio in "transmission" and lower it. That would give you the reverse speed......your acceleration is going to be blunted.....um a bit....but your top speed would be higher. My best record on XRG is around 160kph or 100mph.

About your questions:

Swapping the cambers can help just like if you tune the camber on any car. And the car is swingy because it is rear wheel steer only, so your steering has to be as minimal as possible. And the reason my clutch can be very cool is that i use ways similar to G!NhO described.

Cheers~
Im pretty sure that it was Nooby over there in WS.C ... I pushed him so he cant start driving and yes, its possible. I couldnt catch him with my rb4 tho.
There are quite a few ppl out there who can reverse and outrun TBOs out there.........and I'd say i would love to meet them someday......

It's a pity reverse driving is not welcomed by everybody......you see, if you drive in reverse, it's certain you are slower than you can go, and accidents (oversteer>spin) will certainly piss people off........that's why i cannot reverse everywhere........

Anyway sorry for off topic........while we are on the subject, let's talk about the top speed.......All speed record is not one-off-crash-after records.....it includes braking to safely corner a bend.
My top speeds on different cars on TC Montana H1 Southbound are:

UF1: 135kmh+
XFG: 140-150kmh (can't remember)
XRG: 160+ kmh
LX4: Forgot, pending update
LX6: 180+ kmh (not sure, pending update)
RB4: 180+ kmh (not sure, pending update)
XRT: 200+ kmh (also have dedicated set for ovals, speed a little more than that)
FXO: 200+kmh
RAC: 200+kmh
FZ5: 235+kmh
XFR: 200+kmh (not sure, pending update)
FZR: 240+kmh (more than that, can't remember)

I am probably the only Reverser who made sets for UF1, XFG, LX4&6, XRT, FXO and XFR.........particularly for FWDs because they become RWD in reverse and they are a nightmare and fairy tale at the same time to drive.
Quote from Neoman15M :hey man

Actually you can make your XRG reverse at high speed too.......just tune the final drive ratio in "transmission" and lower it. That would give you the reverse speed......your acceleration is going to be blunted.....um a bit....but your top speed would be higher. My best record on XRG is around 160kph or 100mph.

About your questions:

Swapping the cambers can help just like if you tune the camber on any car. And the car is swingy because it is rear wheel steer only, so your steering has to be as minimal as possible. And the reason my clutch can be very cool is that i use ways similar to G!NhO described.

Cheers~

No worries i have the FZ5 now anyway on that cruise sever and thanks for the camber advise too dude, ill have to blast with you some time on there
It would be a pleasure to drive with you. See you soon. I am currently more seen as Black ★Rock Shooter in an all Black FZ5.......
i could make a reverse setup...i did make one that handled pretty good considering, and i could do it again, i will do it if anybody asks (nows the time where you all ask :razz

EDIT: i tried to make one in the FXR, and i got one with reasonable feel tops out in reverse at 119. on blackwood, it is very hard to stay strait, and to top out...what i did was went as fast as i could before the hill on the strait, then i clutch in, and slammed on the brakes until i was a bit past sideways (the brakes are set up for stopping in reverse) and by the time you are in reverse you are usually right back around idle

if anybody wants it just ask
I didn't make a reverse set for FXR because 4WD aren't the best drivetrain to use in reverse driving........the 4WD system would seriously wear down the performance and cornering is not exactly as sharp as the other 2WDs.............i think your set with nearly 120mph is already a very high speed for the FXR, good work

You need very precise and minimum steering to keep it straight, but drivetrain does have a big effect on the handling........that's why FXO is so exciting XD.......all my reverse sets have their brakes tuned for stopping in reverse too so they are quite useless stopping forward...

Race anytime?
Quote from Neoman15M :I didn't make a reverse set for FXR because 4WD aren't the best drivetrain to use in reverse driving........the 4WD system would seriously wear down the performance and cornering is not exactly as sharp as the other 2WDs.............i think your set with nearly 120mph is already a very high speed for the FXR, good work

You need very precise and minimum steering to keep it straight, but drivetrain does have a big effect on the handling........that's why FXO is so exciting XD.......all my reverse sets have their brakes tuned for stopping in reverse too so they are quite useless stopping forward...

Race anytime?

i chose 4wd because i thought it would have balance...hmmm thats ironic, and i wish i race sometime i have no internet on my gaming comptuter, but as soon as i get a new computer i will get internet and yes i will

EDIT: just wanted to say, i got an FZ5 and i set the final as low as it would go, and spread the gears out so 6th was also as low as it could go, rolled it on blackwood, and i managed to get 10 gauge overclocks (what is the term ) and it reached (i did the math :razz 1820 mph!! then i set the brakes all the way stregnth, and all the way to the back, and it stopped SO fast!!
when i did a set for RB4 i was having balance in mind too, but i was wrong........it's quite blunted and the central diff just make things worse......i can save the cars from spinning with other 2WDs but none of that is gonna happen on a 4WD...........

LOL at your max speed attempt......I think i once saw a youtube vid on a BF1 with 120000mph? (i forgot how many Zeros)

I suggest if anybody out there watching this thread and want to have a go themselves, start with a XRG.......easy to control, hone the skills, then progress to faster cars.........uf1 is good too, partly because it has the least power but also its handling has improved DRAMATICALLY when driving backwards, and i am not joking.....
-
(Kemn) DELETED by SamH : VOB hack FZR by demo racer
Whats your LFS username dude?
So we can burnnn it up aha
Il have to try and whip up a set up for FZ5 and XRT when i have some free time
My LFS username is my username here : Neoman15M

Look for any of these names : 1. Saito-Reverse Cruising or 2. Mitsubishi Zero A6M8 or 3. Black ★ Rock Shooter.......that would be me

The best Reverse i have ever met so far is a Mr. P but i won't disclose his full name here in case he doesn't want to be disclosed. The only person who can go flat out, holding all the lines, not crashing and still going very fast all the way around any track......hats off to him.....in fact i started reverse cruising after i saw him completely own me........
i smell making this the ofocial reverse setups thread :hide:

i can help out with any reverse setups if anybody wants
that's a great idea.......most people think reverse driving is for the odd, but they are wrong. They are for the bored (at least for me) or those who wanted to hone their driving skills.........let's make this official....

(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG