The online racing simulator
Flight AF 447 "disappears"
(134 posts, started )
No you wouldn't, i know your doing it for the attention. Heres a post from you today about the Eminem joke

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Mmm yeah I don't think it's fake.

But either way I think it was a poor "joke" if that could be called it, especially, if I remember, Eminem has not long gotten out of rehab, all that other shit he's gone through, the efforts he's put into his new album, etc..

Personally although I can sit here and say "OWNED", the reality is it's a poor joke, borderline round and disgraceful.

Ok, so what happened to Eminem is a disgraceful joke, but what you just said it perfectly fine and ****ing hilarious? Please, god, punch this **** in the face.
Quote from de Souza :Same here. I know next to nothing about those systems, but surely there has to be some data concerning speed, heading, altitude on the radars?

It wasn't on anyone's radar.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
Ok, so what happened to Eminem is a disgraceful joke, but what you just said it perfectly fine and ****ing hilarious? Please, god, punch this **** in the face.

Please understand context.

I said nothing of "large" offense, IE the fact I don't really care doesn't matter and that I'd look forward to the ACI episode. But anyway, I digress, I did not stick my nuts in a rappers face infront of thousands of people in a room, not to mention millions (maybe a billion?) on TV!

And no, I am not doing this from attention. Seriously, stop making assumptions.
@Booth: Before it disappeared, I mean.

Can you guys stop ruining every thread? This is getting way too annoying.
Quote from de Souza :@Booth: Before it disappeared, I mean.

Can you guys stop ruining every thread? This is getting way too annoying.

The information I have heard is that the flight was at 35,000 feet and traveling 520 miles per hour, before it desappear.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Please understand context.

I said nothing of "large" offense, IE the fact I don't really care doesn't matter and that I'd look forward to the ACI episode. But anyway, I digress, I did not stick my nuts in a rappers face infront of thousands of people in a room, not to mention millions (maybe a billion?) on TV!

And no, I am not doing this from attention. Seriously, stop making assumptions.

You just showed 0 respect for anyone, your a selfish, pathetic prick.

Eminem didn't die though did he, someone disrespecting him is disgraceful, but you disrespecting people, children and a baby that lost their lives is perfectly alright.

If this isn't a bit stunt for attention, you seriously need some help.
Well from the news I've read it seems that everything was fine when they left Brazlian ATC/radar contact.

And S14 twat, sometimes it's better to keep stuff to yourself even if others are thinking it the same. As the saying goes, “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
Blah blah words... seriously look at yourselves. let's try to keep above a certain level, name-calling such as that get's a little childish!

I KNOW this will sound mean.....so stop reading if you're just going to spout copy and pasted moaning, but I have had people that I care(d) about die, and while it's not nice, you have to make the best of it. I mean death's inevitable...and if you want to dwell on it, well you be my guest.......

And such an original quote, boothy. And people can think what they like about me..
You really are totally and utterly deluded. You need help.
-
(hugoluis) DELETED by hugoluis
The brazilian airlines company TAM confirmed, that crew from a TAM's airplane that arrived in Brazil have seem "brilliant orange lights in the sea" in the route between Europe and Brazil, when they was doing the reverse route that the Air France (desappeared) was using. The brilliant lights was seen approximately 1,300km from Fernnado de Noronha.

This happened at 02h40 (GMT), about 40-60 minutes after the problem's report with the airplane from Air France.

Well, the brilliant orange lights in the sea might be from the AF447, that crashed in the sea and got on fire.
Quote from 510N3D :On topic, the question im asking myself is how the heck can a plane just disappear? I mean, last time i checked, planes are pretty expensive and for aerial transportation corresponding GPS tracking devices aren't, at least comparatively to eachother.

Well, the plane can "disappear" from radar, but they will be able to use data up to the point of lost contact to get a general idea of where the thing might be. Unfortunately, with what it sounds like, the search area might as well be the size of the Eastern US. If the plane didn't break up after whatever caused it to have the failure, the search area may be smaller, but if it did break up, it'll be all over the place, you can bet.

Unfortunate for all the victims and the families and friends of them. Always bad news to hear this. I too will look forward to what caused the disaster, and hope that the lessons learned can prevent the same thing happening again.
#37 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Blah blah words... seriously look at yourselves. let's try to keep above a certain level

Seems nobody has yet gone lower than your initial "joke".

well guess we just have to try harder.
the plane when it came down was in the area of no radar contact anyway, but all was fine when it left the Brazilian radar range. For a plane to just 'disappear' it must have had some sort of catastrophic mechanical failure causing it to plummet from the sky, otherwise there would have been more data to go on sent out by the plane's automated systems including the one that reported some sort of electrical fault half an hour or so before it crashed. The plane wouldn't have had a chance of staying intact, as I'm sure you know hitting water from that height is the same as hitting concrete so the chances of anything being remotely intact are slim....and the black box is at the bottom of the sea
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Was reported on the SV owners site, been following that...

As I said there, I don't really care buttttttt...

NEW EPISODE OF AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION NO MORE REPEATS WOOOOO

Dont really wanna butt in but, Would you be saying stuff like this if YOUR relative was on the plane?
I bet not!
Any more information about this, have they found the plane or are they stillsearching for it? Alltho the chances for survivers are slim, I prefer to be optimistic til they have found the plane, but yet again - most likely there will be no survivers

Dying in airplane accident must be the worst way of dying, the fear the people must feel before going down into uncertainly must be horrifying.

I would also like to add that there COULD be a little more respect in this thread. Not that I care or feel offended, but maybe someone knows someone that were in that plane, and reading tasteless comments afterwards won't help anyone. It probally can be used in jokes at some bizare way, but it's too early for making jokes about it. It's like the joke about Irwin and that fish that appeared just days after his death, tasteless. Give it some time and hopefully not at all make jokes about death accidents.
Off topic - Easiest way to deal with S14 is by ignoring his posts, using the forum tools.....sure you lose half the postings of the forum, but you also lose half the idiocy.

On Topic – It must have been some storm it flew into for the plane to fall out of the air. Either that or it got hit by lighting and lost all instruments, navigational and radio communications and flew around until the fuel ran out….which in it’s self is not worth thinking about.
Thoughts are with the families at this most tragic time. Got an exam today that I was worrying about but this kind of thing really puts it into perspective.
Catastrophic electrical failure and rapid de-pressurisation is what it has been described as.

There was a similar incident with an Air Mauritius A330 on a test flight in 2007. The de-pressurisation was so sudden that some of those on board had no time to grab oxygen masks!

Hopefully at least some survivors can be found and rescued.
About the pressure part, care to fill in some more information about that?
And please, do not say google that or google it, or wikipedia link, because I'll end up with some _really_ "enjoyable" science talk. I just want to know what it is in common language.

From what it sounds like it seem to "suck" out the atmosphere / oxygen inside the plane, is that right? Even so, you should have somne oxygen / be able to hold your breathe for some time til the masks are on.
Or is the pressure drop/rise itself enough to kill the humans inside the plane?

Sorry for going off topic, but curious about it.

Uff... if that scenario is right, about the plane to lose all navigating and instrument aid and just flying around til it's emty of fuel, god know's what that poor pilot must think then
Well basically the air pressure inside the plane is much higher than the air pressure outside the plane [so there's enough oxygen to breathe - there's barely any oxygen at 40,000ft] and so basically if the aircraft de-pressurises [so that the pressure inside the plane is the same as outside] somehow [a leak or whatever], then you're gonna die if you stay at 40,000ft for any length of time. If it de-pressurises then the pilot has to do a rapid descent to about 5,000 feet where there's enough oxygen to breathe. [and/or use oxygen masks - but they will only last a certain amount of time] But remember, the pilot is human too, so if he doesn't do it quick enough, it's bye bye.
So on rellatively short amount of time the pilot has to dive the plane down 35 000 feets? How long does the mask lasts before it's no use?
Must be horrifying. What disgust me is the way media is trying to find the "guilty" one now. I'll swear I'll crush something if they start hunting for who the one to blame. Sometimes accident happens, and it's horrible by all means, but it does not allways need to be a guilty one. It's not like it would change anything, but it would give media more to write about.
Quote :In general, commercial aircraft are pressurized so that the cabin air is at a pressure equivalent to no more than 8,000 feet altitude (usually somewhat lower altitude), where one can breathe normally without an oxygen mask. If the cabin altitude reaches 14,000 feet or higher, or a decompression occurs and hypoxia is possible, compartments containing the oxygen masks will open automatically

How long it lasts:
Quote :
Pulling down on one oxygen mask removes the firing pin of the generator igniniting a mixture of sodium chlorate and iron powder, opening the oxygen supply for all the masks in the compartment. Oxygen production cannot be shut off once a mask is pulled, and oxygen production typically lasts for 12-15 minutes.

Damn what a tragedy that is. My thoughts are with the families
Interesting fact: At 40,000 feet, the air is so lacking in oxygen, that if you were to breathe it normally, you would have around 12 seconds before starting to suffer the effects - disorientation, lack of consciousness, and eventually death.

All aircraft have their own guidlines for descent rates should their be a loss of pressure inflight, this varies from aircraft to aircraft, but it is roughly around 6000 feet per minute descent for a B737.
Thanks for the info about the pressure thing.

Latest news arriwed and it's about oil part and metall debris has been found in the ocean.

Flight AF 447 "disappears"
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG