The online racing simulator
Seriously. What the hell? [rock music today]
(105 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :I thought it was an interesting mix of styles and a good attempt, from black metal to rock to power metal to gothic and electronic pop all thrown into one song.

I enjoy chocolate, ham, beer and mint, but I *know* without trying that it would be a bad idea to have them on one plate.
Reminds me of Xe-NONE. Only I nearly like them.
Quote from Bob Smith :Reminds me of Xe-NONE. Only I nearly like them.

i kinda liked the song that the thread once revolved around... but it wasnt the start or the end on the song.. something there in between was pretty good tbh.. but yeah.. the song sucked for the most

Thanks crashgate you killed my internet!
Muahahaha

Hilarious, Crashgate you're a star
Quote from theirishnoob :Metallica are shit - end off.

Of course they are. That's why they are one of the most successfully metal bands of all time (in fact one of the most successful bands of all time in any genre) and made arguably the best metal album ever.

They may not be the band they were, but they still sell out every tour they do without fail.

Obviously completely shit then.

Just because you don't like a band doesn't make them shit.

I think you're a moron. Doesn't make it true though.
#58 - 5haz
Quote from The Moose :Of course they are. That's why they are one of the most successfully metal bands of all time and made the best metal album ever.

Successful does not always equal good, then again successful does not always equal overrated and shit either.

Quote from The Moose :but they still sell out every tour they do without fail.

But I agree that wether something is shit is a matter of opinion, personally I think Metallica are naff too but thats because I have a tatse in music that many regard as shit.

Like you say that they made the best metal album ever, personally I think Black Sabbath Volume 4 is the best metal album ever (if you can call that metal), but then again thats just a matter of opinion.

There must be someone out there too who loves the kind of music in the OP.
Quote from The Moose :[snip]
I think you're a moron.

True that.

Btw, theirishnoobs listens to Britney Spears. Seriously.
#60 - 5haz
Quote from Shadowww :Btw, theirishnoobs listens to Britney Spears. Seriously.

Is that such a crime?
#61 - JJ72
Britney is the modern rock queen, she is a true anachist who sacrifices her own life to tell us the idiocracy and obnoxiousity of mass media.

Britney Spears forever.
Quote from JJ72 :Britney is the modern rock queen, she is a true anachist who sacrifices her own life to tell us the idiocracy and obnoxiousity of mass media.

Britney Spears forever.

Quote from 5haz :But the Killers are from the USA.

And they're pretty dire live as well I'm afraid.

Who said anything about the killers?

OHH, i see, i posted the wrong link, whoops! I meant this one..
The only way "good" and "The Fratellis" could be accurately put in to one sentence is as follows : Whilst it would have many disadvantages, The Fratellis are a good argument for rebuilding Hadrian's Wall.
#65 - JJ72
I know the day I have chosen to follow Spears I would be seen as an outcast, since her plan is so holistic, her irony so throurough, and her determination to devote herself till the very last minute so beyond believe. The casual world, except the inspired few who could see the light, will just be able to see her act as an unknowing witness.

But then, it's oh so beautiful......
Video has been removed by the user
#68 - 5haz
Quote from duke_toaster :The only way "good" and "The Fratellis" could be accurately put in to one sentence is as follows : Whilst it would have many disadvantages, The Fratellis are a good argument for rebuilding Hadrian's Wall.

They had one good song, the last song on their first album, apart from that...

And since then they've more or less faded away.
There's nothing wrong with today's rock music, tbh. There isn't more or less good music, it's just different than in the 70s.

There's plenty of it to be found if you actually search for it instead of whining how it doesn't exist.

For example:
Shinedown
Alter Bridge (epic song, IMO)
The Airborne Toxic Event
Slipknot (I guess most will disagree with that being good but still )
Hurt (this song is off one of the best albums of the 00's, IMO)
Placebo (another great album)
Five Finger Death Punch
Incubus
Submersed
Fair To Midland
Scars On Broadway
Queens Of The Stone Age
Serj Tankian
System Of A Down
Red
30 Seconds To Mars ("emo" but I don't care )
Three Days Grace (see above)
Breaking Benjamin (see above again )
Lacuna Coil
Tool
Muse
Apocalyptica
Evanescence
Godsmack
Foo Fighters
Staind
Stone Sour
Korn
Rammstein
Die Happy
The Gathering
Agua De Annique
Deftones
Within Temptation
Tenacious D
Paramore
Flyleaf
Kings Of Leon
Metallica

Everything from after 2000 and everything good to great (IMO).

I actually didn't intend to make such a long list but the bands just kept coming and coming.
Sorry, the soundtrack to a teenage girls movie does not count as Rock.
#71 - 5haz
But I only like a few out of that list, then again thats my opinion.
Simply a little. It's like getting a boner at school. The embarrassment..It hangs around. Not saying it's not "good" but yeah.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Simply a little. It's like getting a boner at school. The embarrassment..It hangs around. Not saying it's not "good" but yeah.

Are you saying you are embarassed for liking a certain band/singer? That would be stupid.

Why should you care about other people's opinion if you like it?

Seriously. What the hell? [rock music today]
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG