The online racing simulator
Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
Top Speed Test Track
Hi everyone
I was wondering if it is possible to make a track to test top speed of cars none of the supllied lfs track are long enough to get any car to top speed. ( top gear rev limmiter ). I want to make a track say 100km long just 1 big straight can i do that.
Thanks
No.
Thats BS!!!.
The game is called live for SPEED and yet lucky to get cars to 200mph on the tracks.
Take BF1 for spin...
just tesed the XF GTi down the drag it gets 103mph before it hits the wall. its got another 2100rpm in it before it hits the limiter.
I rekon we should get a track that we can limit all the cars just for somethin to do when board .
i would not think it would be hard to make a simple track just long and 4 corners.
#6 - pik_d
Just take the car to the oval or one of the big Aston tracks.
yeah i supose cars like the bf1 get some good speed but not the same.
its like the joy of taken your car out bush some were and geting it off the clock even though the car is not fast just feels good. The bf1 is a F1 car not somethin i would drive on the road :P
im yet to get any car to hit limiter in top gear on any track except the BF1 ( without moding gear ratio)
I don't know of many everyday road cars that can reach the rev limiter in top gear anyway.
Then either the car is aero limited or you're not getting a good exit out of the corner. Most good quality setups you find on setupgrid or setupfield will be rev-limited to a few MPH/KM/H over what you can do at the longest straight for whatever track they've been made for.

Each car has a top speed that they wont overcome no matter what you do to the gears, you can't gear a UF1 for 200MPH/320KM/H and expect it to make it, just like if you change the gear ratio for the BF1 to run out of steam at 100MPH/160KM/H you're artifically stunting it and it still has plenty in it.
yeah just think would be good though.
And with the comment about everyday cars hitting the limiter in top gear move to aus i drive a everyday holden commodore 3.8v6 stock just with rims and better suspention and there is a road in country 293km long no bumps no turns my car in 5th hits 236km/h and hits the limiter at 6550.
#12 - JJ72
oh great you do top speed runs on public roads, respect!
Quote from danthebangerboy :I don't know of many everyday road cars that can reach the rev limiter in top gear anyway.

Germany autobahn you can do that no probelmos
Quote from deiwisxxx :Germany autobahn you can do that no probelmos

Fail.

He means that the majority of cars run out of steam because of drag rather than running out of revs.
Quote from deiwisxxx :Germany autobahn you can do that no probelmos

Quote from J@tko :Fail.

He means that the majority of cars run out of steam because of drag rather than running out of revs.

What? Fail x2. The country you drive in has nothing to do with drag...
Quote from hyntty :What? Fail x2. The country you drive in has nothing to do with drag...

What other countries have Autobahns...?
J@tko has got it in one!

I suppose if you could find a dead straight, smooth, and flat area, such as an airfield that is like 15 miles long then you may be able to do it eventually, but you would literally need miles and miles to get those last few rpm.

That is also presuming that your engine does not explode into a fiery ball of fail while being held flat to the floor for mile after mile.

Oh yeah, and lol at the others for confusing the wind resistance sort of drag with the drag racing sort of drag.
Quote from SAEZYPC :im yet to get any car to hit limiter in top gear on any track except the BF1 ( without moding gear ratio)

Then change your gear settings. You will be hitting the revlimiter easy on the blackwood straight.
Yes, if you horrifically shorten the gear ratios then of course you can hit the limiter, but then top gear will run out of revs too early, i can make an rb4 redline in 5th gear at 20mph if i wanted to, which is pretty pointless.

I think the point here is finding how fast a car can actually get to in top gear with the ratios as they should be.
Quote from SAEZYPC :yeah just think would be good though.
And with the comment about everyday cars hitting the limiter in top gear move to aus i drive a everyday holden commodore 3.8v6 stock just with rims and better suspention and there is a road in country 293km long no bumps no turns my car in 5th hits 236km/h and hits the limiter at 6550.

At this point, some of us are asking ourselves how much smaller your wheel diameter has become after you plopped other rims on it.

edit: Also, what good would this topspeed track do? I fail to see anything useful coming from driving along a straight line for 100 km. Unless you actually need to be at the other end.
Hmmm.... a REALLY long dragstrip would be cool. Kinda like a moving dyno test. maybe a loopty loop or so... a few turbo jumps... why not?
Quote from danthebangerboy :Yes, if you horrifically shorten the gear ratios then of course you can hit the limiter, but then top gear will run out of revs too early, i can make an rb4 redline in 5th gear at 20mph if i wanted to, which is pretty pointless.

I think the point here is finding how fast a car can actually get to in top gear with the ratios as they should be.

That was my point. It's pretty pointless to setup the car for highest topspeed in a straight line too.
Just crash the car,so it will turn to the roof and test it. lol
You can hardly find a "long enough" straight line in real life. Instead, what's real is a B-I-G oval, much bigger than what we have now. The angle increas from inside to outside, so the test driver can always find a balanced point.
What's the point? You would test the top speed once and then the track would be forgotten.

Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG