The online racing simulator
Seriously. What the hell? [rock music today]
(105 posts, started )
Quote from zeugnimod :There's nothing wrong with today's rock music, tbh. There isn't more or less good music, it's just different than in the 70s.

But I don't like difference.
I didn't say that. So nvm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94vo6NzQD5c (Rise Against)
http://www.rhapsody.com/agains ... s-and-vinegar/lyrics.html (Against Me!)

My favorites. Except I never really got into the last Rise Against CD for whateverreason.

And: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya8eaXohmKU (Gaslight Anthem)

Those are my favorites that I would classify as Rock BTW. I try to not be genre-ist at all. I listen to everything from The Devil Wears Prada to Lupe Fiasco to Franz Ferdinand to techno blah blah blah. Basically, I just like good music and talented, creative musicians.
I've only read the first page. The link in the OP leads to a video which has since been deleted, so I don't know what it was. There were referenced to some band "Brokencyde", which I have never heard of.

...And I hate all of you for introducing me to them. I'm going to go listen to some Creepshow or Mad Sin to make me forget it.
Quote from zeugnimod :
Slipknot (I guess most will disagree with that being good but still )

Love 'em.

Quote :
Hurt (this song is off one of the best albums of the 00's, IMO)

Amazing band. I prefer their self-titled album and Vol. II over the new album, though.

Quote :
Five Finger Death Punch

Great band.

Quote :
Scars On Broadway

I disagree on this one. I've got a couple songs which I mildly enjoy, but I don't think they're "good."
Quote :
Breaking Benjamin (see above again )

Same here.

Quote :
Lacuna Coil

Great live. Cristina Scabbia is gorgeous, too.
Quote from zeugnimod :There's nothing wrong with today's rock music, tbh. There isn't more or less good music, it's just different than in the 70s.

There's plenty of it to be found if you actually search for it instead of whining how it doesn't exist.

For example:
[snip]

Everything from after 2000 and everything good to great (IMO).

I actually didn't intend to make such a long list but the bands just kept coming and coming.

I would add:

Sonata Arctica
Stratovarius
Quote from MAGGOT :There were referenced to some band "Brokencyde", which I have never heard of.
...And I hate all of you for introducing me to them.

haha,what has been seen cannot be unseen...

I'm always raving about them on here, but my favourite band for a while now is a Finnish band called Kiuas. They're essentially 'normal' metal with power, folk, death and black influences too.

http://www.myspace.com/kiuasweb
You can add Opeth and Dream Theater to that list
Quote from deggis :But I don't like difference.

Maybe The Brian Jonestown Massacre is what your looking for. The started making music in the 90s, but it sounds as if made in the Vietnam war era, they have a particular oldish sounding style
@Dominguez/Zeugnimod/WhateverYouAreThisWeek: If our music hard drives get too close too each other they're going to breed and get very chubby...
Quote from Becky Rose :@Dominguez/Zeugnimod/WhateverYouAreThisWeek: If our music hard drives get too close too each other they're going to breed and get very chubby...

I'm zeugnimod most of the time.

Quote from R34king :The only slipknot song can stand is this. I only like this because it sounds like a lot NOT like them lol shows they can actaually kinda sing as seen in the chorus overall quite a catchy tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 54Fx4&feature=related

Sorry but that is totally ignorant nonsense.

Did you actually hear more than 2 or 3 songs by them or did you only hear what other people said about them? Because that song IS Slipknot. I don't know where this song is so much different from their others. They aren't "death metal" if you thought that.

And Corey Taylor (the singer of Slipknot, it's only one person who sings) is one of the best male voices in rock today, IMO.

Some examples:
Vermillion (live @ Rock am Ring 2009; their best song and the best live performance of it I have seen)
Vermillion part 2 (same lyrics, only acoustic which sounds awesome; oh, and Corey can't sing my ass :razz
Snuff (another awesome ballad)

And Stone Sour, Corey's other band:
Through Glass
Made Of Scars
Bother
I'm not really a fan of Slipknot, but yes, Corey Taylor is a very good singer imo.

More examples of awesome modern rock music:
A Perfect Circle
Aerogramme
Anathema
Ashes Divide (live, excuse the bad quality)
Billy Talent
Blood Red Shoes
Guano Apes
Isis
Nine Inch Nails, Mogwai, Sigur Rós (ok, maybe not so rock :razz, Red Sparowes, Yndi Halda, Muse, etc, etc, I could be here finding videos for the next few days, plus some of the ones mentioned already
-
(aviid) DELETED by SamH : AMB
Quote from ACCAkut :Maybe The Brian Jonestown Massacre is what your looking for. The started making music in the 90s, but it sounds as if made in the Vietnam war era, they have a particular oldish sounding style

Oldish sound yes, but for my taste too indie and too little hard rock
Quote from Shadowww :It is. Unlike techno, which isn't. Techno "music" is bunch of beats, and no way it's music.

I disagree, Chiptune which is considered a subgenre of techno is pretty much music that pays tribute to the 8-bit music of old video game systems. They are quite awesome for 8-bit game nostalgia (i.e. old mario) fans.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6612hD970
Quote from Gil07 :
Blood Red Shoes

awesome, someone else knows that band? I had the chance to see them live on the Hurricane, but my brothers prom was that night, well bad luck

Waitin fo their second album :yipee:
Unfortunately (or from what it sounds like, fortunately) the OP video is gone so I didn't get to see how awful it was. Music these days has it's ups and downs, but there are definitely still some good bands out there.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of indie stuff with odd lyrical presentations:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Wolf Parade

Usually I'm not crazy about the super-obscure indie scene stuff, but I fricken love both those bands.

The new Danger Mouse album is also awesome.

Some others that have been around but are still great:

Arctic Monkeys
Raconteurs
White Stripes
Franz Ferdinand
The Hives
Radiohead
I could go on forever...

Last but not least, Colin Meloy and his band The Decemberists have recently released an amazing rock-operaesque album called "Hazards of Love." If you liked "The Wall" and "Darkside of the Moon," and you also like Indie music... get this album NOW.

Edit: I forgot Kings of Leon, IMO on of the best rock outfits of the last few years. "Youth and Young Manhood" and "aha Shake Heartbreak" are two of my all-time favorite rock albums. Amazing stuff.

Seriously. What the hell? [rock music today]
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG