The online racing simulator
Oh ye, the bored lady asked me to do an eye test...

read these

W E E W E W

Uhm okay... passed
#27 - Jakg
Quote from J@tko :16 and a bit for provisional no?

You can drive a moped at 16 or a car at 16 if your disabled (yes I know wtf).

So you can apply for the provisional a little early to let it turn up on time...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Woah...

Theory Exam - €30
Medical - €30
Eye Test - €40
Provisional - €10
Practical Test - €75
Lessons - €~100, optional though...

Definitely worth it though

$110 for your G1 & G2 here (provided you pass everything first try, fee for more attempts). I forgot how much the G test is...

and then driving school.. jesus.. Mine was $980 I think.
30$ for L test
55$ for N Test

Lessons are optional too. It's cheap as hell
I don't know the exact age requirements, but in Hungary if you are not at least 18 years old you have to have your parents approval to start learning theory.

When you finished the theory course there is a test which has questions about traffic rules, signs and some basic questions about car maintanence.
If you successfully take the theory test you can go on to the first part of car driving.

This is 10 hours of basic car control and U-turn, parallel parking, slalom etc. in a closed test track.
After this 10 hours there is another test which consists of two parts.
Before you can get in the car you have to check the wheels, brakes, steering and lights and you may have to check fluid levels too and answer some questions about cars. Then you can get in the car and show that you can drive it and you are capable of doing the above mentioned tasks like paralell parking and so on.

When you passed this exam too you can start the last stage of the learning, 20 hours driving in the city with the driving instructor.
The test starts with the usual car checking then you head to the city.
You drive for 35-40 minutes then return to the starting point.

A medical aid exam is needed too, you can do it anytime you want but you need it to get your driving license.

You can only learn driving in traffic with an instructor in his car or you will be banned for a year if a cop catches you.
#31 - Jakg
Question - Do you have Roundabouts in America? (might be a stupid question!)
Quote from Jakg :Question - Do you have Roundabouts in America? (might be a stupid question!)

In Canadia-land there's... about 4 or 5 that I know of on the island.

(in fact, in our driving manual, there's a distinction from a "traffic circle" (single lane roundabout), and a roundabout (multi-lane roundabout), and teaches us the proper driving methods for each.)
Plus if you were a tw*t, like i was, and managed to get banned within about 18 months of passing, you have to do everything again, lessons, theory, practical, all of it. And you get to have someone else as well as the examiner in the car with you who sits in the back and moniters your driving when you do the practical re-test , a traffic cop.

I sh*t myself x1000 more on my retest than when i first did my test befor the ban because of that, and failed it the first time for being overly hesitent, i wonder why!
Quote from Jakg :Passed both my theory and test first time - go me. I've got a friend who failed his test twice though...

A friend of mine passed on her sixth try.
The cost you people are posting is unreal! Seems nothing but a money making scam. I don't remember it costing anything way back when I got my license. Maybe $6 or something to receive the actual permit and something similar for them to send you the actual license after passing the driver's exam. The cost of the test was nothing, nor were we required to take lessons (still like that, it says on the website lessons are recommended.)

I know for sure that a motorcycle permit cost $7 just a few years ago. I don't know too many who actually get their M license. Most just renew the permit every year. You can get training through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (maybe it's Association), which is free. Upon "passing", you automatically get your motorcycle endorsement on your license.
Quote from mrodgers :It's been 20+ years......

Back then in my state, you turned 16*, you took a written exam to obtain a learner's permit. It was stupidly easy on road rules and signage. You did not have to post anything on your car, you had a permit in your pocket.

You are allowed to drive with a licensed driver age 21 or over. You can drive as much or as little as you want.

You take a driving test to obtain a license, otherwise called a "Cinderella license" around here because you are not allowed to drive between midnight and 5 am (maybe 6 am). I said above you can drive as much or as little as you want because once passing the written test, you can take the driving test any time you want. The next day if it suits you.

When you turn 18, your "Cinderella license" expires and you have complete free will.

* If you could push your mother's car out of the driveway and down the road before starting it when they are asleep, you could drive when you were 14

As per the state of Pennsylvania, That is mostly true today still.

Once you have your permit (age 16), you can drive with ANY licensed driver over 21, and you're restricted to drive between 5 AM and 11 PM IIRC. This is for 6 months.

Once the 6 month period is over, they request you have 40 hours driving time in daylight, and 10 hours of driving time in night, but you can still take the driving exam without all that.

If you pass, you get a junior license. I don't remember any time restrictions, but the junior status is for 2 years. After that, you are a full fledged licensed driver.

Something I don't get is that the junior restriction is for 2 years, but the licensed it's self is good for 4 I believe...
Quote from mrodgers :The cost you people are posting is unreal! Seems nothing but a money making scam. I don't remember it costing anything way back when I got my license. Maybe $6 or something to receive the actual permit and something similar for them to send you the actual license after passing the driver's exam. The cost of the test was nothing, nor were we required to take lessons (still like that, it says on the website lessons are recommended.)

I know for sure that a motorcycle permit cost $7 just a few years ago. I don't know too many who actually get their M license. Most just renew the permit every year. You can get training through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (maybe it's Association), which is free. Upon "passing", you automatically get your motorcycle endorsement on your license.

i got lessons off family and friends, got great at driving, done the theory and walked it, will do 1 lesson to ensure all bad driving habits are eliminated then do the full, and pass that.

People build up tests to be Epic quests of magic endeavor...

you either pass or you don't... some people are simply great drivers, some aren't but practice makes perfect i guess.
let me get this straight lol, you bought a 180sx for track use and you have never driven a car up untill a Van... christ
200sx, learn to read.
Oh it's currently a WIP so keep those noobish comments to you Mr R34
Everyone needs to start somewere and I'm not one of those who has been driving from it's 10th...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :...

Have an "N" (Novice) licence for 5 years where you are allowed to have family members + 1 non-family member ...

dude... that is 2 years.....

im goin for the L in october...
Quote from el pibe :dude... that is 2 years.....

im goin for the L in october...

I dunno, I was just going off my licence, which expires in 5...
I don't remember the cost for my permit, but I remember it was about $36 for my license. Got it my second try in August of '03.

I'm not sure about main roads, but the Lycoming Mall just put in a small round a bout in of a the roads coming in and out of the lot. Honestly, it confused the hell out of me when I got into it... I don't think many people in my part of the state at least would know how to navigate one... Then again, the people in my town are retarded as hell...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Woah...

Theory Exam - €30
Medical - €30
Eye Test - €40
Provisional - €10
Practical Test - €75
Lessons - €~100, optional though...

Definitely worth it though

Come again? That's cheap over there o_O

Provisional Licence - £50 (was £45)
Medical - n/a... didn't have one
Eye Test - n/a... part of the practical
Theory Test - £30 (£31 now as of 31st March' 09)
Practical Test - £56.60 (£62 weekday as of 31st March '09) - £62.50 (£75 Weekend as of 31st March '09)
Lessons - £19 - £26 an hour depending on driving school.... I spent 6 months driving and spent around £800 on lessons

Glad I passed my test before March... I wouldn't even bother with a licence otherwise.
Quote from ACCAkut : you won't get everything under 400€ here today

i had to pay over 1k € for my license..
really expensive to make a license here
Quote from R34king :let me get this straight lol, you bought a 180sx for track use and you have never driven a car up untill a Van... christ

+1 btw

sorry for double
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :... according to my old man you should do 1 hour with an instructor for every year old you are.

So, if you're 5 years old, you only need 5 hours of lessons, but if you're 20 then you need 4 times that amount? Ita-makea-no-sensa.
I paid about 600€ for mine IIRC, including the mandatory lessons
Quote from mrodgers :The cost you people are posting is unreal! Seems nothing but a money making scam. I don't remember it costing anything way back when I got my license. Maybe $6 or something to receive the actual permit and something similar for them to send you the actual license after passing the driver's exam. The cost of the test was nothing, nor were we required to take lessons (still like that, it says on the website lessons are recommended.)

In the Netherlands, one is not allowed to drive, unless one has a drivers licence, or a qualified instructor on the passenger seat. You're not allowed to practice outside those driving lessons. That makes everything quite costly. I took 23 lessons, €38 each. The theory test costs €35. The actual driving test costs €185 (yes, €185 :schwitz. It all comes to a total of just under €1100. And I was a great student. The average amount of lessons taken is about 35 to 40.

edit: And when you're in town hall to pick up your licence, they charge you €33 for printing it or something.
phew what a rippoff's

I'm happy with my 21€ provisional one LOL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG