The online racing simulator
Does god exist?
(99 posts, started )

Poll : Does religion exist? Or, do you belive in something?

No
Yes
Quote from batteryy :that poll fails, everyone have to say yes. religion is beliving into something(IMO) and those who dont belive in god or that, belive that there isnt any god so they have their own beliving AKA religion. kinda hard to explain tho

Not hard to explain at all.

It is a fact that religion exists. Or are you denying the existence of Christianity etc.?
No.
Quote :"i refuse to prove that i exist, for proof denies faith, and without faith i am nothing."

:d
I belive there is a god, but im not mad about religion its all very coltish to me. Essentially all religions are the same with small details changed, hell even the simpsons says that.
I saw the last part of that episode first (where the christian woman was going nuts at home) and I had to see what led up to her reaction . Watching on the internet, the whole show turned out to be fairly interesting portrayal of the two womens abilities to respond to social changes... Hardline evangelical christian mindset mum scored 0 points and then went into total meltdown mode towards the end of the show- the new agey mom fared much better. As much as I hate new age stuff, it's obviously a much better choice in terms of being able to get along with the neighbours.
I love how our views on something as complex as religion and spirituality are being summed up with a yes no poll question And if the question is actually 'does religion exist?', then regardless of your views, the answer is yes. :P
There is a god.

He is named Steve Jobs.

</thread>
Quote from Michael Denham :I love how our views on something as complex as religion and spirituality are being summed up with a yes no poll question And if the question is actually 'does religion exist?', then regardless of your views, the answer is yes. :P

Was thinking the same lol. Religion obviously exists wether you like it or not.

If you're asking if there is a God, I believe in God, yes.
in our imaginations he does.
idk, Maybe.

they do exist if you belive in it... something that i kinda dont right now... im still young and deciding wether to belive or not.

God is the same, he just has diffrent names. and because of that there is the religion wars, etc... wich i find uber stupid.

if u dont agree with me, well i dont care. you can shoot at me all u want, this is only a forum.
Quote from Michael Denham :I love how our views on something as complex as religion and spirituality are being summed up with a yes no poll question

Humans are good at that. Look at what we've been able to do with the simple method of speech.

Do I believe in God? I don't know, I can't tell you. But I do believe that there is more to the universe than the things we see, touch and smell. Be it a higher power (God), or some kind of new elemental entity that we have yet to name or quantify, but be it what it may, there is something out there affecting all of us on a level that we don't realize.
#37 - CSU1
Quote from MadCat360 :Do I believe in God? I don't know, I can't tell you. But I do believe that there is more to the universe than the things we see, touch and smell. Be it a higher power (God), or some kind of new elemental entity that we have yet to name or quantify, but be it what it may, there is something out there affecting all of us on a level that we don't realize.

Esattamente!
Quote from MadCat360 :
Do I believe in God? I don't know, I can't tell you. But I do believe that there is more to the universe than the things we see, touch and smell. Be it a higher power (God), or some kind of new elemental entity that we have yet to name or quantify, but be it what it may, there is something out there affecting all of us on a level that we don't realize.

I might formulate that stronger: I suspect with such a high probability that I'd rather use the word "know" there is more in the universe than we have the ability to percieve at the moment. In fact, I do think that at the moment were actually quite far from understanding even the very basics of it, because we lack the sensory organs (or instruments), the tools and brain capacity to do so. We might one day evolve into beings who are able to get a grasp of the universe, but it won't happen anytime soon. I think that even "within millennia" would be a very optimistic prospect of that. Actually, I think the chance is higher for us to wipe oursleves from this planet than even scratching the surface of understanding the universe.

But do I get religious because of it? hell no :P
Your poll is misleading. The thread title is "does god exist," to which the answer is yes. (As you have god all in lowercase, you are inquiring about the existance of a deity, or object someone worships as a deity, and many people do. If you had capitolized god, to be God, then the answer would most likely be no.) However, the poll asks if religion exists, which it most certainly does.
God, no. gods, depending on how you define them, yes. Religion, yes.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

Pretty much sums it up. There is no God. No magic man in the sky who created everything in just under a week.

Religion on the other hand certainly exists, although the world would be a far better place if it didn't as in the grand scheme of things, it only causes war, death and segregation.

I'm sick of having religion shoved in my face by those who are religious. I personally think Roast Beef Monster Munch > God, but you don't see me running around insisting everyone convert to them from Wotsits.

Few more quotes which sums up my thoughts;

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

"The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence."
- Abu'l-Ala-Al-Ma'ar

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry
This thread is fail from to beginning. Why bother?
"Religious debate" is an oxymoron. I believe something, you believe something and we are very unlikely to change our beliefs on the basis of a debate with someone who has contrary beliefs. I believe the only way someone can change their beliefs is through thinking for themselves. So, this thread isn't likely to change anyone's beliefs watching a "religious debate" can sometimes be fun.

My thoughts:

Humans have always been curious about their surroundings. Ancient civilisations have explored and mapped their regions. Later on explorers took it upon themselves to cross the oceans to find new lands. This curiosity wasn't just limited to the land though...people looked up and saw the sun, the moon and the stars. They wondered what they were and why they were there. They attributed the objects to "Sun Gods". It's this curiosity in the face of a lack of evidence that I think led to mankind inventing God as some people know it. The story of Jesus dying and rising again after 3 days is based on astrological events, for example, and it's a common theme in other religions. Some people also can't cope with the idea that our time on earth is 'all' our life is going to be. They are comforted by the thought that once they die they will live on forever somehow. I don't believe this myself, but if some people are comforted by this then I don't care what they think. People should be allowed to believe what they want and as long as they don't force their beliefs on other people or harm other people then they can believe what they want.

So, I voted no. I don't believe any God exists.
#44 - Osco
Voted No. Seen too much shit happening around me to believe there is such a thing as a god. If there was and he seems to enjoy aforementioned shit happening to people, he can go f*ck himself
Poll is flawed, it doesn't include any agnostic position (I don't know).

Thus, I don't vote.
Quote from Syfoon :Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

Good and evil are notions completely created by humans.
Quote from MadCat360 :Good and evil are notions completely created by humans.

God is created completely in the brains of humans.
Quote from zeugnimod :God is created completely in the brains of humans.

There is no proof for or against a higher power of some kind.
Quote from zeugnimod :God is created completely in the brains of humans.

+1

It was the humans who wrote all existant bibles and everything.. so why bother reading and following it? It's just not worth the time it takes. Even if I had a second full life free to waste, I wouldn't follow any religion or belive in any god.

Does god exist?
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG