The online racing simulator
Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
Quote from Keling :Anyone ever played 4x4 Evo ? When you reach the edge of the map you teleport to the other side. (without losing speed)

Portal 3, we need cars...
Or just make a round world of 5 miles.
^--- Previous Comment - that would be entertaining
Yeah it would be useful to make a 1 or a 1 and a half mile track so we can take our mod cars and see how fast they go and how long it takes to get it there without fliping it over..i have a Audi R8 for the FZ5 with the tweak and im doing about 175-180 mph before i hit the wall and im only in 5th gear and i have a whole nother gear to use
See? It would be useful to add another mile or so to top out our cars for LFS
Attached images
LFS0001.JPG
See? How do u have an FZ5 on AU3/4 as a demo user?!?!
Quote from Wilford :Yeah it would be useful to make a 1 or a 1 and a half mile track so we can take our mod cars and see how fast they go and how long it takes to get it there without fliping it over..i have a Audi R8 for the FZ5 with the tweak and im doing about 175-180 mph before i hit the wall and im only in 5th gear and i have a whole nother gear to use

Goodbye
A dead straight high speed road would get very boring very quickly but if you could make it into some kind of circuit then it has the possibility of being fun.

Here's my idea:

A highway like course with variations of curves with no or very small road camber, nothing a TBO couldn't take at under 200km/h, with at least one section being 3-4km long without having to brake, at each end of the speed sections have a hairpin or two 90 degree bends which would be 60-90km/h corners, the total length of the track being 12-18km per lap with various shortened configurations available. The environment of the track does not have to be overly complex in detail, perhaps a few farm houses and windmills which follow a Netherlands like theme.

Keeping a varying track width of 2-4 lanes I think that this could make for some very fun and interesting high speed racing which would require skillful drafting while still having to maintain good driving line and braking points.
Excellent idea.
Quote from FPVaaron :The environment of the track does not have to be overly complex in detail, perhaps a few farm houses and windmills which follow a Netherlands like theme.

It wouldn't have to be, but it would help sense of speed. At least a few sections as crowded as Le Mans or Solitude would work.

And you could have the pits at some elevation above the track so you're up to speed or nearer to it right out of the box, with e.g. switchback-ish entry on the other end.
Quote from Wilford :See? It would be useful to add another mile or so to top out our cars for LFS

:tempted:
Reason why people may smell burnt banana's...

:bananadea
I have stuff to get the tracks and the cars..but anyways yeah it would be great for a longer piece of road with some stuff to the side for the scenery because i wanna max out my moded cars
Quote from Wilford :I have stuff to get the tracks and the cars

You mean like a license?
Quote from FPVaaron :Here's my idea:

A highway like course with variations of curves with no or very small road camber,

It could even be an extension of South City, there's already some stretches of highway there to build from.
very nice idea
Quote from Storm_Cloud :You mean like a license?

If he had a license there'd be an "S2 Licensed" tag on his account, foolish kid
The simplest thing would be to make Tallegate (wrong spelled) or Daytona in LFS, then you could test your top speed AND have some good races
Quote from The Very End :Tallegate (wrong spelled)

Talladega?

Some uber-tweaked cars can't turn at all, so that wouldn't help.
But the normal LFS cars should have no problems completing that track or?
Quote from The Very End :But the normal LFS cars should have no problems completing that track or?

I believe all those "unlimited length track" suggestions come from people who want to test their 300000 hp 12L V12 XRG's with tires higher than the car itself. :3
Screw them then I just want to test out how fast the current LFS cars can go

Top Speed Test Track
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG