The online racing simulator
no internet conection help stuff
(21 posts, started )
this thread is dedicated to people who are like me (must be someone) who doesnt have an internet connection on their gaming computer. i rely on blank discs, and a flash-drive to put stuff on my computer, like lfs. how do you get outgauge hooked up to your psp. i have pspdisp on my computer, and it is setup for the screen layout, but whenever i try to go into it on my psp, it doesnt work...i have cfw (custom firmware) on it that is nescesary to run it, but i don't think it is actually installed. when i try to enter pspdisp it says file is corrupt

please help me, and feel free to add other questions to it.
Where are you posting this from if you dont have a connection on your computer? If the computer your posting on is in your house, then why not just switch the connections?
i am a kid, my mom has a computer, and i have a computer...my moms is the internet one (sorry i diddnt say that before) and mine is well mine. mine is slow as crap, and i got a laggy demo version of lfs on my computer from a flash-drive . i want my psp to display my outgauge so it is more perfect
why not sell the psp, get a p/t job and get a new pc + internet ?
psp is awesome in the occasional extremely long road trip somewhere, cause i have 4 movies, and a few games. either way, what would it sell for? i am only 13 (14 is age requirement to get a job where i live ) 14 in july, when nobody is going to be hiring. i have a wii with a whole TON of stuff i wanna sell, but thats going toward a ps3, if my parents ever let me sell anything. so i am kinda screwed no matter what i do :weeping:
Quote from logitekg25 :so i am kinda screwed no matter what i do :weeping:

No you're not. You're not struggling to put food on the table, put petrol into your car, pay your bills and hold down a steady job. You just can't decide what console to keep.

As for the internet, get a USB wifi dongle for the PC. They start from less than $5
#7 - TiJay
I don't know what 3G is like in the States but over here you can get a 3G Pay as You Go USB thing for £30 and then pay £10 a month top up for 1GB of internet. If you really want internet but your parents don't want to have Wi-Fi/ethernet and can get your hands on $x then this is the easiest way.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No you're not. You're not struggling to put food on the table, put petrol into your car, pay your bills and hold down a steady job. You just can't decide what console to keep.

As for the internet, get a USB wifi dongle for the PC. They start from less than $5

Hey, thats me, right there in your post!

I love payday, bacause it is the only day every month when i'm not broke.
-
(mrodgers) DELETED by mrodgers
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No you're not. You're not struggling to put food on the table, put petrol into your car, pay your bills and hold down a steady job. You just can't decide what console to keep.

but people forget their limits and exceed them easily, also, for example my father was one of the first with the meteor one - perfect speed, within a week it went to dail-up speeds.

Broadband line.... also, since you in the states, price around - super high speeds for next to nothing ( depending where you live )
my mom thinks her router only supports 1 other computer is this possible??
Quote from logitekg25 :my mom thinks her router only supports 1 other computer is this possible??

If it supports one "other" computer, then wouldn't your PC be this "other" computer?

EDIT: Unless you mean the router only supports one computer, then it's not much of a router is it now?
Quote from theirishnoob :but people forget their limits and exceed them easily, also, for example my father was one of the first with the meteor one - perfect speed, within a week it went to dail-up speeds.

Broadband line.... also, since you in the states, price around - super high speeds for next to nothing ( depending where you live )

No, I meant an actual wifi card for the PC, to connect to his home router (assuming it has wireless, but I have yet to see one issued by an ISP, at least in this country, without it).

If it only supports one PC, it isn't a router, it's a modem
It could quite easily be a modem and 1-port router...
well...i might as well try and get a connection anyway...lets hop my 2003 dell can do it
Quote from pb32000 :It could quite easily be a modem and 1-port router...

That's just a modem. What's the point in having a cable going from the modem into the router, and then having just one port out on the router?
Well for example, Eclipse in the UK offer what they call a '1-port router' with their basic broadband.

One would assume a modem would plug directly into the computer, via USB probably, however it uses an ethernet connection, not really sure what to call it.

Edit: Seems I am sure what to call it lol, a 1-port router is correct.
But doesn't a 1-port router defeat the very purpose of a router, i.e., to route? The modems we've had have all been ethernet, and you could have them plug directly into the PC if you wanted.
Yeah it seems like a pretty pointless piece of equipment tbh. I guess though if it has a DHCP server etc it can be classified as a router. Presumably then it could be plugged into a switch or similar to serve multiple PCs.

Sorry we've wandered off topic a bit here.
Quote from pb32000 :Sorry we've wandered off topic a bit here.

you are not 'off' topic, you are just dicsussing what the hell i might have so what exactly do i need, so my computer can have internet...my computer is right on the other side of a wall to my moms. i do not want to drill holes, and want to keep it cheap
(if possible)
Either a USB wifi dongle, or if the router doesn't have wireless, you'll have to run an ethernet cable through the wall. If you're willing to spend a bit of cash (say, $60-70) you could get a powerline network kit, which just plugs into the wall. It uses the electricity lines in your house as the wiring, and you can plug in a receiver into any socket in your house, to get internet.
the usb wifi dongle sounds nice...if my 2003 gateway can handle wireless, i am happy

anyone else have any questions

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG