The online racing simulator
#26 - WSR
That's quite an awesome project there...

So what do you plan to do/have when it comes to the computer system mounted in the rear?
Computer Crisis
Quote from WSR :That's quite an awesome project there...

So what do you plan to do/have when it comes to the computer system mounted in the rear?

Thanks so much!

This is currently up-in-the-air sadly. I had an old Shuttle X PC that i was going to beef up and adapt but It has one PCI slot and that is it. No AGP and certainly no PCI-E. I'm looking for a solution but it is eluding me at the moment. Money is tight, as everyone is aware, so a sponsorship from a gaming PC maker would really help, but that is probably very unlikely.

So... I don't know! It's something that is an unknown at this point.
New post guys
Attached images
CIMG1469.JPG
Quote from iRace :sponsorship from a gaming PC maker would really help, but that is probably very unlikely.

Have you tried approaching anyone yet or are you hoping on word of mouth to get attention?
Quote from amp88 :Have you tried approaching anyone yet or are you hoping on word of mouth to get attention?

I would definitely try approaching someone. Though I could use any guidance you may have as far as who to ask company wise/ who may be likely to help out. Obviously the deal would be largely trade for advertisement and exposure. I dunno. What do you think amp?
Quote from iRace :I would definitely try approaching someone. Though I could use any guidance you may have as far as who to ask company wise/ who may be likely to help out. Obviously the deal would be largely trade for advertisement and exposure. I dunno. What do you think amp?

I can't really be much help, sadly. I was just interested in what you had done. I have seen a few cases (normally on [H]ard|Forum) where people have managed to get sponsors for their system builds. This post, for example, details how someone was able to get some watercooling parts for their build from a local retailer. He's obviously gone to their shop (it's unclear whether he contacted them by phone/email before visiting their shop), met with the owners and they've done a deal based on the value of the parts they're willing to give against the value of the exposure they're going to get. If I were you I would think about doing the same sort of thing. Put together an information pack (including information on page views on your website, this forum and anywhere else you have posted, a timeline of your current progress and projected deadlines for the future and anything else you think you could bring to the table to interest potential sponsors (like appearances at trade shows, future sponsorship deals (both in virtual and real racing))). Once you've done that contact some local shops (in person or by phone/email) and see what they say. You might not get a brand new gaming system free but if you get a couple of hundred bucks off it's got to be worth it. Good luck.
Quote from amp88 :I can't really be much help, sadly. I was just interested in what you had done. I have seen a few cases (normally on [H]ard|Forum) where people have managed to get sponsors for their system builds. This post, for example, details how someone was able to get some watercooling parts for their build from a local retailer. He's obviously gone to their shop (it's unclear whether he contacted them by phone/email before visiting their shop), met with the owners and they've done a deal based on the value of the parts they're willing to give against the value of the exposure they're going to get. If I were you I would think about doing the same sort of thing. Put together an information pack (including information on page views on your website, this forum and anywhere else you have posted, a timeline of your current progress and projected deadlines for the future and anything else you think you could bring to the table to interest potential sponsors (like appearances at trade shows, future sponsorship deals (both in virtual and real racing))). Once you've done that contact some local shops (in person or by phone/email) and see what they say. You might not get a brand new gaming system free but if you get a couple of hundred bucks off it's got to be worth it. Good luck.

That's helpful, thanks. To be honest all I really need is a Motherboard with PCI-E slots and a processor around 3 ghz. I have extras of just about everything else. That should help my sponsorship quest. I'll still wait a while to see if anything like that surfaces before going to businesses.

If anyone that is reading can help out and donate(or sell for cheap) parts from a dead/dying computer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tommy
New post guys! Work is resuming!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG