The online racing simulator
You just can't kill a Toyota pickup.
(33 posts, started )
Check this out, if you watch all three parts its epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

They did the folowing and it still ran!

- drove it down a flight of stairs
- crashed it into a tree
- dumped it in the ocean
- drove it through a building
- droped a trailer on it
- hit it with a wrecking ball
- blew up a tall building with it ontop.

And the damn thing still drove away from it all!

They definately don't make them like that anymore.
clearly fake but funny all the same,

ps dont post old videos... i mean videos you see every f-cking day...

/thread.
People don't belive something is possible and they call it fake, but I have seen a vehicle take that much abuse and keep running.

Someone came to the garage I worked at with an Eagle Vista mini van, the thing was so badly beat up you could hardly call it a vehicle anymore.

The body was twisted, the fenders where bent and rusted, the transmission and engine where actualy sitting partly sideways under the vehicle. There wasn't enough left of it to even lift, when we tried to lift it the vehicle started to fold in half. But it still ran!

The guy apearantly had never taken it for any general maintance. for all I could tell the same oil was in the engine from when it came from the factory.

People underestimate the build quality of older vehicles because they see all the crap produced now and assume that engines somehow got better when in fact they got worse.

I have a honda XL125s from 1981, this thing has seen so much abuse its not even funny. The person who had it before me put it through motorbike hell. Theres no turn signals left, not even the stocks for them. The forward sprocket cover is half missing, the tank is dented, the exhaust tip is completely gone, and the throttle had to be duct taped in place. I can't even imagine how many times he probably ran it over redline.

I plan on rebuilding it, but I could probably run it for another 20 years and it would just keep going.
You are exactly right. Today's cars are bullshit, too much fancy shit and too less endurance & survability.
Its an old school video
Anyway, I was surprised that car can handle drop from 10th stage.
Oh wow this is new thanks for sharing
Quote from The Very End :You are exactly right. Today's cars are bullshit, too much fancy shit and too less endurance & survability.

Can't agree on that, even my cheap old Corolla (nope, not a sprinter trueno "sports car") is much more sturdy and reliable than everything else I've driven.
2005 called, they want their video back?
It's an old video, but it is kinda nice I suppose.
I've seen it too often though.
Quote from theirishnoob :clearly fake but funny all the same,

ps dont post old videos... i mean videos you see every f-cking day...

/thread.

Then don't call it fake when it's not..
Quote from theirishnoob :clearly fake but funny all the same,

you fail so hard. Toyota Hiluxes are damn near indestructible. You see all the flimsy new cars and you'd be right if they did the same with one of them it probably couldn't even handle a trip down some steps but those old Toyotas are built like tanks.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :2005 called, they want their video back?
It's an old video, but it is kinda nice I suppose.
I've seen it too often though.

What do you expect from a Canuk? To them the Internet is still quite a new invention. He probably had to get a ride on a dog sled for 200 miles in America to get to the nearest phone line to get online.
Irishnoob being a **** again, it is real.
Personal experience....

1989 Truck - Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned or driven. 22RE motor. Heavily 4wheeled, hill climbed, and jumped. 139,000 miles and it ran better than anything I could have driven off the dealer lot brand new. Found that it leaked all the oil out onto the road in -20some F weather. I 4wheeled it all weekend putting about 400 miles on it before I found the puddle of oil where I parked it at the beginning of the weekend. No problems with it. Launched off the windshield of a Ford Probe putting a hole in the side of a van with the rear bumper (long story). Rear drivetrain and suspension ripped off the frame. Put in 4WD and the front wheels pulled it off the road. A little welding would have put the rearend back together and it could have been driven. I took the $8800 from the insurance company on the truck I paid $6000 for 2 years prior.

1988 4Runner - 22RE motor. Paid $5000. Mildly 4wheeled, few hill climbs, and jumped. 189,000 miles purchased with 105,000 miles. Never had antifreeze as I would fill it up, and an hour later the radiator was dry. Couldn't find leaks, no fluid in the oil, no idea where it was, thus I discontinued trying to keep it filled for the 84,000 miles I owned it. I changed the oil roughly around 160,000 miles because, well, I thought "why not". That was the only time the oil was changed. It was totalled spinning on ice and into a telephone pole. No insurance, thus I pieced it back together. Totalled by a deer jumping out in front of me from behind a tree at 65 mph (I was doing 65, not the deer....) I pieced it back together. Day after piecing the deer crash back together, another deer jumped off the bank on the side of the road. No damage, just a big tire donut on the side of the deer because that's where it hit. Sold for $2200 and ran fantastic.

1994 4Runner - 3.0L V6. Not much to say. Only owned it for 6 months. Will say that I climbed a very greasy hill with ease in the rain that my buddy had trouble with in 4WD and BFG MudTerrains while I was on stock Firestone All Terrains and realizing after the fact that it was still in 2WD.

1999 Tacoma - $12,000. 2.7L 4 popper (based on the 22RE) The only thing that killed it was the common frame rot of the Tacomas. Traded for $7700 the year before Toyota recalled and was buying back for 1.5x the excellent condition value. I would have gotten $13,500 for it if I would have been a year later in getting rid of it.

Unfortunately it is extremely difficult to find a late 80s, early 90s Hilux any more. I do have my eye on one with 140k at $4000, but I don't have $4000 at the moment. If it's still there in the future, I'm making an offer.
Thats bullshit
You're absolutely right, it probably is bullshit. I highly doubt I will make an offer on that truck in the future. $4000 is pretty steep for a 94 with 140k on it. It's valued at about $2500 I think (looked it up a while ago, but can't remember the exact number.) It has some rust in the bed which is to be expected.

As for the rest, no bullshit there. The 88 with 189k on it, I can't say there was much left of the body when I got rid of it. In total I put 200,000 miles on the collection of 4 vehicles and the only thing I ever had to "fix" was normal wear items (brakes, shocks, clutch in the 88, tires, and exhaust.)

Nope, scratch that. I had the clutch slave cylinder leak on me and the starter go out on me with the 88. Both were rebuilt for under $10 each.
Man this video is insane...i mean how the hell...
Not only that, but if you buy a toyota hilux NOW, the user manual references that episode. It states what top gear did to the truck, and how it just kept running -even though it was not street-legal, nor it can actually be driven, but the whole thing still moves, and steers (somewhat steers, it has a damaged front susp.)
Quote from DragonCommando :People don't belive something is possible and they call it fake, but I have seen a vehicle take that much abuse and keep running.

Someone came to the garage I worked at with an Eagle Vista mini van, the thing was so badly beat up you could hardly call it a vehicle anymore.

The body was twisted, the fenders where bent and rusted, the transmission and engine where actually sitting partly sideways under the vehicle. There wasn't enough left of it to even lift, when we tried to lift it the vehicle started to fold in half. But it still ran!

The guy apparently had never taken it for any general maintance. for all I could tell the same oil was in the engine from when it came from the factory.

People underestimate the build quality of older vehicles because they see all the crap produced now and assume that engines somehow got better when in fact they got worse.

I have a honda XL125s from 1981, this thing has seen so much abuse its not even funny. The person who had it before me put it through motorbike hell. Theres no turn signals left, not even the stocks for them. The forward sprocket cover is half missing, the tank is dented, the exhaust tip is completely gone, and the throttle had to be duct taped in place. I can't even imagine how many times he probably ran it over redline.

I plan on rebuilding it, but I could probably run it for another 20 years and it would just keep going.

my father had a hiace from new back in 1994 which blew up within 20k,

my aunt has a daewoo lanos with 240k Miles, never seen a garage in its life.

serviced 9 times. topped up with oil every once in a while, poxy thing Wont die.

though toyota's Basic engineering in this pick-up is reliable, most everything TG does is a piss take... haven't you figured that out by now or what ?

you have to take everything they do with a large slice of comedy cake.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :What do you expect from a Canuk? To them the Internet is still quite a new invention. He probably had to get a ride on a dog sled for 200 miles in America to get to the nearest phone line to get online.

LOL, I've never in my life been called that before.

You could try spelling it right though, its Canuck, with a C.
That is not fake, i remember watching that the first time it got aired. It was simply astonishing. TOP GEAR RULES...
Quote from theirishnoob :
though toyota's Basic engineering in this pick-up is reliable, most everything TG does is a piss take... haven't you figured that out by now or what ?

may I ask where the pisstake or fakery is in putting it on top of a tower block and collapsing it? Now if they'd put the damn thing at the base and then collapsed the tower block on top of it and the Hilux was fine we'd all be crying out fake, but as it stands they didn't, and it survived (barely). Can't you just accept that?
Quote from DragonCommando :LOL, I've never in my life been called that before.

You could try spelling it right though, its Canuck, with a C.

I knew it looked wrong, but I couldn't work out why. For some reason I seem to have forgotten how to spell a lot of words. I should have stuck with Snow Back
Quote from mookie427 :may I ask where the pisstake or fakery is in putting it on top of a tower block and collapsing it? Now if they'd put the damn thing at the base and then collapsed the tower block on top of it and the Hilux was fine we'd all be crying out fake, but as it stands they didn't, and it survived (barely). Can't you just accept that?

i sank a transit, emptied the engine of salt water and it ran first time - wheres the fords medal,

The only issue i have is that they put it on a pedistol to which, no more relyable viechale can touch it regardless of the fact that its better then it

Drop a vw beetle or corrolla, even an xzara will still run ( though the khilux has the 4x4 body, the driving off the expulsion is all that counts )
I wonder if any of you have seen what they did to a Honda cub 50 scooter on another show.

It was basicaly the same thing, exept that they even put cooking oil in the crank case and ran it like that. The engine ran no matter what they did to it and would not stop. A newer bike, and I know this from experiance, will not take that kind of abuse.

my 77' Honda XR75 mini crosser, and my 81' Honda XL125s dual sport are still faster and far more durable than modern offerings of the same engine size, infact my 75 is faster than a modern 100. I can run them through hell if I want to, although I won't. Infact, the previous owners of both bikes put them through motorcycle hell, and they still start and run like new to this day.

Pretty much this thread was started for two reasons, to show that video to people who may have not seen it, which is mostly people like myself who don't get that show on our cable. And to get a coversation going about the declining quality of vehicles made today. It's actualy achieving both things I intended.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Oh wow this is new thanks for sharing

:slap:

Anyway, car companies don't make cars like that anymore. My family has a 15 passenger van (I have a handicap brother, so it's been modded for a lift), and it has 215K miles on it, and all my dad had to do was a simple rebuild to the engine to make it not leak oil all the time. Still, runs great, and is very durable. They need to make cars durable and tough again.

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG