The online racing simulator
a little short changed
(118 posts, closed, started )
Wrecker
Quote from SamH :You're clearly not interested in LFS. You're only interested in being inflamatory and obstructive. You've not made a single interjection with any purpose but to insult, agitate or otherwise aggrovate in as long as I can be bothered reading up. You are a wrecker. If this were a game server, you would be banned. Wreckers are not tolerated on LFS.

You obviously have a very small intellect. I entered this thread to try and make you fools that whitewashed the thread starter realize how rude you're being. Instead you did the expected and just made stupid comments about me, knowing I was just being sarcastic.

PS: I've been playing the game longer than you, I own an S2 license, I play several times a week... But sure, I understand how someone as constantly confused such as yourself feels that I am not interested in the game.illepall I was waiting for someone to say that, congrats SamH, you get the "Most predictable idiotic statement of the month" award.
Wrecker. Nothing more to be said.
Quote from rafo_cardenas :
ROFL ...now I am a jackass and say crap. Very adult and respectful way of passing your point of view.
This gets more and more entretaining by the day. Lets see what I am tomorrow.

PS. For those who have not followed this thread, it was me who posted "If you don't like it don't play it", meaning, why bother discussing over a game? if you feel so strong about the flaws of a game, why bother even playing it (not to mention posting about it), get that other game that maybe you think is better. End of story.
If I play LFS for almost 3 years now, is because if have fun, sure there are flaws, but for me the pros are largely greater than those flaws, and with the aggregate bonus that in here you have a comitted dev team which makes every effort to solve those flaws, little by little.
So, my question is why bother wasting your precious time in something you dont enjoy?

After actually reading past the first few sentences I had to respond again.

First of all, typing "ROFL" and then proceeding to sarcastically call someone else mature is the most Ironic thing I have seen in this thread to date.

Secondly, not knowing that someone can criticize a game for its flaws, say its on the right track, but still enjoy playing it, is beyond retarded. You have to be extra strength stupid to think that someone can't have any qualms about a product to use that product.

What your real problem is, though, is you don't understand that the devs created this forum and get many of their ideas for fixes and improvements FROM US. So when the majority of you are merely praising the game and shouting down criticism, you're HURTING the process. Its all right, someday you'll grow up and realize this is how it works.

PS: WHERE ON EARTH DID I SAY I DON'T ENJOY THE GAME??? COME ON, READ FOR GOD'S SAKES!
Quote from SamH :Wrecker. Nothing more to be said.

Maybe I don't play LFS enough to be insulted by the term wrecker. Maybe you should get out more?
Quote from Dethred :After actually reading past the first few sentences I had to respond again.

First of all, typing "ROFL" and then proceeding to sarcastically call someone else mature is the most Ironic thing I have seen in this thread to date.

Secondly, not knowing that someone can criticize a game for its flaws, say its on the right track, but still enjoy playing it, is beyond retarded. You have to be extra strength stupid to think that someone can't have any qualms about a product to use that product.

What your real problem is, though, is you don't understand that the devs created this forum and get many of their ideas for fixes and improvements FROM US. So when the majority of you are merely praising the game and shouting down criticism, you're HURTING the process. Its all right, someday you'll grow up and realize this is how it works.

PS: WHERE ON EARTH DID I SAY I DON'T ENJOY THE GAME??? COME ON, READ FOR GOD'S SAKES!

You say that we "fanboys" think that the game is perfect and beyond flaws is just stupid (not you i mean, just a way to put it) We "fanboys" know that lfs has its flaws, have you take a look lately at the test patches tthreads? or even the bugs section? Hell we might get over exited when a patch comes out, but that because we really enjoy the game, but after the new factor is gone, because thats when we have tested it enough to say that its a bug, or it was just a setup/mistake matter by the driver. We at any matter "stoped" the progress of the development, actually your the done doing it, i might be wrong here, but i didnt see you make one single post that has a... how can i say this... You say that the game sucks, but you have nothing to back up your opnion other tham "i think".

Sorry about typos or anything that you might not understand in my post, im tired, so it may not sound the way i planned, neither im trying to flame you Dethred
Mods...time to lock this puppy up I think. It's going around in circles and getting bloody ridiculous.
I've never used to Ignore List before, but I'm suddenly seeing it's uses. If Dethred says something useful, or something that contributes to LFS, even just a reasoned argument for or against something let me know. I won't be waiting up. Dethred, I'm sure you'll reply to this with some moronic statement attacking me, but I won't be able to read it. If you're small minded and petty enough you'll do it anyway, which will just prove that point.
I like the idea of releasing a sim in stages. If they didn't do that they would not have the $ to develop.. and even if they would have money, we would not have a sim (S3) until 2012..

I like to pay the devs directly as with LFS / Nkpro. I haven't touched Nkpro after day 1 but I don't regret buying it. Guys like Stefano and Scawen deserve some of my $ even though their sims aren't 'there' yet.
1st rule of Troll-stop: You do not respond to a troll.

2nd rule: You DO NOT respond to a troll.

3rd rule: You do not rise to the bait.

4th rule: If this is your first night at Troll-stop, you have got TO TRY to not respond.
4 pages

Just to add my opinion...LFS is not a finished product, we all know that...however i have run it for years, even since S1 and in that time its crashed about 3 times and that was last week with the new patch...which is now fixed.

I own GTL, GTR, Rfactor and Netkar...GTR was good on single player but still had lots of bugs and online racing consisted of 3 cars trying to stay on track for more than 5 turns. GTL is pretty much a slower and easier version of GTR, very much the same in terms of online racing and bugs. Rfactor has a few good mods and a slightly better damage modelling than lfs, but once again a lack of a decent online community lets it down. Netkar is by far my worst purchase, it was released as a finished product and it was so buggy i couldn't play it for more than 5 mins without a new crash popping up.

LFS is by no means perfect, and the physics still need a lot of improving as do other features...but imo after playing all the other sims on offer and giving them a fair amount of testing i still say LFS the unfinished Alpha version has better physics, better online racing, and is much more polished and bug free.
Quote from tristancliffe :If Dethred says something useful, or something that contributes to LFS, even just a reasoned argument for or against something let me know. I won't be waiting up. Dethred, I'm sure you'll reply to this with some moronic statement attacking me, but I won't be able to read it. If you're small minded and petty enough you'll do it anyway, which will just prove that point.

I won't have to do it. I have people PMing me with material almost daily.

"Well I saw the irony. I didn't think Yanks did irony.
Most of these people have their heads up their arses.
Good post." -Anon

"Hi there
I think you already know that, but I'd like to remind you that you have no chance against them concerning the argument. You have no reputation on the forum and you disagree with most people by not praising the game, which makes you a stupid bastard in their oppinion
As a matter of fact I agree with you in saying all they can do is flame people who are not over the moon from the current state of LFS, but you'll have to put up with that. That is forum community.

Regards
_______"

I don't have to say it anymore, two good PM's from other users. This is getting easier and easier.

Oh wait, if I don't include their names that must mean I wrote it. I am just waiting for you tools to say that.
Quote from Tyrion :1st rule of Troll-stop: You do not respond to a troll.

2nd rule: You DO NOT respond to a troll.

3rd rule: You do not rise to the bait.

4th rule: If this is your first night at Troll-stop, you have got TO TRY to not respond.

Whose the troll? The guy agreeing with the thread starter or the ones that come in bashing the thread starter's opinion and shouting him down? The irony is so thick I can taste it.

PS: JESUS CHRIST, I just realized a person with a lower post count tried to call the person defending the point of view of the thread starter a TROLL. Everyone that is on his side is *Officially* mentally retarded, there's no other way of explaining it. I wish I could use less crude terminology... but its just so fitting.
Dethred's friendship tour 2006
WILL BE VISITING YOUR TOWN SOON
check for times and locations
Quote from Dethred :.

PS: JESUS CHRIST, I just realized a person with a lower post count tried to call the person defending the point of view of the thread starter a TROLL. .

Hey what does he have to do with it? PS- be careful in thunderstorms.
Mmmmkay...
so what's this entire thread all about?
LFS is unfinished and has flaws? Wow, Sherlock(s), thankyouverymuch. Nobody noticed. Really. Nobody ever mentioned those flaws in countless threads. NOBODY. NEVER. EVER. REALLY.
illepall
Have a nice day.
Quote from maczo :Mmmmkay...
so what's this entire thread all about?
LFS is unfinished and has flaws? Wow, Sherlock(s), thankyouverymuch. Nobody noticed. Really. Nobody ever mentioned those flaws in countless threads. NOBODY. NEVER. EVER. REALLY.
illepall
Have a nice day.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you obviously haven't read much of the thread.
This is just getting silly now. Just going in circles with no way out and it's all the same old stuff from similar previous topics that ended in the same tired old way. I'm putting this thread to bed.
This thread is closed

a little short changed
(118 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG