The online racing simulator
Racer or Footballer?
(68 posts, started )
Quote from Kalev EST :I heard a saying that "football is a sport for gentlemen played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen".

One is a rough sport, the other is a rough crowd.
Quote from Becky Rose :
Case closed.

Case reopened, Brazilian womens football team posed for playboy, this is the only picture I could post without being banned...

...case closed.
Attached images
009.jpg
#53 - DeKo
Quote from amp88 :UEFA Euro 2008 Qualifying.

8 wins (including 2 against France (runners up in world cup 2006, winners of the world cup in 2002)). We were put out in the dying seconds of the last game against Italy with a very dodgy decision (and that's not bias talking, it was widely reported as a dodgy decision).

dodgiest decision ive ever seen, ive no idea why it was never investigated properly.
The thing is there a varible types of motorsports, F1 drivers need much more fitness then say a Touring car driver.
Quote from Mustafur :The thing is there a varible types of motorsports, F1 drivers need much more fitness then say a Touring car driver.

There are variable types of soccer too. Champions League footballers need much more fitness than old fat guys kicking the ball for fun.
Quote from Kalev EST :There are variable types of soccer too. Champions League footballers need much more fitness than old fat guys kicking the ball for fun.

It's a bit unfair to compare the SPL with Champions League football though. If they made a similar table for all kinds of motorsport I rekon endurance kart and motorbike racing would top the endurance chart.
triathlon people own the whole lot of them :P

An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organised by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) consisting of a 2.4 miles (3.86 km) swim, a 112 miles (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (26 miles 385 yards, 42.195 km) run, raced in that order and without a break.

these guys should be the fittest... dont see f1 driver or footballer doing that
#60 - DeKo
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's a bit unfair to compare the SPL with Champions League football though. If they made a similar table for all kinds of motorsport I rekon endurance kart and motorbike racing would top the endurance chart.

OI, cheeky.
Quote from BreadC :triathlon people own the whole lot of them :P

An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organised by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) consisting of a 2.4 miles (3.86 km) swim, a 112 miles (180.25 km) bike and a marathon (26 miles 385 yards, 42.195 km) run, raced in that order and without a break.

these guys should be the fittest... dont see f1 driver or footballer doing that

But a triathlete wouldn't last more than 5 minutes in an F1 at full speed! These statistics are useless because each sport requires different areas of fitness to be enhanced in different ways.

And there are different levels to 'endurance' and 'strength'. A triathlete wouldn't have the endurance or strength to handle an F1 car, but in the same way an F1 driver wouldn't have the strength or endurance to finish a long distance triathlon
Quote from pacesetter :I'd say rugby more than football personally.... But motorsport is physically demanding too....

I disagree .. Footballer plays 90 minutes for 1 , rugby is 80 . Depending on the position of course but a midfielder playing in the premiership(english league) cover alot of ground. Last season in the champions league semi final Frank Lampard covered a distance of over 8000 metres. Thats quite a bit more than a rugby player ..
Quote from aobrien :I disagree .. Footballer plays 90 minutes for 1 , rugby is 80 . Depending on the position of course but a midfielder playing in the premiership(english league) cover alot of ground. Last season in the champions league semi final Frank Lampard covered a distance of over 8000 metres. Thats quite a bit more than a rugby player ..

How much does a rugby player cover, then?
Rugby is much more tiring on your body then Football due to much more parts of the body behing worked.

F1 is also alot about mental strength.

i heard somewhere the avage F1 driver uses less then 1/3rd of the energy of doing a simple task like driving at a normal speed and shifting gears then a regular person because they are extremely mentely fit
"Mental reserve" is what it's called. Basically it's the ability to multi-task. I wonder if women are better mentally-equipped for F1 than men, since it's scientifically proven that women are better at multi-tasking?
Quote from RebelRider :I know this thread has almost a week old...but this can help the topic's question

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Football #10 -> endurance: 7.75
Auto Racing #32 -> endurance: 5.88

Yeah and any "study" that finds that either Boxing or Football require more strength than wrestling doesn't know what it's talking about and clearly doesn't understand the difference between strength and power in physiology. Neither Boxing or Football require hardly any strength. They certainly don't require more/same strength as wrestling and no way on earth do they require around 90% of the strength of a weight lifter.
Quote from samjh :..... since it's scientifically proven that women are better at multi-tasking?

You mean it's been scientifically proven that women are worse at focusing on one job with out being distracted?

Racer or Footballer?
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG