The online racing simulator
Force Feedback.
(40 posts, started )
Force Feedback.
How many of you people use FFB? and what % do you put ya's FFB on?

KJD.
I use 101% in the profiler, and around 30% to 60% in-game depending on the car or how hard i want the wheel to fight.
I use 100% on profiler (G25) and abuot 50% in-game. It's better to have force feedback on, it feels much more realistic.
I find it A LOT harder to drive with it on, its like it controls it for me, its really stiff to turn also.

KJD.
Which wheel do you use? And the more degrees of rotation you have, the more precise and smooth the FFB is.
I use the Logitech Driving Force GT

KJD.
You need to turn down the FFB in game (but keep 101% in Windows' Control Panel) so that the FFB gives feedback and information, without becoming too hard to turn. You will also find that the castor car setup option will help - less castor will ease the wheel torque required (but may also have an influence on how the car handles, so don't just adjust willy-nilly).
Quote from tristancliffe :You need to turn down the FFB in game (but keep 101% in Windows' Control Panel) so that the FFB gives feedback and information, without becoming too hard to turn. You will also find that the castor car setup option will help - less castor will ease the wheel torque required (but may also have an influence on how the car handles, so don't just adjust willy-nilly).

I think that caster adjusting (if you menat caster) is not possible anymore.
#9 - Byku
It is possible on SOME cars . RAC for example
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think in the latest G25 drivers they fixed that bug that required you to use 101% in the profiler instead of 100%.

And I use about 30% ingame and 100% in profiler. Feels about the same as my car's power steering. Maybe a bit less than real, but hey the G25 wheel is smaller than a real one as well.
With G25 - 101% in profiler because I don't feel like testing if the 100% bug is fixed, and 30 ingame currently.. More ingame is too strong, especially when cornering hard in formula cars.
Quote from Flame CZE :I think that caster adjusting (if you menat caster) is not possible anymore.

It certainly is possible, but not on all cars.
Yes, I meant caster
Quote from JasonJ :Correct me if I am wrong, but I think in the latest G25 drivers they fixed that bug that required you to use 101% in the profiler instead of 100%.

Yep I think they fixed it with 5.02.
My settings:
Overall: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 0%
Centering spring: 0%
Ingame: 100%
Quote from morpha :Yep I think they fixed it with 5.02.
My settings:
Overall: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 0%
Centering spring: 0%
Ingame: 100%

Wow 100 ingame That's really hard.
Quote from RasmusL :Wow 100 ingame That's really hard.

True, made some muscles in my arms develop more than others which looks a bit weird sometimes
i have a problem, i can't get force feedback in LFS. i've just started using my DFP, and i even tried setting the FFB to 200%, but still nothing. does anyone know where i'm going wrong?

ta, Oli
Quote from oli17 :i have a problem, i can't get force feedback in LFS. i've just started using my DFP, and i even tried setting the FFB to 200%, but still nothing. does anyone know where i'm going wrong?

ta, Oli

Maybe you're too strong.
In controls -> axes/FF did you set forcefeedback to on?
fixed. i didn't know where to download profiler :P

however, how many degrees of rotation do i need for cars? when i use 900 it seems like way too much. also, it's really hard to steer with even 30% in game, i use 15 lol
I set 900 in the profiler and 900 in LFS, then wheel turn compensation should be 1.0. This matches your wheel turn to the in-game one, so formula cars will not have a wheel turn of 900 degrees, but only 180 or how much they have.

30 isn't so hard on most cars IMO Maybe a bit in BF1 going high speed
100 in both the profiler and in-game feels like an old car without servo really :auto:
thanks, i'll try that out this evening. so you're saying if i set everything to 900 and compensation to 1.0, then it'll be how it's supposed to be for every car, and not always 900?

thanks
101% in Profiler, 80% in-game.
105% in Profiler and 50 in-game

Force Feedback.
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG