The online racing simulator
Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
You could make one using Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), we got some parts made about similar size to a model car for around €60. It's made from powdered nylon sintered together and it's pretty tough. The company we used in the UK was called 3TRPD, you can just send them a common 3D file format and they'll make it for you, it's pretty cool.
Quote from anttt69 :ive been speaking to a Spanish manufacturer & its looking quite doable.
I have been quoted 22euro a piece for a slot car sized body of our choice, but chassis & wheels will be extra.

So for around 30 euro a pop we may be able to have our very own models of lfs cars. im wondering if the bodies will fit on existing slot car chassis.

That would be cool LFS scalextric. Imagine 6 sets each with all pieces to make all track layouts. The cars could be:
Blackwood - XFG,XRG,FBM
Aston-FZR,XRR,FXR
Westhill-XFR,UFR,FZ5
Kyoto,RB4,XRT,FXO
South city-LX4,LX6,RAC
Fernbay-UF1,VWS,MRT

Seperate cars-FBM,FOX,FO8
It would be a dream to be able to race LFS cars on a Scalextric track but realistically there is a limited appeal amongst the public for anything that doesn't appear on mainstream TV or film regularly (i.e. F1 cars, stuff from Top Gear, James Bond films etc.) - your average Scalextric buyer looks for Porsches and Ferraris, not fictional cars (except that, Scalextric are producing a "Micro" set for the Disney Pixar Cars Film and have done similar for Transformers in the past). Only a very few of us (relatively speaking) would be interested in buying LFS cars or sets but you'd still have to get a decent quantity made. Other racing simulators that have modelled more real-life cars would be in a better position I reckon. Having said that there is a Scalextric set due out shortly with NFS cars in it and an NFS game unlock code for exclusive in-game skins. So there is perhaps starting to be some cross-fertilisation between slot cars and video gaming.
Quote from Tomas Miranda :I could ask you which manufacter was? I just would like to visit the website :P

www.a2mweb.com
There finished examples dont look all that good tbh, painting (air brushing)skills
needed.

Quote from sgb27 : The company we used in the UK was called 3TRPD, you can just send them a common 3D file format and they'll make it for you, it's pretty cool.

Maybe you could ask them for a price on a small production run?
say 50 - 100 units.
i would LOVE to have a model FZ5!! or uf1, or xfg, or xrg, or lx4 or lx6 or rb4 or xrt or fxo or rac or ufr or xfr or xrr or fxr or fzr or mrt5 or fbm or fox or f08 or bf1 or, wait, did i just ist every car in the sim?

EDIT: by the way, Luke. S, i'd get the aston pack.
Now that I think of it, I've seen several high end RC cars that have bodies looking a little bit like the cars in LFS. Of course, they aren't the actual models.

I believe I saw one in particular, an older RX7 to look like a XRG/XRT, as well as 350Z's.

They are quite hefty in the price range though. I'll see if I can't get my old system working tomorrow and pull out some of the bookmarks.

Of course you'd have to paint them yourself and getting all the components to make it operable will cost a VERY pretty penny.
i think your talking bout the hotworks bodies ?

had a talk with my mate who runs a body shop and he said he could paint and vinyl a car up like the ukct skin
I have actually managed to make some headway with Proline who make RC car bodies.
They have asked me to send in 3D renders, CAD files etc of my ideas (LFS cars) & they will forward them to the appropriate people.

So i thought it would be a good idea to find out peoples favorites & choose a top two from the LFS garage.

If you could buy a model replica of an LFS car & paint it in your team/own colours which car would you choose??

Please pick your top two.
Rb4 + xfr
MRT5 + RB4

a
Which moron ever bought a scaled model car anyway?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Which moron ever bought a scaled model car anyway?

Which moron would ever make such a useless post anyway?
I do, got a problem with it?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I do, got a problem with it?

As big of a problem as you have with "morons" who buy scaled model cars.
Great! seek for more attention. Maybe those morons that buy scaled models will get you some votes.

E: fixed..
Xrt + fxo
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Great! seek for more attention. Maybe those morons that buy scaled models will get some votes for you.

I wasn't the one insulting a whole group of people.

No idea what you want to say with that anyway. Make sense, please.
Quote from zeugnimod :I wasn't the one insulting a whole group of people.

No idea what you want to say with that anyway. Make sense, please.

And your the crimefighter?
Rapid Prototyping ... 3d Printer:

http://www.zcorp.com/en/Produc ... s/ZPrinter-650/spage.aspx

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 1p9Wc&feature=related

Uses a binder to build up layers of powder. It has ink cartridges that color the parts as it builds them.
It's a cheap material as well compared to SLA.

Here is a local company (Orlando) that has a Z Corp printer:
http://www.mydeatechnologies.com/zcorp2.html

Someone could get a price idea (using their "I.Q." system on the website) using lenght/width/height of build space needed plus the volume of the desired vehicle. ... or upload an STL file.

jus sayin'...

(I've been reading/lurking for a while, but just realized this is my first post ... I have no affiliation with Mydea, they are just a local place I know of. Hundreds of places out there with 3D Printers)
Quote from Takumi_lfs :And your the crimefighter?

I'm the one getting really tired now of always the same group of people going around and posting some off-topic crap or other rude and immature nonsense in every second or third thread.
Just don't feed the troll. Every time people stopped feeding them in other threads I've seen, they get more pissed off as time passes, then over step regulations or attack a mod and get banned.
well i dont have specifics but tbh the mrt or the single seaters couldnt be turne into generic rc car bodies, the fxr would make a good one and so would th fz5 i think tbh, cos if they appeal to those outside lfs too there is more chance of them being produced
Quote from anttt69 :I have actually managed to make some headway with Proline who make RC car bodies.
They have asked me to send in 3D renders, CAD files etc of my ideas (LFS cars) & they will forward them to the appropriate people.

So i thought it would be a good idea to find out peoples favorites & choose a top two from the LFS garage.

If you could buy a model replica of an LFS car & paint it in your team/own colours which car would you choose??

Please pick your top two.

FXO and XFG.
XRR and XRT

EDIT - i am interested in buying one for? Max - 60pounds.
I'd buy one or two, depends on how much they are going to be and if they come in a fancy box

I'll pick the FZR and FOX

Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG