The online racing simulator
gcse ocr resistant materials
(394 posts, started )
so, because i can't be "bothered" (as you put) to use my shift key, i'm an idiot? this comming from a man who thinks fish have no verbal or written language, but they know what a capital letter is and why it is used?
it's nice to know that my writing style (on a forum) gets under your skin enough for you to judge me. me personally, i don't judge people, as i find when i'm pointing the finger, there's always three (fingers) from the same hand pointing back.
You don't need to know the difference, guess. Most spades are stainless steel. Every now and they you'll find one that is titanium (god knows why stainless steel works just as well) and you get the odd spade coated in chrome for the bling factor.

They dig holes, the shaft is generally wood or aluminium for lightness and iron tools would be a mistake. Plastic is fine for trowels and such because you don't need strength just lightness. And more often than not the tools are just sheet metal that has been bent over a former because it is cheap. The handle is usually more intricate, though more often than not it is just moulded plastic to cut costs and comfort.

I'd like my GCSE in garden tools now.

[edit: I skipped a lot of this thread, this relates to a post on the first page]
People who talk with their mouths full, or eat with their mouths open in the presence of others.

People who, in a noisy environment, can't be bothered to raise their voice over the machinery. Bloody MUMBLERS!

people who cant be bothered to punctuate their sentences and just create a text stream that people who are reading it have to preprocess before they can make sense of it

It's called common courtesy. If you're communicating with people, have the decency to make at least a bit of effort.
there's another phrase "if u don't laugh, u cry", i think that applies here. the fact that people can get so worked up over something as meaningless as punctuation is frankly amusing. your example - presumably ment to exaggerage the point - was absolutely fine by me, i had no trouble reading it. calling it common courtesey is just stupid. as long as u can read and have a basic grasp of the english language, it should be no trouble. calling people uneducated for using it and then giving the impression u can't understand it is a complete contradiction.
i don't think common courtesy has anything to do with it. the fact that you are communicating is effort enough in my books.

what's the difference in me typing something like "He went to the shops when I asked him." or "he went to the shops when i asked him." when the point being made is exactly the same?
Quote from dadge :i don't think common courtesy has anything to do with it. the fact that you are communicating is effort enough in my books.

what's the difference in me typing something like "He went to the shops when I asked him." or "he went to the shops when i asked him." when the point being made is exactly the same?

Forgetting whether it is right or wrong for a second, I'm afraid people will judge you on how you type. Obviously that won't be all they judge you on, but it does make you look lazy or/and a little dim. As for common courtesy, it is harder to read an uncapitalised sentence. You, through not being bothered to capitalise letters, have caused me to put in more effort to read your post.

Therefore there will be less chance of people being bothered to read your post, comprehend it or reply to it. And there will be less chance of people liking you.

Did that make sense?
aww, poor you for having to put in some effort. it must be hard for you to get out of bed in the mornings.
get over it. i have never used upper case at the start of a sentence in forums and i don't think i will start now. if you're having trouble finding the beginning of my sentences, read until you see one of these . and stop.
do you think my friends and family care how i write on an internet forum? me neither. so why should i care how my not using capitals on a forum makes me look to people like you?

edit: you did manage to read my post though didn't you? so i did get my point accross then.
i'm ashamed of you dadge, god damn. you have rained down dishonour upon us all!

your ass will pay for this!
no, you will pay for this ass. erm i mean......
I'm not worked up. I'm just calmly telling you I rate chincillas above you mentally. If you are happy for me and countless others to do that then we're fine!!

What is the difference between "He went to the shops when I asked him." or "he went to the shops when i asked him."? Well, the first one is clearly written by someone with an ounce of care, maturity and intellect. The other is written by a dunce. That's quite a big difference in my book.

Still not worked up though.

And you DO judge people. You just either don't know it or won't admit it to yourself because modern society is under the false impression that judging is bad. But everyone does it. It's impossible to resist. It's basic human nature. It's probably basic nature in fact - you'll probably find that horses judge one another on things like horseyness, but we don't know it and they probably don't realise it. All animals certain judge others of the same species either as a threat or a mating possibility. It's simply an extension of that.
are you sure you're not worked up? i'm sensing a bit of bitterness in that post, or am i judging you? you should try to be a bit more creative when deciding on which animals to compare me to.
me personally, i don't rate you. i've never met you or spoken to you directly (voice). for all i know, you could have a face on you like a slapped arse but again, who am i to judge you?
if you like i can give it a go.

all this high and mighty comming from a man who has this "I CAN eat a stack of EIGHT Jaffa Cakes at once without suffocating or choking!" in his profile. and you say i have the mentallity of a chincilla (you forgot the capital C on the name of that animal bud) to me, having something like I CAN eat a stack of EIGHT Jaffa Cakes at once without suffocating or choking! in you profile is like saying "i can do nearly 8 inches without choking." and you say i'm giving the wrong impression.
I can't judge your looks from text, but I can judge intelligence. It might be the wrong judgement, but that's as much your fault for typing like that as it is mine for coming to that conclusion.

Chinchilla doesn't need, as far as I'm aware, a capital letter.

You missed out the context of the Jaffa Cake phrase, or the delicious sillyness meant by it. And no, sillyness is rarely an indication of intelligence.
Quote from dadge :and you say i have the mentallity of a chincilla (you forgot the capital C on the name of that animal bud) to me

So did you.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :

[edit: I skipped a lot of this thread, this relates to a post on the first page]

If you haven't done so already, I demand that you go back and read it... NOW
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't judge your looks from text, but I can judge intelligence. It might be the wrong judgement, but that's as much your fault for typing like that as it is mine for coming to that conclusion.

Chinchilla doesn't need, as far as I'm aware, a capital letter.

You missed out the context of the Jaffa Cake phrase, or the delicious sillyness meant by it. And no, sillyness is rarely an indication of intelligence.

so, because i don't use upper case letters at the beginning of a sentence, i'm a lazy idiot. but because you can put nearly 8 inches of jaffacakes into your mouth and eat them without choking it's delicious sillyness? aye, that's a skll that's gonna get you far in life. i wouldn't call it delicious sillyness, i would call it greedy, selfish, childish and moronic. but hey you're tristian, your ass generates UV light.

so, let me get this straight. it's my fault you misjudge me? is that a bit like saying it's as much your ass' fault for your head to be stuck up it.
(double post) just to let you know, your judgement is actually quite wrong.
Quote from dadge :so, because i don't use upper case letters at the beginning of a sentence, i'm a lazy idiot.

Since you know that it's correct English (and, I presume most other western languages) to begin a sentence that way.. why is it that you don't? Because you seem to be saying that you can't be arsed, or don't care.

So aren't you saying the same thing as Tristan?

For me, I don't care either way.. but I do find that I have to make an extra effort to NOT skip over and ignore people who habitually don't form proper sentences.

It really blows me away, actually, how non-English LFS forum users seem to have a greater appreciation for the English language construct than so many native English do. Seriously, kudos to them.
Also, chinchilla doesn't need a capital. You wouldn't say "Oh, look at that Dog standing beside that Horse in the field with the Tree!". Just had to point that out
Hi
Hope this helps.
OI! I always (attempt) to use proper English unless I am mocking morons or just generally make a mistake.
Quote from SamH :Since you know that it's correct English (and, I presume most other western languages) to begin a sentence that way.. why is it that you don't? Because you seem to be saying that you can't be arsed, or don't care.

i don't care simply because it changes nothing in what i would write. the same way i don't care what people (who i have never met)think of me.
if you knew me (and met me) you would soon find that i'm quite animated and always up for a laugh. i would alway mis-pronounce words, but do you think the people i'm talking to think less of me because of it?
mountains and mole hills comes to mind.

EDIT: i was thinking about it and to be honest, forums are the only place i don't use upper case. when texting i still spell full words and i use upper case. same when writing old school (pen and paper). even when emailing my boss of workmates, i would use capitals when needed. i would say it may be more of a habit now than anything else.
Simple laziness, that's all it is. No other excuses.
read my answer again. i was asked if ican't be arsed, or don't care. i answered "i don't care"
how does don't care fall into lazyness? it's not lazyness because again, i'm not really that concerned what people on a game forum think of me, just because i don't use uppercase.

what's more idiotic, not using uppercase or illegal racing in country roads? i know of a few people in this thread who have openly spoke about doing this very dangerous and idiotic activity (in this forum).
but anyways, i'm hungry, i think i'll fry up a couple of big fish
Quote from dadge :read my answer again. i was asked if ican't be arsed, or don't care. i answered "i don't care"
how does don't care fall into lazyness? it's not lazyness because again, i'm not really that concerned what people on a game forum think of me, just because i don't use uppercase.

I can't be arsed to thoroughly read posts that contain little to no correct grammar (with some exceptions). That is just the way I am. It doesn't take a lot of effort to use capitalisation, and it pays dividends as you begin to come across as someone who actually does care about how people percieve him/her, and my perception of you and your 'I can't be arsed' attitude isn't good, and it is an attitude that probably extends into real life (prove me wrong).
I'm not really into this discussion, but I do judge people on by the way they write, because it's the main way to judge someone on the internet, just like first impressions. I judge the person if he or she's using foul language, proper grammar, commas and period, capital letters and if they write the words correctly, as well as using paragraphs.

I think I should give an example:

when i read a point made by sbd who writes liek this i just dont giv a shit about his opinion and most times i jus don tread it cuz it seems that the person doenst care about what hes saing and he doesnt bother to explain it correctly so if he doesnt care about writing why should i care about reading it
(Just like earmelon was doing.. I skipped most of his posts, even though they seemed to be quite funny )

Now, when I see a point by someone who writes like this, I'll certainly read it.

No, nobody needs to be perfect, and I'm not the grammar police, but if one wants to communicate, he should at least try doing it in a way everyone can read without struggling to find out what he wanted to say.

(And, as I've, already, seen some people, do, you also, don't need, to use, too, much commas.)

dadge, it's not like writing without capital letters (but using all other punctuation etc) makes it more difficult to comprehend. It just makes reading it slower, and makes me want read it very quickly so I can get faster to the next post (which hopefully will have correct writing), or simply skip it.
If I don't shorten words or skip punctuation in my own language, why would I do this in English? Actually, I'm much more careful about what I write in English than Portuguese.

Besides, making use of no punctuation, proper grammar, commas or full stops at all and shortening words, will only make one look like a absolutely illiterate person who, actually, CAN'T speak.

gcse ocr resistant materials
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG