The online racing simulator
Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
This has beighn sugested so many times that not even my computer can calculate that number
This guy's asking about LFS not real life, i'm sure having a simple dyno would be great for checking top speed and even more info if the devs put enough into it.
Why would you want that though?

The cars are performance limited, you cannot upgrade or change the engine performance of them (aside from changing the intake restriction). Also, it tells you the HP and torque on the menu, so you don't really need a dyno.

To the OP, pointless suggestion - been said many many times and would be a waste of time and resources.
Dyno would be equally pointless. As mcintyrej said, you can already see the power and torque.
Quote from mcintyrej :

To the OP, pointless suggestion - been said many many times and would be a waste of time and resources.

no offense, you are actually right, it is waste of resources, but do not say it would not be a fun of speeds!!!
Whats the point of trying to reach big speed as posible in game? Try real life, you will be happy by reaching 50 kmh . Wana loads of stupid tracks? try rFactor, you will be able to create tracks long as you want
instead of making a new track just flip your car and gas it and then you can get the top speed in less than 5 seconds
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :no offense, you are actually right, it is waste of resources, but do not say it would not be a fun of speeds!!!

Nothing more exciting than holding the throttle down with no steering input required...
I think you guys are missing something here. If this long stretch was also wide enough think of the potential for custom layouts. You could create quite large auto-x layouts, even to the size of being an actual track (though completely flat).
That wasn't what he was wanting, but sure, I would take a monster sized autoX. Add an area to make an offroad section as well....
Quote from PMD9409 :That wasn't what he was wanting, but sure, I would take a monster sized autoX. Add an area to make an offroad section as well....

Yes, but it's easier to find things other people want that co-exist with your original idea than it is to convince them to like your idea.
Quote from PMD9409 :Nothing more exciting than holding the throttle down with no steering input required...

then let's make some corners as in Aston National, but scaled like 4 times bigger
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :then let's make some corners as in Aston National, but scaled like 4 times bigger

Now THAT would be a waste of dev time right there.

BTW, I wouldn't mind a patch of tarmac that's long, as long as it is wide enough to make good layouts on (would need more objects).

This and an airport track has been mentioned countless times, and both will probably never make it into the sim.
You know I was actually thinking of "actual size Top Gear test track" when I made my post in this thread before.
Quote from PMD9409 :and both will probably never make it into the sim.

And nothing ever does...
Quote from pik_d :You know I was actually thinking of "actual size Top Gear test track" when I made my post in this thread before.

I saw that when reading the title too. And that would be really awesome, it exists for rFactor and GTR, and it's a really challenging track and would frankly be an awesome addition
AFAIK the track is designed by Lotus engineers for testing different things in the cars - the flat-out corner before the tyres tests high-speed cornering and aerodynamics. Remember the Bugatti Veyron had trouble, and had a special spoiler made? That was because of that corner as I remember.
You mean the Koenigsegg CCX.
I've had over 140 out of the tbo's on the aston straight and i even managed to get an fzr to 181mph (IT WILL GO FASTER)
are you sure this "suggestion" of his has nothing to do with TWEAK?
Quote from matseracer :are you sure this "suggestion" of his has nothing to do with TWEAK?

Well, getting your car to 999 kph is fun for about the 3 seconds it takes to get there :P
Well its not necessarily that..see i have the tweaks for LFS and i wanna see how long it would take for my cars to reach that top speed instead of flipping over and do it..like a 2 or 3 mile drag strip or something you know
Quote from CasseBent :what good would this topspeed track do?

Some fraction of LFS player population would have fun with it. A most dreadful prospect.
This conversation sucks
Just duplicate the dragstrip to make it 3 or 4 miles long, that'd do everyone fine. It'd be good for testing tweaked cars, too.
Anyone ever played 4x4 Evo ? When you reach the edge of the map you teleport to the other side. (without losing speed)

Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG