The online racing simulator
120mph+ in reverse gear???
(73 posts, started )
Saw way too much accidents on cruise servers.........a guide is needed =.=

If anybody has any questions about reverse driving please feel free to ask me here.
Tutorial 2 extension: Reverse drift.

It's not really what you expect. More like oversteer, a reversing RWD can only do little drifts like most FWDs, mostly momentum induced. It's not hard to initial a oversteer, but it's hard to control it. So one tip i can offer is to go a little faster than you normally would, turn in as you normally would and then delay the time you start to give it opposite lock. That would let the car slide a bit and it would look like a car oversteering from behind.
In your opinion neoman15m, which is the best handling car in reverse?
good question: I believe it has to be either the FZ5 or the RAC, but in the end, it all depends on the driver. Mr. P controlled his RAC so well even with less top speed than mine he could outrun me a few hundred meters.......and the tuning is also critical.........

Best improvement award?? that has to be awarded to the UF1. God it's such a job to drive backwards........

oh btw you can call me Black★Rock Shooter or BRS
It's all great you love to drive backwards and write tutorials about it, but at the same time it's soo pointless.
Quote from G!NhO :It's all great you love to drive backwards and write tutorials about it, but at the same time it's soo pointless.

Pointless but fun, its show boatin' really people are confused as why you have just over taken them in reverse and are amazed

Quote from Neoman15M :good question: I believe it has to be either the FZ5 or the RAC, but in the end, it all depends on the driver. Mr. P controlled his RAC so well even with less top speed than mine he could outrun me a few hundred meters.......and the tuning is also critical.........

Best improvement award?? that has to be awarded to the UF1. God it's such a job to drive backwards........

oh btw you can call me Black★Rock Shooter or BRS

Thanks dude another good question ill shoot at you, preferred method for steering? wheel, controller or keyboard? etc.
Quote from G!NhO :It's all great you love to drive backwards and write tutorials about it, but at the same time it's soo pointless.

Pointless, indeed. Why drive backwards when you can be much faster driving forward. Aha! You see, i started reverse driving because i was already bored with driving forward, and indeed the LFS game too. And, i wanted to have some fun while passing ppl in reverse so i did. You can do something normal cars, e.g. power out through the whole corner to get more grip............you would get oversteer in a normal RWD or understeer in a FWD car, but in reverse you would go round the corner nicely and exit at high speed......

Reply : azagedon

Well, i do not have a wheel so i can't comment on that. I would recommend mouse for steering in LFS, not just in reverse because keyboard can't be fine tuned, e.g. you can't hold the steering at a particular angle/do quick steering. The wheel should be similar to the mouse so it should be good as well. You don't need a lot of steering lock anyway
maybe i can beat a world record with backwards driving :dunce:
hmm, it depends. For the same car it's virtually impossible since the loss in power, speed and acceleration would increase your lap time greatly. But beating a FXO or XFG record with FZ5 or RAC, that's quite possible.........

Instead, i think you can set a world record for any track in reverse...........that's gonna be fun
If so, there should be rules like no forward travelling allowed in the recorded lap etc..........
getting going would suck
You don't need to use the first lap as your record lap............you can start normally and warm up the tyres first, then reverse to do a formal lap...........

I am now already trying to be faster with TC Montana city layout, layouts make it even more challenging

Oh btw, logitekg25 if you set a world record in reverse driving, i would be the first to congrat you.......and try beating your record XD provided that i have time
me? beat a record? yeah right...i am ordering a new computer today (which means i will be on the forum a LOT less soon (for all of those whiners who care about how much i post [keep in mind i have nobody who lives near me ]) and when people race/drift/cruise with me, they will see how slow i really am
everybody's been slow sometime in their past......i was very slow when i started playing, crashing more like. But generally you will improve.........ganbatte~
once i get online i will see how bad i really am
When do you get online? I am in GMT +8
i am in gmt+ well once i get internet on my gaming computer

whatever the east coast of usa is
OK...Here's 2 mpr of my reverse cruising (and running)

Please Skip the first 1-2 minutes in Reverse 1........
Reverse chase fail << the name means there are other cars to put things in prespective.
For my first successful escape replay, look for Saito-Reverse Cruising.........the replay was quite old you see.....

Reverse 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tz5mt2dzzdn
Reverse 2: (Escape failed in the end)
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzynldzhwk0
My first successful escape on reverse set:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttmdmzmmjmz

I originally planned to release a lap of me reverse in single player but then i found out a programme which can derive your set out of your spr, so i gave up on that idea..........

Opinions most welcome
Quote from Neoman15M :OK...Here's 2 mpr of my reverse cruising (and running)

Please Skip the first 1-2 minutes in Reverse 1........
Reverse chase fail << the name means there are other cars to put things in prespective.
For my first successful escape replay, look for Saito-Reverse Cruising.........the replay was quite old you see.....

Reverse 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tz5mt2dzzdn
Reverse 2: (Escape failed in the end)
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzynldzhwk0
My first successful escape on reverse set:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttmdmzmmjmz

I originally planned to release a lap of me reverse in single player but then i found out a programme which can derive your set out of your spr, so i gave up on that idea..........

Opinions most welcome

That file type doesnt play with windows media player
those are LFS replays..........you have to use LFS to open them

put them in LFS/data/mpr.......start the game >> go to replay >> select replay

Oh shiz sorry! Made a fool out of my self :P I'll check them out
Opinions and thoughts most welcome
Quote from Neoman15M :Opinions and thoughts most welcome

You can turn alot faster than i can without loosing it maybe a very well tuned set up and driving skills are in place

EDIT:
that was a very quick paced chase I must say nicee!
I am mouse user so in theory i can go from lock to lock faster than the 2 other forms. No money no wheel /.\

Cornering speed really depends on how much guts you have and how much grip you have. More guts, more grip = faster. That's why i take most corners slower than i would if i were racing with Mr. P. ...........I hate barriers.....

I love rozzers chasing me, but once my camber is damaged too much i will go forward. Damaged camber/suspension on a reversing car is very dangerous.

Vid. card said it's had enough. Going to be inactive for quite some time.

120mph+ in reverse gear???
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG