(118 posts, closed, started )
The cost of LFS

£24 for a license
£55 for a Logitech Driving force pro
£90 for a Momo 11 wheel
£60 for a Frex conversion

The feeling of driving the best online racing sim there is

PRICELESS

There are some things you can't really put a price on, and the feeling I get from playing LFS is one of them.
Quote from BrandonAGr :Too bad you can't vote to kick someone out of a thread...

Ah, but you can...

Add Dethred to your ignore list. Its done wonders for my blood pressure, although I do wish people would stop quoting his posts so I end up reading them.

http://www.lfsforum.net/profil ... serlist=ignore&u=7444
the wway i see things is

GTR, GTl etc are like NASA, Russian Space Program etc

then we have Netkar, Rfactor etc which are like the various x prise challengers

LFS of course is the equivelent of Dick Rutan's team

edit

thought i'd better expand this a bit to explain reasoning.

the big guys get the job done but not very efficiently (either in $billions or system resources) but its always been the way its done.

the new smaller guys are showing that a better job (be it getting people into space cheaply or an online racing sim / game ) can be done with far less resources
Quote from danowat :The cost of LFS

£24 for a license
£90 for a Momo 11 wheel

PRICELESS

Well said. I have propably spent well over 350 euros on my wheel/pedal/shifter setup alone, just for LFS. And I would gladly and easily pay twice the price of LFS from what it is now.
Quote from danowat :The cost of LFS

£24 for a license
£90 for a Momo 11 wheel

PRICELESS

There are some things you can't really put a price on, and the feeling I get from playing LFS is one of them.

for everything else.. there is mastercard

just thought id finish it off ..

this thread is quite an enjoyable read... as always, i tend to not bother anymore with threads who say lfs isnt good, finished, not worth 24 when at alpha stage and so on, its a waste of my time and the clock is ticking away in my life so id rather be playing lfs through that time. I he doesnt wanna play lfs than thats fine.. but he doesnt know what hes missing...... just a waste of time trying to prove a point or explain what lfs is really about... credit to all those who tried in this thread tho..

think Turkos post above says it all

mad

edit*** where are our AVATARS!!!
I'm glad to spend money in a product that is still in development, aslong it works fine without any significant bugs. LFS is definitely such a product.
LFS does his job, it's a online race sim. POINT.

But LFS is more, to. I like the fact, that if I now stop playing and come back after a longer periode, the game has changed. It has developed, it has new content, it is better than before. All without bying a new product. I often stop playing games, cause they normaly get boring after a while. But LFS gives me the option to observe it, thats excitingly and not as boring as other games.
#83 - Gunn
I sold two of my sisters to set up my LFS and I only cried a little bit. My lap times are really improving.
Quote from Dethred :Dear thread starter,

You're in the wrong place to voice your opinion. An official online Forum for a software product is no place to criticize the software. You're 100% wrong because this is the LFS forum, and LFS is 110% perfect. God made LFS through "Scavier". The physics are just like real life, in fact all of this updating has been unneccessary as 95% of the LFS fanbase was defending LFS as a perfect sim needing no improvement since S1 went Beta. In light of this realization of LFS being perfect I suggest Scawen, Victor, and Eric just retire and maybe even bump the price up. As stated dozens of times before by Licensed S3 racers, they wont mind if the devs stop now, because they deserve the extra money anyways.

Therefore, long live LFS, stfu noob, and you're wrong for having an opinion.

Sincerely,
Aspiring LFS forum whore.

PS: I think I have finally mastered the art of licking dev nutsack (no offense to Scawen, Eric, or Victor, you guys seem cool). Now I am one of the regulars on here!

You know I don't think most people here support the devs so they could kiss ass, but because they actually like what's going on.

So there you have people who like what's going on and then there are guys like you, who come in, start badmouthing the whole system and what do you expect????? Pats on the back??

There are few people here who insult you, but rather point out the obvious. I for one am going to say ur an idiot!
Any of you veteran guys remember back in the S2 demo talking about IDI team and the link to the site about forum raging? Does that ring a bell? It's the first thing that comes to mind when reading Dethred's posts. Just not worth responding too.
#86 - axus
Sorry if I repeat points, but I'm not reading through a 3 page thread to reply.

The LFS development model is in place because of the market - it so happens that racing sims are far from being complete. The whole market is behind because they aren't a very profitable market so the companies that are capable of developing one of these will not be interested, or they will skimp through the development, throw a canned engine in and pay off a bunch of professional drivers to say its good a la GTR. As such the only people that take this upon themselves are small development teams. In order to charge money for it and be competetive, they must quit their day jobs and put everything they have into the project. In the mean time they need money to survive. This is where the three stage model comes in, with you paying for the part of the sim that you get.
Quote from vyloveny :Tony01Ball01 - you are an IDIOT .
LOL.

What a well reasoned remark. I highly appreciate your useful contribution to this thread.
LOL. illepall
Only skimmed through the first page so ill say my 2cents even though Im sure its all been said b4. I like most have to disagree with all points, I like alot of ppl here on the forum come from back in the demo days before S1 when the physics were um.... interesting, but thats what made the game unique, you accually had to drive not just press the gas and turn, and the only damage was engine damage so the recent addition of visual damage is fantastic although not complete. As for the AI, there pretty bad but if you put them in a faster car and let them do a race or two to get a little better then they can be sorta fun to bang around with, as long as you keep in mind how they run, but LFS is and always will be sold as an ONLINE racing sim, so get urself on the track(get some good setups), make some friends an have fun.

Oh and the install, no wait there is no install, "you mean I dont have to wait a half an hour for it to install before I can play" wow that I think is a great feature.
Well, I want to give my word on this too.
LFS is the best online racing game in years!

I downloaded the demo, tested it, saw it was a Alpha release (I know what alpha means... can be very buggy, not ready software...)

I did like the demo, and I did'nt think that the license cost was too much so I bought it (couse if a pay the developer, he might continue to develope the game)

I have been racing every night since day one...
Lfs has been giving me much more enjoy that many of the other games I have been playing over my 20 years of gaming...

/micke

Edit: Dev. team keep up the good work!!!
I would like to say something only about the patch/game installation.

I know quite a alot of people who cant use ZIP but can use these awfull atomatic installations where are usually told steb by step what to do(not all the time though).
I hate this instllation/uninstllation packs as there is always some file/registry entry left in system.
I realy like the idea LFS using ZIP distribution as it make my system as clean as possible but why not to have 2 option to choose.
1 for noobs and one for the rest of us.
Quote from Tony01Ball01 :One more thing, the installation / upgrade procedure is pathetic. As the developer is keen to charge developer package style money, they should be prepared as a minimum, to provide a good quality installer / updater. Right clicking on zip files is for freeware only.

Sorry bud im being a little ofensive but that is just a plain foolnes.illepall

Where's the point in clicking that "next" button in installers , waiting for them for pre-unpacking , then reading all the terms, instaling and on the end reading again "thank you " message. Sorry but that accusation is somehow painful for me as I love LFS without installer!! I see installer completly unnecessary. Furthermore - no messing with registry , system files etc - Lfs Team thank you , I didnt pay though but thanks

GET THE ZIP FILE - UNZIP - OVERWRITE - DONE !!!!!!! SIMPLE AS THAT !!

greetings
Quote from Dethred :...when they act like jackasses and say stupid crap like "If you don't like it don't play it".

ROFL ...now I am a jackass and say crap. Very adult and respectful way of passing your point of view.
This gets more and more entretaining by the day. Lets see what I am tomorrow.

PS. For those who have not followed this thread, it was me who posted "If you don't like it don't play it", meaning, why bother discussing over a game? if you feel so strong about the flaws of a game, why bother even playing it (not to mention posting about it), get that other game that maybe you think is better. End of story.
If I play LFS for almost 3 years now, is because if have fun, sure there are flaws, but for me the pros are largely greater than those flaws, and with the aggregate bonus that in here you have a comitted dev team which makes every effort to solve those flaws, little by little.
So, my question is why bother wasting your precious time in something you dont enjoy?
Quote from colcob :Ah, but you can...

Add Dethred to your ignore list. Its done wonders for my blood pressure, although I do wish people would stop quoting his posts so I end up reading them.

http://www.lfsforum.net/profil ... serlist=ignore&u=7444

That's a good idea.

I implore others to do the same. Nothing good comes from reading this guy's posts.
his goal is simply conflict. doesnt matter if its unneccesary or if he's wrong. maybe his goal was to get some attention which we're giving him.
#95 - SamH
Yup.. anyone who has small children recognises this. Any attention.. even negative attention.. is attention nevertheless.

More to be pitied than blamed, I think, but someone who owns a S2 licence is probably too old to have his/her backside tanned.
#96 - Jakg
Quote from BrandonAGr :I for one like the installation from a zip, it's incredibly clean, I know exactly where all the files are. I wish more software did this.

one of the few peices of software you can carry on a memory stick or mp3 player without needing reg entries or a conversion (ala portableapps.com)
#97 - Jakg
Quote from Dupson :Where's the point in clicking that "next" button in installers , waiting for them for pre-unpacking , then reading all the terms, instaling and on the end reading again "thank you " message. Sorry but that accusation is somehow painful for me as I love LFS without installer!! I see installer completly unnecessary. Furthermore - no messing with registry , system files etc - Lfs Team thank you , I didnt pay though but thanks

GET THE ZIP FILE - UNZIP - OVERWRITE - DONE !!!!!!! SIMPLE AS THAT !!

greetings

just went from liveforspeed.net>download the 1 mb patch>spent 2 secs extracting the patch in 30 secs

Secondly, how many other games can you make a system to swap between patches in 30 secs?
Quote from rafo_cardenas :
ROFL ...now I am a jackass and say crap. Very adult and respectful way of passing your point of view.
This gets more and more entretaining by the day. Lets see what I am tomorrow.

PS. For those who have not followed this thread, it was me who posted "If you don't like it don't play it", meaning, why bother discussing over a game? if you feel so strong about the flaws of a game, why bother even playing it (not to mention posting about it), get that other game that maybe you think is better. End of story.
If I play LFS for almost 3 years now, is because if have fun, sure there are flaws, but for me the pros are largely greater than those flaws, and with the aggregate bonus that in here you have a comitted dev team which makes every effort to solve those flaws, little by little.
So, my question is why bother wasting your precious time in something you dont enjoy?

You're right, just because you say things as stupid as "Water is wet" and "The Sky is Blue", that doesn't mean you're a jackass. You guys always prove my point. You can criticize my approach to illustrating this to you, but do you expect me to try and get reasoning across to you via courtesy when you guys beg to be treated like halfwits? Get real.
#99 - SamH
Quote from Dethred :You're right, just because you say things as stupid as "Water is wet" and "The Sky is Blue", that doesn't mean you're a jackass. You guys always prove my point. You can criticize my approach to illustrating this to you, but do you expect me to try and get reasoning across to you via courtesy when you guys beg to be treated like halfwits? Get real.

You're clearly not interested in LFS. You're only interested in being inflamatory and obstructive. You've not made a single interjection with any purpose but to insult, agitate or otherwise aggrovate in as long as I can be bothered reading up. You are a wrecker. If this were a game server, you would be banned. Wreckers are not tolerated on LFS.
Quote from Gabkicks :his goal is simply conflict. doesnt matter if its unneccesary or if he's wrong. maybe his goal was to get some attention which we're giving him.

You almost figured it out, except you still replied despite your realization that repeated stupid remarks such as "Don't play it if you don't Like it" is fueling this. For instance my first post in this thread wasn't even serious, because I knew I'd get 10 moronic responses within a few minutes. At this point its just entertaining watching people get all huffy puffy and try and defend a piece of software. Seriously though, Based on what I always criticize (and most of you have said I was wrong about), and the patches which have fixed the problems, I have been consistently right.

I remember when all you tools were saying S2's Physics were perfact, hundreds of you. Does that mean the current set of physics is wrong? By 95% of you guys' opinions, everything since the S1 Demo physics are wrong. But you won't realize that will you?

PS: All you guys had to do was say "I'm sorry you feel that way" to the thread starter instead of shutting him out and saying his opinion is wrong. Instead, you all gave the benefit of the doubt to the game and not to the person critiquing it.

Feed it some more smart guys!
This thread is closed

a little short changed
(118 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG