The online racing simulator
#1 - iRace
Follow my formula style Sim-Pod build!
Hey guys,

I'm building a formula sim pod on the cheap while trying to maintain high build quality. I'll be documenting the entire process in a blog and taking suggestions from you guys!

Enjoy!

http://recycledracer.wordpress.com/

Thanks,
TomServo
Whoa, thats something nice? I dont get it, are u making a movable car or just a seat (or something) where u can play games (with screen and that kind of stuff). If it will be a movable 4 wheeler - then good luck with making that
#3 - Fuse5
Quote from iRace :Hey guys,

I'm building a formula sim pod on the cheap while trying to maintain high build quality. I'll be documenting the entire process in a blog and taking suggestions from you guys!

Enjoy!

http://recycledracer.wordpress.com/

Thanks,
TomServo

Quote from hazaky :Whoa, thats something nice? I dont get it, are u making a movable car or just a seat (or something) where u can play games (with screen and that kind of stuff). If it will be a movable 4 wheeler - then good luck with making that

First read the post again, then look at the website and read. Kind of obvious, really.

Tom - an ambitious project you got there Best of luck to have enough motivation to finish it
#4 - MR_B
One of the few things that is being developed in this forum....

Good luck, and keep it updated! It'll come out great.
#5 - iRace
Thanks for all of the encouragement!

Quote :an ambitious project you got there

It is indeed but I'm too obsessed at this point to give it up!

Quote :One of the few things that is being developed in this forum....

Just trying to keep the fun alive!

Thanks again everyone for checking this out. I should update about once a week or so. Lately I've been much more active than that
#6 - amp88
Did you get any metal to go along with your rust?

Just kidding...looks like an interesting start to the project. Good luck with it
i hope things go well for you! i was thinking of building a pod myself. so I'll check this thread once in a while to see how things are going for you.
#8 - iRace
Hahaha thanks amp88 Tomorrow night im going to start wire-brushing... we'll see how much metal there actually is!
Quote :
i hope things go well for you! i was thinking of building a pod myself. so I'll check this thread once in a while to see how things are going for you.

I hope to prove that it can be done and to get more people building them!
Quote from Fuse5 :First read the post again, then look at the website and read. Kind of obvious, really.

Why do u always flame me?
Quote from hazaky :Whoa, thats something nice? I dont get it, are u making a movable car or just a seat (or something) where u can play games (with screen and that kind of stuff). If it will be a movable 4 wheeler - then good luck with making that

So it is just a seat! But long long ago, it was a real race car turning real laps! (my apologies to those over 30 or so as the 70's will NOT seem like long long ago.) Make sense??
Small update

Big updates on the way. Stay tuned for the next couple days!
'nother one
New Update! Part 1 of a three part-er
Update! Part 2!!
Update to the blog! "Part 3: All dressed up and no where to go" is up!
Little Update! Check back often! It'll be updated about once every 3 days or so
Did you give any consideration to buying a slider chassis or pod section of say a Formula First/Vee or a Formula Ford car and then modifying it? They can be found quite cheap, and it doesn't have to be in race condition either. Probably expect to pay about 1k to 2k.

Just a thought.
Hey there,

Yeah I did. Two things stopped me. Price, while cheap for a racecar isn't as cheap as possible (and that's what I'm going for). For the record, I've spent about $55 on this project. I'll have a full sim seat for under $100. Thats CHEAP. And number two is that, in all honesty, if i got my hands on anything that was even capable of being restored back to operating race condition, I would. I really wanted to both save money and give something that would normally go to the junkyard new life. It feels good that way and the piece you end up with has a sort of history to it.

So yes, it would probably be easier. But not nearly as fun or as interesting to read about
Quote from iRace :
So yes, it would probably be easier. But not nearly as fun or as interesting to read about

There's that, too. I enjoy the journey as well.

I can't wait to see it finished.
Quote from iRace : I really wanted to both save money and give something that would normally go to the junkyard new life.

I like the way you think!
Quote from MadCat360 :There's that, too. I enjoy the journey as well.

I can't wait to see it finished.

Me neither!!! Thanks for the support!

NEW POST!
New one up! Part 2!!
Attached images
CIMG1401.JPG
Great project. Following it with interest!
Quote from farcar :Great project. Following it with interest!

Thanks man! It's one heck of a project!!!

New post! Part 3
Attached images
CIMG1407.JPG
New Post Dudes! Monitor mount time!
Attached images
CIMG1438.JPG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG