The online racing simulator
F1RST Racing - Epic news
(148 posts, started )
Good luck with your new challenge.
Why is the whole ****ing community sniffing glue nowdays?
Is this a joke or some sort of 'Highlander film' moment for teams in LFS? 'There can be only one' (LFS team) and all that. In fact, is SR Keith the Kurgan?

Anyway, best of luck to all concerned

P.S. I have something to say! It's better to burn out than to fade away!
Quote from hyntty :Why is the whole ****ing community sniffing glue nowdays?

This begs the question, why aren't you sniffing glue nowadays?
Yeah, everyone is doing it!
As stated in thread title - this is really epic.
Shut the fcuk up, comrades!
Is it just me, or in this past few days we didn't had one that was normal. There was always something unusual going on, out of the ordinary or simply stupid and epic. Damn, this global warming is really starting to affect us!
Quote from BAMBO :Is it just me, or in this past few days we didn't had one that was normal. There was always something unusual going on, out of the ordinary or simply stupid and epic. Damn, this global warming is really starting to affect us!

I think its recession fault
Second shock for me...
It seems to me that LFS is dying
"I like drifting." Rudy van Buren
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Mp3 Astra :This begs the question, why aren't you sniffing glue nowadays?

Gotta stay sober, Graduation day tomorrow.

Quote from max92 :Second shock for me...
It seems to me that LFS is dying

Perhaps we just don't understand the position of the people who have been acive longer than us? Maybe in a few years we'll get bored too. (This is way too serious for this thread btw)
This topic was a joke but also has a serious undertone. The development speed of LFS lately coupled with the disappointment obviously felt by many in the community with the continued delays to the Scirocco has left many "old Skool" LFS'ers finding it difficult to be motivated. This is one of the reasons we have a large team, to make up for members going inactive, which is happening more and more lately.

Core & spdo have been expanding aswell lately, and it does seem to be coming true my prediction that either teams would get bigger or fold, due in no small part to LFS development speed and keeping activity and interest alive in LFS.
I think that alot of the posts poking fun at the the team size is quite pathetic TBH and shows either a complete lack of understanding or total jealousy.. If we had 50 people all wanting to do 1 event at the same time then that could be an issue, but only around half of the team are active at one time, a smaller amount want to do certain events, less can actually make the event and practice, which leaves us with around 5-6 who actually can make a race, show good pace and want to do it. This is a perfect number IMO, and creates a healthy level of competition for places and also enough to not make practice a boring and lonely activity. This also should help relieve some of the pressure on our top drivers to always have to race, so keeping them fresh and motivated.

I also think that the fact that we have so many good drivers entering so many different events is a good thing too, it shows we are a diversified team. The fact that we also have alot of pickup racers shows we are not elitist in any way, as concentrating on just league racing can be fatal for interest, activity and morale.

I sincerely hope that F1RST or any of the other well respected teams don't close down and we get some updates pretty soon, to rekindle the interest of the people who have made LFS & the Community what it is today..
Quote from jasonmatthews :This topic was a joke but also has a serious undertone. The development speed of LFS lately coupled with the disappointment obviously felt by many in the community with the continued delays to the Scirocco has left many "old Skool" LFS'ers finding it difficult to be motivated. This is one of the reasons we have a large team, to make up for members going inactive, which is happening more and more lately.

Core & spdo have been expanding aswell lately, and it does seem to be coming true my prediction that either teams would get bigger or fold, due in no small part to LFS development speed and keeping activity and interest alive in LFS.
I think that alot of the posts poking fun at the the team size is quite pathetic TBH and shows either a complete lack of understanding or total jealousy.. If we had 50 people all wanting to do 1 event at the same time then that could be an issue, but only around half of the team are active at one time, a smaller amount want to do certain events, less can actually make the event and practice, which leaves us with around 5-6 who actually can make a race, show good pace and want to do it. This is a perfect number IMO, and creates a healthy level of competition for places and also enough to not make practice a boring and lonely activity. This also should help relieve some of the pressure on our top drivers to always have to race, so keeping them fresh and motivated.

I also think that the fact that we have so many good drivers entering so many different events is a good thing too, it shows we are a diversified team. The fact that we also have alot of pickup racers shows we are not elitist in any way, as concentrating on just league racing can be fatal for interest, activity and morale.

I sincerely hope that F1RST or any of the other well respected teams don't close down and we get some updates pretty soon, to rekindle the interest of the people who have made LFS & the Community what it is today..

Excellent post, and I agree on all points.
Quote from jasonmatthews :This topic was a joke but also has a serious undertone. The development speed of LFS lately coupled with the disappointment obviously felt by many in the community with the continued delays to the Scirocco has left many "old Skool" LFS'ers finding it difficult to be motivated. This is one of the reasons we have a large team, to make up for members going inactive, which is happening more and more lately.

Someone has done their homework! Great post Jason.
"WIR BRAUCHEN KEIN TRAXXION"

Clearly a joke to me.

F1rst of course stays F1rst and will in future still win exellent races, gaining some more victories.
Different to the 3 posters on top of me, I do not at all agree on jasonmatthews argumentation about: There´s nothing new in LFS and ppl./ teams are leaving it these days. Cause it just doesn´t look like it. Prove me wrong here. Or just let me race 2 more years and then Í might have your guys oppinion as well, I can´t tell.

A bit more interesting the question how important a team tag actually is to some certain racers as long they, this very way, can make sure to get into a racers seat in one/two exclusive existing leagues...
All rumours, of course...
Quote from R.Kolz :"WIR BRAUCHEN KEIN TRAXXION"

Clearly a joke to me.

F1rst of course stays F1rst and will in future still win exellent races, gaining some more victories.
Different to the 3 posters on top of me, I do not at all agree on jasonmatthews argumentation about: There´s nothing new in LFS and ppl./ teams are leaving it these days. Cause it just doesn´t look like it. Prove me wrong here. Or just let me race 2 more years and then Í might have your guys oppinion as well, I can´t tell.

A bit more interesting the question how important a team tag actually is to some certain racers as long they, this very way, can make sure to get into a racers seat in one/two exclusive existing leagues...
All rumours, of course...

When you hit the 3 year mark (some have been here alot more) you will definately feel it.
What is Rudy saying about this? He joined SR for a "new challenge" and to "help develop a team" which is a great thing to do, but now the rest of the team has joined it's no longer developing a new team.

I hope it's a joke, Rambo IMO was one of the best drivers in first and to see him go to drifting now would just sack.
#69 - CSF
White text damnit!
this kind of threads will never work with dev's, just like many others didn't work ether, so leave them alone They work their way since ever and will continue no matter what. Therfor they're not to blame for anything.

and lol @ ray
So ehhhhh..........................is it real or not?
Draw your own conclusions...
And read Chris' post.
In my opinion, a big team in terms of numbers does no help for the team. I could never be proud to be a driver in a teams with 20 million members because it just wouldn't feel special, but to be a member in a team with just 10-15 or even less, thats special imo. It means you have achieved something and been recognised by the team to be worth having. Not to say anybody in SR isn't any good, but i wouldn't feel so proud to be in a team like that as i do in 3id or would in SK, Merc F1rst, n! and such.
What the? I just can't understand what is going on with LFS teams.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Core & spdo have been expanding aswell lately, and it does seem to be coming true my prediction that either teams would get bigger or fold, due in no small part to LFS development speed and keeping activity and interest alive in LFS.

Well I'm not sure you can put us on the same level as SR and CoRe in that respect - we've only got 16 members at the moment which is half the size of the CoRe roster and one third the size of SR's.

Quote from BenjiMC :In my opinion, a big team in terms of numbers does no help for the team. I could never be proud to be a driver in a teams with 20 million members because it just wouldn't feel special, but to be a member in a team with just 10-15 or even less, thats special imo. It means you have achieved something and been recognised by the team to be worth having. Not to say anybody in SR isn't any good, but i wouldn't feel so proud to be in a team like that as i do in 3id or would in SK, Merc F1rst, n! and such.

I'd agree with that - though each team is run differently and each individual has different reasons for being part of a team.

F1RST Racing - Epic news
(148 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG