The online racing simulator
draw driver/wheel
(11 posts, started )
#1 - steve
draw driver/wheel
I use the custom external 2 view, and I would like to have the wheel and drivers arms turned off, I dont like the normal incar view because its to far back for my liking, but that seems to be the only way to turn off arms and wheel. Can I turn them off in custom view? or is there something im missing here? thanks
Attached images
clp99.jpg
clp100.jpg
Have you tried using keys "5" and "6" to get a better view.
#3 - ajp71
^^ Yep, looks like you should lower your FOV in the in car view.
#4 - steve
Sorry guys, but I wasnt having an issue with FOV. Anything lower than 105 looks like poo on a widescreen LCD.
I have this same problem, I like to use a custom view but I can't find a way to use the custom views and have the drivers arms turned off...

Also in the Formula XR I like a view which is lower down and moved forward, but when set like this none of the graphic effects like tyre marks or smoke are visable through the little windshield... You can see them OK above it, but behind the 2" high glass they all dissapear.

I know this is a small thing, I just mention it because it's something I only noticed today.
Indeed, I have been waiting for this since the first S2 alpha. I am simply unable to get a comfortable view from most of the cars.
Quote from steve :Sorry guys, but I wasnt having an issue with FOV. Anything lower than 105 looks like poo on a widescreen LCD.

Well, if you want to be further forward in the car, you're going to see a narrower FOV. How do you expect to move forward, yet still retain a wide field of view?
Quote from DarkTimes :but behind the 2" high glass they all dissapear.

Yea, I noticed when I was making a fast AUTOx course that many things disappear when viewed through the glass. (things that move disappear after being touched like tyres, hay bails, cones, etc)
Quote from Cue-Ball :Well, if you want to be further forward in the car, you're going to see a narrower FOV. How do you expect to move forward, yet still retain a wide field of view?

Um, if I move my head forward while sitting in my car, my field of view doesn't magically become narrower illepall

Perhaps you mean to subtly imply that it's not realistic to move the in-car point of view in LFS, in which case I strongly disagree for reasons I cannot be bothered to explain.
Quote from MAGGOT :Yea, I noticed when I was making a fast AUTOx course that many things disappear when viewed through the glass. (things that move disappear after being touched like tyres, hay bails, cones, etc)

Yeah, I've noticed bigger things disappearing too occasionally, in a multiplayer race at AS Nat you could not see the tyre barrier at the final chicane through the glass... which caused me to hit it and spin off into the wall.
Quote from steve :I use the custom external 2 view, and I would like to have the wheel and drivers arms turned off, I dont like the normal incar view because its to far back for my liking, but that seems to be the only way to turn off arms and wheel. Can I turn them off in custom view? or is there something im missing here? thanks

I use the same view, it gives you more options of placing yourself in the right position in the car. In my case I set my (virtual eyes) inside the drivers helmet. Seems to work for every car. This might be another option in views? I too would like to be able to turn the drivers arms and wheel off.

I would also like to see the option to have just the virtual mirror. As it is now mirrors options are... off / real / real + virtual.

draw driver/wheel
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG