The online racing simulator
OutGauge - now available in T6
(165 posts, started )
If anyone could give it a test that would be great!

This can be controlled by 5 lines in the cfg.txt file :

OutGauge Mode 0 :0-off 1-driving 2-driving+replay
OutGauge Delay 1 :minimum delay between packets (100ths of a sec)
OutGauge IP 0.0.0.0 :IP address to send the UDP packet
OutGauge Port 0 :IP port
OutGauge ID 0 :if not zero, adds an identifier to the packet

Each update sends the following UDP packet :

unsigned int Time; // time in milliseconds (to check order)
char Car[4]; // Car name
word Flags; // Combination of OG_FLAGS, see below
byte Gear; // Reverse:0, Neutral:1, First:2...
byte SpareB;
float Speed; // M/S
float RPM; // RPM
float Turbo; // BAR
float EngTemp; // C
float Fuel; // 0 to 1
float OilPress; // BAR
float Spare1;
float Spare2;
float Spare3;
float Throttle; // 0 to 1
float Brake; // 0 to 1
float Clutch; // 0 to 1
char Display1[16]; // Usually Fuel
char Display2[16]; // Usually Settings
int ID; // (optional ID - if specified in cfg.txt)

#define OG_SHIFTLIGHT 1
#define OG_FULLBEAM 2
#define OG_HANDBRAKE 4
#define OG_PITSPEED 8
#define OG_TC 16
#define OG_HEADLIGHTS 32
#define OG_SIGNAL_L 64
#define OG_SIGNAL_R 128
#define OG_REDLINE 256
#define OG_OILWARN 512
#define OG_1 1024
#define OG_2 2048
#define OG_3 4096
#define OG_4 8192
#define OG_KM 16384
#define OG_BAR 32768

Note : you can also initialise OutGauge from InSim. That way, you don't need to edit the cfg.txt file (but in that case you need an InSim program already set up).

With no InSim program, you can get OutGauge to start sending info just by editing cfg.txt as described in the above post.
Oh dude, that's sweet! Gotta try this one out. Oh man, could you image the F1 Style overlays that are now possiable! I really must finash that F1 Overlay PSD file . I just hope that one one else around here will code for it ... I don't have that much skill.
#4 - Tube
now if you give me some hints on how/where to start building a cockpit which communicates with lfs, I'll owe you one
#5 - Stuff
For the VB6 programmers on the forum, here is a working test of OutGauge!
Only thing it does for now is output the speed and RPM to a label on the form, nothing special, just testing. Included is my little okSocket, which might be hard to understand if you go through the slightly hackish code so if you have any questions, I will be happy to help.

Have fun!
Attached files
VB6 OutGauge.zip - 15.1 KB - 2716 views
You rock ray Now if only I could get myself to install VB we'd be in buissness .
That looks neat, but first, what is the bottom bar showing and also, will you release the plugin for the keyboard to allow that to work? (assuming its the logi keyboard?)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :That looks neat, but first, what is the bottom bar showing and also, will you release the plugin for the keyboard to allow that to work? (assuming its the logi keyboard?)

It's fuel.

I'm currently thinking about what I want to display on the lcs, because rpm and gear... well you can see them on screen very well

(and yes, G15)
now to get the 125$ for the G15
Been looking for good sources for LCD that could then be mounted in the steering wheel motec style. The one i got from crystalfontz is the ideal form factor, but not being much of a hardware guy, figuring out how to hook it up has been a bit of a challenge.

Found a place that has USB/Serial graphic LCDs, so I might give these a try:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/p ... mp;cName=lcd-graphic-lcds

Anyone know any other sources for graphic LCDs that come with a serial, parallel or USB interface?

cheers,
sdether
just FYI..
here is an example, how to connect an LCD to parallel port.. http://www.beyondlogic.org/parlcd/parlcd.htm
edit: this image might help...

but for my dashboard, i'm planning to use a bigger display, 40x4 lines...
http://www.bonafide.com.hk/catalog/MC4004-01.pdf
...this display costs around $25

this is a datasheet for a KS066U LCDcontroller http://nitemare.misto.cz/KS0066U_datasheet.pdf

this display has two of these controller chips (see first datasheet for wiring), so we need to enable one chip, send data for a half of the display, then enable other one, and send the rest of the data... so we need 8 data wires, one for read/write, and two for enable1/enable2 (or one wire for enable and one NOT gate), but the problem is we have only 8 data pins on LPT... pins 10 - 17 are for various control signal, but i'm not yet sure if they are usable for this.. ie. can they be set to any value via drivers??
if not, i might have to add some additional logic.. (a multiplexer maybe?)

in any case an external +5V power source wil be needed, as display's backlight will eat up to 1200mA of power .. this power can be taken from inside of a steering wheel, as display will be mounted on it anyway...
Quote from sdether :Been looking for good sources for LCD that could then be mounted in the steering wheel motec style. The one i got from crystalfontz is the ideal form factor, but not being much of a hardware guy, figuring out how to hook it up has been a bit of a challenge.

Found a place that has USB/Serial graphic LCDs, so I might give these a try:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/p ... mp;cName=lcd-graphic-lcds

Anyone know any other sources for graphic LCDs that come with a serial, parallel or USB interface?

cheers,
sdether

Great idea sdether
#16 - Ewee
@ GeForz: I've sent you a private message
Cheers RayOK.
Quote :#define OG_OILWARN 512

Engine oil warning light?

Does it mean, that we'll get some engine failures soon?
We have engine temperature (gauges)... would be a bit pointless dial if there were no consequences.
Does this mean i can have my phidgets program now?
Scavier? Impressed what people do with your little coding addins. This is the reason I'm buying that keyboard, it seems so awesomely useless, it could be useful
I'm somehow missing a max_rpm value
-
(Janni1687) DELETED by Janni1687
#define OG_KM 16384
#define OG_BAR 32768

What are these two for?
Quote from GeForz :I'm somehow missing a max_rpm value

Lolz, why you can see the max in de graph bar on thop

I think Less is more on an lcd, too much information on such small device makes it
unusable.

(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG