The online racing simulator
OutGauge - now available in T6
(165 posts, started )
Thank you! It works! Thank you for your help AND for your quick answer. I need it in kph but i know how to change it. Thank you very much!!!
What is the purpose of these bolded flags ? They never raise... Not implemented yet ?

#define OG_SHIFTLIGHT 1
#define OG_FULLBEAM 2
#define OG_HANDBRAKE 4
#define OG_PITSPEED 8
#define OG_TC 16
#define OG_HEADLIGHTS 32
#define OG_SIGNAL_L 64
#define OG_SIGNAL_R 128
#define OG_REDLINE 256
#define OG_OILWARN 512
#define OG_1 1024
#define OG_2 2048
#define OG_3 4096
#define OG_4 8192
#define OG_KM 16384
#define OG_BAR 32768
Attached files
OutGaugeInfo.zip - 109.5 KB - 528 views
#78 - Mc21
Quote from real_firefly :The shiftlight tells you when to shift, only works with manual gearbox.

I've made a simple led dash, with speedo, rpm, gear, headlight indicator, reverse indicator and handbrake indicator. Basic parts are:
1x basic stamp 2 from Parallax (not really recommended, but works)
9x 7 segment display
9x cmos 4511 bcd to 7 segment decoders
+/- 70 resistors
3 leds for indicators
A small application (i've made a simple Java app) to read the outguage packet and send usefull stuff to the basicstamp

the video: http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=4067208290069665126

Looks good.
I finished my real tachometer. well you just need few resistors that you conect with lpt and then output rpm on lpt. i will make spedoometer too, but i am thinking of digital speedo...

But still i didn't finshed 100% of tachometer. I still need to make shiftlight to work. But I see that it isn't packet. So i don't know how to get value (0 or 1). Please help. I will post movie later because I didn't buy voltmeter yet. (I tested it on digital multymeter)
Its set in the flags. i.e. in C you'd do something like this (a bitwise and operation checks to see if the shiftlight bit is set):
if ((flags & OG_SHIFTLIGHT) > 0)
{
// turn shiftlight on
}
else
{
// turn shiftlight off
}

I am working in vb but it helped! I didn't realize that it was flags. I just wrote the code:
Label1.Caption = Format(Packet.Flags(0))
And that's it!
Thnx!
Ofcourse i will output it on lpt for my LED.
Thanx again!
Quote from eindewege :Well atm, its very basic, I bypassed a lot of the tachometer stuff, in the end, its just a voltmeter (sort of). Im (ab)using the LPT-port, connected via a small transistor circuit.

Where did you find a 5V voltmeter? I am searching fri it about a month... I made a similar solution - I made my own DAC and it works (tested with multimeter)- now I just need to find 5v voltmeter. Help?
www.phidgetsusa.com

they make several ready to use interfaces, just gotta program them using thier provided libraries.

i tried to program for an 8/8/8 text lcd but didnt get anywhere, im just not a code crafter
Maybe a stupid question, but is het possible to use outgauge for a multi monitor setup.
Send info to a second computer (with LFS running) so I can have a different view there?
ULP moep, did you know that this threat has over 7000 views in under 30minutes. harcore right
Hello! Can somebody help me? I am about to connect shiftlight on a COM port... I had it connected to LPT but now i want to attach something else on lpt- tachometer... I dont know which pins are for input, and which are for output on a COM port. In short i don't know anything about com port so link on schematichs would be usefull... I just hope that programming in vb for COMport i similar to lpt programming... Thnx!
Quote from Mladen[CROtm] :Hello! Can somebody help me? I am about to connect shiftlight on a COM port... I had it connected to LPT but now i want to attach something else on lpt- tachometer... I dont know which pins are for input, and which are for output on a COM port. In short i don't know anything about com port so link on schematichs would be usefull... I just hope that programming in vb for COMport i similar to lpt programming... Thnx!

Serial port is completely different animal than LPT. You can control(read) LPT pins directly, but with serial port you need a controller (com port only has 1 line for reading (Rx) and one for writing (Tx) (actually it has other lines, but are pretty much useless), so controller must deal with assembling those bits together, put bytes into fifo queue, synchronizing all the stuff, generate irqs, etc... There are ICs that do that for you, but it still may prove to be little more annoying than you think it is...

If you only need one signal line you can get away with it easily: just use one of the control signals such as DTR... (beware: you are dealing with 12V here)
Yes i need just one signal- gfor shift light. 12V i can reduce with resistors...
What is DTR? I want to write signal output in vb...

Thnx
Ok , super work on the Logitech G15 . My question is >>> is there such a prog or mod that i can download that shows the same thing but only on a TFT CRT Monitor ??? I have been looking for something like this for a long time but ................. the G15 is too small for my taste
Quote from Mladen[CROtm] :Yes i need just one signal- gfor shift light. 12V i can reduce with resistors...
What is DTR? I want to write signal output in vb...

pins on your port on PC :

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9

pin 4 is DTR output
pin 5 is GND

(check docs on net if this is correct)

You can use following windows API to change DTR signal (you have to open serial port first with CreateFile API):

BOOL EscapeCommFunction( HANDLE hFile, DWORD dwFunc);

where dwFunc is CLRDTR or SETDTR to lower/raise signal and hFile is handle to a file (serial port actually)
Ok i gues not . If someone has any idea where i can get such a prog please let me know
I have played some more with Outgauge and USB. This is what i've came up with. Note i misuse the Oilpressure gauge to display Turbo boost :-)

Video
That is seriously impressive. I have only just begain to pratice with outgauge. Now im trying to see what is lying around i can use. So far nothing. But im wondering what possibilities my graphing calculators screen may have. Too bad it was so expensive, id probably have it taken apart already.
Surely there is money to be made here, all you need is a clip on LCD which plugs into a USB port and some code to drive it. If someone builds one, I will buy it lol.
People have been planning ventures..
i think he means me.... j/k
hey, i want this stuff for myself too, but develpment costs cash.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :hey, i want this stuff for myself too, but develpment costs cash.

I've got some extra cash right now, think I might pick up the phidgets thing and program for it in C or C++ (Or even SmallC). I'll let you know how it goes.
still gonna go ahead with my own development. develop a ready to use dash and software kit so those building cockpits can use them.

OutGauge - now available in T6
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG