The online racing simulator
Flight AF 447 "disappears"
(134 posts, started )
Strange is, why didnt they contact someone thru the radio? I mean, a plane cant just disapear.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Strange is, why didnt they contact someone thru the radio? I mean, a plane cant just disapear.

Thats the thing, they couldnt. They lost all contact to the plane
#53 - DeKo
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Strange is, why didnt they contact someone thru the radio? I mean, a plane cant just disapear.

aircraft go completely out of coverage over the atlantic, they often fly across with no contact with anyone.
What about when they are falling, They could contact or do some emergency actions. They arent supposed to fly that low then. Not that I know about those kind of stuff, but is it that easy to loose contact with a plane?
yes if you are out of radar range. The only contact they have is the automated systems
To help air traffic controllers keep track of flights, planes send out radio signals every half-hour or every hour that state their position and enables their route to be calculated.

When a plane doesn't send these signals, that's when the alarm procedures are set off, which is what happened here.
Quote from The Very End :Any more information about this, have they found the plane or are they stillsearching for it? Alltho the chances for survivers are slim, I prefer to be optimistic til they have found the plane, but yet again - most likely there will be no survivers .

They found parts of a plane, but they're not sure if it's the AF447. And any bodies has not been found also.
It's obviously the plane, if not what is that
Was watching the news today and some of the people were saying that these plane's can withstand alot of lighting strike's and carry on their journey. Some people are wondering if it struck another plane within the storm, though none have been reported missing... but it could be a drug trafficing plane? nobody would report that missing?

I hope they do find some of the bodies and survivor's but the chance's are now very slim imo.
Quote from Joe93 :but it could be a drug trafficing plane? nobody would report that missing?

I doubt something like that could reach the same altitudes as a modern long-range airliner.
And It being a drugs carrier, I believe it needs to carry a shitload of drugs

In this day and age, with all the technological advances in recent years and such, you would think that they could find a way to have a rock solid radar system all the way across the atlantic wouldn't you.
No more traveling with plane anymore for me.
seriously?

these sort of things happen once in a blue moon yh it might put you of slightly but surely not completely

unless you were joking of course
I'm thinking with this catastrophic depressurisation that the officials are talking about, my theory is that at some point in the storm it flew through it was hit by lightning, this caused the electrical faults (whatever they were) and at some point on the aircraft it damaged the fuselage. The fuselage then ruptured a bit further into the flight (possibly as a result of the turbulence) causing the catastrophic depressurisation and the crash
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No more traveling with plane anymore for me.

If you want to go with that mentality, you're about 2,500 times more likely to die in a car accident as opposed to a plane accident. 495 aviation deaths occured worldwide in 2008 (including all private and military flights), versus 2,943 road deaths in the UK alone. For comparison, there were no aviation deaths in the UK during 2008.

As far as I understand, the plane was within radio contact range (otherwise how do you think the automatic message came through?), but there was no human transmissions from the plane. The whole thing sounds very strange. I guess we'll never know until the black box is fished up
Thats my worst nightmare. A plane tearing apart while in flight.

I know the chances of even 1 survivor is very slim, but lets all hope.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I guess we'll never know until the black box is fished up

if it is ever fished up you mean...it's lying at the bottom of a very very deep ocean, and provided it survived the impact on the water then the bleeper beacon thing attached to the outside only has a battery life of 30 days
#70 - 5haz
Quote from Takumi_lfs :No more traveling with plane anymore for me.

Flying on a plane was never any less dangerous before the crash than it is now.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Thats my worst nightmare. A plane tearing apart while in flight.

I know the chances of even 1 survivor is very slim, but lets all hope.

I'm not scared of flying and I even like watching trough the windown when I'm in a plane, I don't mind the turbulence or anything BUT once I think about the plane going fast as shit down scares me... Weird stuff becuase I get excited of flying too
Quote from Blas89 :I'm not scared of flying and I even like watching trough the windown when I'm in a plane, I don't mind the turbulence or anything BUT once I think about the plane going fast as shit down scares me... Weird stuff becuase I get excited of flying too

I've been unfortunate enough to endure severe turbulence on a plane before. We flew through a trememdous thunderstorm coming in to land at Biarritz airport a few years back, at one point the plane dropped about 2000 feet in a matter of seconds. Our first landing attempt was aborted after a massive gust of wind blew the plane towards the terminal building just as we were about to touch down which made us have to endure half an hour of circling above the airport in the extreme turbulence. When that plane dropped it was possibly the most scared I have ever been in my life and I'm not afraid to admit that
I remember my first flight, Phoenix - Salt Lake City, It was snowing in Salt Lake so those clouds were pure fun. The first minutes were awesome, I was like "OMG this is so great look mom!! those highways look so damn tiny!" but... then... some minutes after my happy time, the hell started, turbulence kicked in y0 dawg... I can say I wasn't as scared as the dude that was next to my mom, poor guy was wearing his seatbelt, eyes closed, praying, he looked tense!. My sister was as calm as a rock, just there reading her magazine while I was closing the window's cover and asking my mom how long was our flight .

Once the plane landed and we were inside s.l.c.'s airport, I had a walk and watched the tv weather channel... good stuff, clear weather for my next flight to San Jose Ca.

I will never forget when I told my cousin this "I wont ever fly again, off course I will take the two planes back to Phoenix but... er no!", fear make us say stupid things
Quote from Joe93 :Was watching the news today and some of the people were saying that these plane's can withstand alot of lighting strike's and carry on their journey.

Most large commercial aircraft are designed to withstand conventional lightning. But they're still vulnerable to positive lightning (most lightning comes from the clouds to the surface, but positive lightning rises from the surface to the cloud or from the anvil of the storm to the surface: the original of the phrase, "bolt from the blue"), because they are too powerful to protect against. Pan Am lost a plane because of positive lightning many years ago.

Many things could have happened here, all related to the thunderstorm in the vicinity. It would have been nonsensical to try to fly anywhere but over or around the thunderstorm. Given that the storm covered a very large area, they probably tried to fly over it. Flying THROUGH a thunderstorm is pretty frigging dangerous, so that would have been a last option (there are myriad of problems flying through a storm, such as downbursts, funnel clouds or tornados, wind shears, lightning, hail, etc.). The problems with flying OVER a thunderstorm are that the clouds can tower way above 40,000 feet (so the plane can't make it over the top) and the threat of ice at the anvil - the top part - of storm clouds.

The A330 is one of the safest planes in the world. This has got to be a freak accident, particularly given that both the captain and first officer were very experienced pilots.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Please understand context.

I said nothing of "large" offense, IE the fact I don't really care doesn't matter and that I'd look forward to the ACI episode. But anyway, I digress, I did not stick my nuts in a rappers face infront of thousands of people in a room, not to mention millions (maybe a billion?) on TV!

And no, I am not doing this from attention. Seriously, stop making assumptions.

Sounds like you're the one in need of a lesson on context. Anyway, you'll be the first person on my ignore list- you show up all over this forum... I don't think I've ever read a mature post from you- and if I have it's been long since drowned out by all the childish crap you endlessly write.

Toodlepip

Flight AF 447 "disappears"
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG