The online racing simulator
New Shifter Knob...
(21 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
New Shifter Knob...
Basically my current shifter knob is a bit worn and theres a little bit coming through which keeps scratching my hand.

Also the gaiter is a bit horrible so I was looking to get a new one as well.

Where the hell do I find one though? And how do I know it will fit?
#3 - Jakg
...and what I *don't* want is pointless bling. I've got enough of that on my stereo tyvm!
#4 - Bean0
Most car accessory places will sell gear knobs and gaitors...Halfords etc.

I think there are different types depending on whether you lift/push the knob for reverse.
Find out if yours is the same as a Lancer of the same age, apparently they share a few parts. Could make your search easier.
Quote from Jakg :Also the gaiter is a bit horrible so I was looking to get a new one as well.

Where the hell do I find one though? And how do I know it will fit?

2 words; scrap yard.

Depending on what you've got, and assuming we're talking about an actual car, not a G25/other device, then a local scrap yard might have a car like yours, with a decent interior. Guaranteed to fit if its the right model and relatively cheap.
#7 - Jakg
richbrook do some nice stuff like gearknobs and gaithers, generic and tailored, unfortunatly the tailored stuff is only for cool cars like vauxhalls :P
I got one off eBay for a fiver. Real leather and everything. Pretty nice feel to it too.

Just like this one

I never liked the one that came with my car so I was glad when it broke.
Quote from Dajmin : Pretty nice feel to it too.

your knob has to feel nice.

Any one will do tbh, for 20, there for nothing.
rofl
Its not the hardest job in the world finding a gear knob for your car. If your that incapable of finding the right gear knob, i suggest you stay away from your car when repairs are needed.

As said before, try a scrap yard and have a looksie in there as they will most definetely stock some sort of proton similiar to yours. Failing that, just pop onto eBay or halfords and buy a cheapo one from there.
Quote from theirishnoob :your knob has to feel nice.

Any one will do tbh, for 20, there for nothing.

But you need a good knob, after all your constantly reaching down and grabbing your knob, sometimes with quite some force. You want a sturdy knob that's not going to easily break or suffer from wear & tear.

EDIT: I liked your sly little Proton dig there Frenchy
Yes, a knob that feels good in your hand is vital.
Mine left a funny smell on my fingers for a while, but that was just because it was new and hadn't been used before.
I needed to retighten the nuts after a few days as they'd come loose, but it's all good now.
Quote from Dajmin :
I needed to retighten the nuts after a few days as they'd come loose, but it's all good now.

seriously considering having one of those as my first sig!
WTF Jak You should know where you can get gearknobs from ffs!!!

AND AND you already have your own car thread.
he's attention seeking, speaking of which, my knob needs a good polish as does the interior... Brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb.
Quote from mcintyrej :
EDIT: I liked your sly little Proton dig there Frenchy

I thought someone might notice.

New Shifter Knob...
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG