The online racing simulator
LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
Yeah, why not, was quite fun last time, depends on where it is, when and how much it costs though, stick me on the provo list.

Dan,
ok well this needs to move quite sharpish then if it is going to happen on the date range suggested. I really cannot wait for this though, will be great.

Maybe if we go to Daytona, Milton Keynes they could give us a recording of the event? :-), No crashing at my house though !! lol
ME ME ME!!

Sorry Will for not posting this thread, despite the fact I kept saying I would. A bit snowed under with my first exam tomorrow (gulp), and I kept forgetting. Glad you have it all under control though, and I think it's fair to say that the thread isn't being ignored because you posted it

Yet again I am more than willing to try and record the footage. And this time I'll be coming from Norfolk (no more uni, yay), so I'll be able to give one norfolker a lift (probably).

Florian - I PROMISE I'll remember it this time. I took it to Austria but left it in my hotel room. Maybe I should have given it to Jo, but I doubt you've seen him either
It is a very nice t-shirt though. It sits here all fluffed up in a bed of hacksaws.
ok thats 21 provisionally (i forgot myself :S)

hopefully scavi (devs) will want to come again so we only need another 2 or 3 before ill need to get something concrete. There will be a big fight to see who takes the 3rd seat for the devs

18 teams of 3 people... thats a maximum 54 people... only another 30 places to fill. Maybe we need to get vykos to bring some of his lads over

EDIT Maybe we can sort something out with cyberseat again
[SR] Sonicrealms racing team would be interested. We are a Welsh team consisting of ferret, kayjay and Tongey.

Obviously the date would be a factor as other people have said already but so long as we are all available on given date, you can count us in

Sounds like fun.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :There will be a big fight to see who takes the 3rd seat for the devs

There is only one person in the world who has the power to take this place...
The man himself, Eric Bailey
OK, im thinking of asking about Saturday July 1st for the event to start in the mid afternoon (1-3pm) I havnt spoken to anyone yet but that would be the date i would try to get.

once i get a couple more people and get a definite provisional date ill ask a mod to lock this one and ill start another thread.

And Keiran to your post below, dont worry im sure that tristan will pay for u
I'd love to go but would need to see how far away it's. Probaly cost me a small fortune to drive from here all the way to England

Keiran
Looking good. Alas I'm still car-less (as is Madman) so we'll be looking to scavenge lifts again.
hmm i finish work at 12:30 and its a bit late to book it off :s

Might make it if it was at Milton keynes but we'll see what days/dates the different places offer you first.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :hopefully scavi (devs) will want to come again so we only need another 2 or 3 before ill need to get something concrete. There will be a big fight to see who takes the 3rd seat for the devs

try and convince eric to go
Quote from Bob Smith :Looking good. Alas I'm still car-less (as is Madman) so we'll be looking to scavenge lifts again.

are you still able to get to haslemere station?
#38 - Smax
I can't commit that far ahead, but if I can make it then I suspect I can sort out the filming depending on how friendly the venue is and how close we can get to the track.

If I do come I'll be wanting to bring this....objections?... no?...good
Woah, Stephen Hawking's been on Pimp my Ride!!!

/me tries to pursuade Eric to come. Please come Eric.
#40 - NOIM
I'd love to come this year, i missed last year and supported ScHiZ in spirit
Quote from dUmAsS :are you still able to get to haslemere station?

Unless the world ends between now and then, yes. Although no 6am start for me next time, please. Because I'm never up that early...
OK in less than 1 day we already have 5 more people than the maximum was allowed for last years event. looking good. ill speak to someone today about getting a provisional date, then people from further away might be able to look into coming.
Quote from snewham :hmm i finish work at 12:30 and its a bit late to book it off :s

its 2 months away lol
oh lol, that might be ok then lol
Quote from keiran :
I'd love to go but would need to see how far away it's. Probaly cost me a small fortune to drive from here all the way to England

Keiran

Well, i had a little look on multimap....and it will be one hell of a journey, but very much worth it i bet!

For the sake of not being stranded once I get down south, it is looking like driving is the best bet

Anyway, I will see how many Scots or northern folk we get to make the journey more interesting.
I missed it last year and so I would like to try and make it this year. Put me down pending location/cost etc, but I am really keen! At the moment, I am looking at bringing the wife and kid and staying over the night before, so I will not have any room to take a passenger. However, if this changes I will post again.

Tim
Quote :i also looked at rye house, but i think im right in saying hoddeson isnt really near anywhere?? ive never been there. The stadium wouldnt be quite so great in a 4 stroke as a 2 stroke lo

It's a town track, in Hoddesdon, near Harlow and Ware/Hertford. It's reasonably close to the M11 and close to the A10. Locationwise it's North of London - which is a good thing, although a bit too far South for those who say "aye" every 3rd word.

The track itself is a good layout, although stadium bend is boring since the health & safety people said a 1 metre wide empty gravel trap, small wall, and a car park are not sufficient run off for a 85mph corner (95mph entry in a TKM).

As circuits go it has good technical challenges, the exit of the dogleg defining what is a good lap and a poor one and the hairpin being a great overtaking spot (although rental races use a shorter more forgiving hairpin, it's still a good passing place).

However facilities at the track is not so good and I could tell tales of how unprofessional the marshalls are until you where bored still - I will for now say this: Both myself and a friend have had major accidents at Rye House caused by poor marshalling. I was left unable to race for 6 months, my friends hasn't been able to race since and his accident was years ago - we're talking big ones - CAUSED by poor marshalling.

I last raced there when new owners took over, so perhaps things have improved.

The track entrance road is as pot holed as the surface of the moon and cannot be resurfaced because it's owned by the speedway who want the kart track to go bust, and the rental karts are poorly maintained.
Quote from Becky Rose :although a bit too far South for those who say "aye" every 3rd word.

Quote from mrbogeyman :

"Jimmy" in your case .
Well I don't really know anyone going except Scotty and Will, but if its at Daytona MK, I'll be there. Mostly because its a 10 min walk from my house Be good to put some faces to names. I am away after July 8th though.

LFS Karting Meeting 2006?
(127 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG