The online racing simulator
OutGauge - now available in T6
(165 posts, started )
Hi GeForz!

Quote from GeForz :http://www.kamelstall.de/f1overlay.wmv

Nice work.

Quote from GeForz :Which Source code do you want?
The Overlay's or the one for insim?

The source code, particularly of the overlay, would make me happy, too.
I searched for this many times on google, but never found anything, that could work with lfs.

paXton
ah sorry must have overread this

overlay code is taken from the c# example found here: http://nexe.gamedev.net/directKnowledge/
for insim/outgauge wait for sdether to release the next version of his library

well i included the code snippets in the attached text file as i don't have a running version right now (as it was just an experiment)

hope it helps
Attached images
test.png
Attached files
draw_gauge.txt - 3.9 KB - 696 views
Quote from GeForz :overlay code is taken from the c# example found here: http://nexe.gamedev.net/directKnowledge/

thx, this seems to be helpfull.
Must I look at the the Direct3D hooking or the DirectDraw overlay sample, or need I both technics to display an overlay on the lfs in fullscreen mode?

paXton
wow this is cool. I'm getting one of those G15 keyboards

I have an old 3310 laying around if anyone works out how to hook that up!
can a mod or admin make this thread sticky
OutGauge Test
Quote from highbridge :I made control program for "Noritake GU-3101" by OutGauge.

That rocks. How much do those screens run and are they simple RS-232 connectors or do you have to build a board to connect the display?

Also, did you build the LED rev indicator yourself or where did you find that board?
Quote from sdether :That rocks. How much do those screens run and are they simple RS-232 connectors or do you have to build a board to connect the display?

Also, did you build the LED rev indicator yourself or where did you find that board?

I did not build board.
It can connect to PC with RS232C or USB interfaces.
Very easily.

I made LED indicator board.
But very simple.
This display has digital I/O interface.
I connect to those ports and control by VisualC++ program.

[WHRT] WorkaHolic Racing Team
HighBridge
#59 - Doso
thats very very cool, i want to do this for my cockpit

i would love too see a right up detailing how you did this (if you could :-) )

also how much does that screen cost?, i have been trying to do this with an old LCD screen (LIS lcd panel) without much luck

thanks!
Quote from Doso :thats very very cool, i want to do this for my cockpit

i would love too see a right up detailing how you did this (if you could :-) )

also how much does that screen cost?, i have been trying to do this with an old LCD screen (LIS lcd panel) without much luck

thanks!

I bought screen about $180US(20000yen).
And LED indicator is using junk parts.
Broken parts are LAN Hub and any...

Here is photo

HighBridge
Here's my latest outgauge project, finally I can read the numbers on the tacho :P

(Video is kinda crappy, try driving and shifting with one hand)
Attached files
rpm.zip - 677.3 KB - 991 views
Well atm, its very basic, I bypassed a lot of the tachometer stuff, in the end, its just a voltmeter (sort of). Im (ab)using the LPT-port, connected via a small transistor circuit. With a bit of pulse width modulation, you get this effect.

Its not perfect, there are only 40-80 'rpm-levels' I can use, so Im gonna try a real 5V output from a microcontroller or something (Think Im gonna abuse an old FFB-joystick, and steal its motor output).

BTW, any updates for FFShifter soon? Really like the program
Ghost Ve, you my friend are a god for realizing the potential of Phidgets.
think we could get support for a Text 8/8/8 too? (for those of use who wanna build a proper digital dash)
a variable for rpm at the driveshaft directly behind the gearbox would be nice for more realistically behaving speedos
My OutGauge test program.
Quote from highbridge :I bought screen about $180US(20000yen).
And LED indicator is using junk parts.
Broken parts are LAN Hub and any...

HighBridge

Here is my source code
http://whrt.web.infoseek.co.jp/software/OutGaugeTest.zip

But it is uncompletely and this is only source code.
If you have same display unit,
Please let me know question.

HighBridge
Quote from GeForz :Choose your favorite:
- When I get the permission from Ecclestone to let it look like the official.
- When Scawen releases the next patch. It's imo pretty useless to have an overlay which only works in singleplayer...

GeForz, please can you try Test Patch U9 and see if it does output OutGuage data when you want it to (remote cars, replays, external views, should all be ok now).

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9472

Note : It was too restricted before because it used the same restrictions as OutSim - which was designed for motion simulators, which must have smooth motion. But OutGauge does not need to be so restricted.
D3D or photoshop?
Anyway, your colors are off, and I can help with that.
Photoshop.

Ah, the SimFIA man. The colors are the way I see them on my captures, which is supposedly not what it should be in real life. Do you have the official color codes or are yours also assumptions?
Any word on LCD studio yet GhostVE?
Quote from Yaamboo :Photoshop.

Ah, the SimFIA man. The colors are the way I see them on my captures, which is supposedly not what it should be in real life. Do you have the official color codes or are yours also assumptions?

I think my colors are correct. They are based on the color that I have found from online videos. I've then made small assumptions on how they would use the colors, based on what I know about the color comming from TVs. I would have to say that I think (and you can look for your self) that they are VERY close, if not the exact color they do use. You can also see the release I've made called F1SS, or F1 Style Stats. It can be found on this vary forum.
Yup, you are supposedly correct, but I like my colours more

I'll test how much there is a difference later.
Hi,

Could it be possible to add current engine torque in OutGauge ?
Also would be great to have current resistive torque into engine? wich is the torque that come from drive train and go to engine

cheers,
Hello. I saw few examples of analouge real gauges... I have an idea of building one of my own... on the first page of this topic is vb6 program which should copy current speed and rpm of a car in two labels. I have changed the cnfg file and set up port on 55, and outgauge mode on 1, but still i didn't get it to work... can enybody help me? If I get it to work i know how to move on... Tell me how to get it to work or please tell me where I can find program writen in c or visual basic. I just need speed and rpm in real time. Thanx!
Hrm.. only thing I can think of is to double check your cfg file (like below) and know that OutGauge only works for the car you're in and in your car in replays (if mode is 2).. Have it match this:

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 55
OutGauge ID 0

The port can be different of course as long as it matches the port in the .ConnectTo line.

If nothing else works I will be happy to help more if I can..

OutGauge - now available in T6
(165 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG