The online racing simulator
so he obviously couldn't of bought a lewis hamilton T-shirt or cap.
Quote from gezmoor :IME Spanish people on the whole don't have the immediately negative interpretation of making the distinction between a person being black or white. To a large extent, culturally they see no problem with making the distinction, feeling on the whole that purely making the distinction is and of itself is not racist or prejudiced.

indeed
all that black makeup says about hamilton is that he is black which last time i checked is exactly what he was
all that calling a fat person fatty is is saying that they're fat, which last time i checked they are... doesn't mean they wont find ti offensive, because even if they are/aren't ashamed of being fat, they know you think it's something worth teasing.
I think the guy will be pleased with all the attention that is given to it...
Quote from BenjiMC :so he obviously couldn't of bought a lewis hamilton T-shirt or cap.

People would think hes a hardcore fan rather then making fun of him.
Quote from BenjiMC :all that calling a fat person fatty is is saying that they're fat, which last time i checked they are... doesn't mean they wont find ti offensive, because even if they are/aren't ashamed of being fat, they know you think it's something worth teasing.

my god youre thick
fat is an insult overweight and black isnt
the equvalent to your stupid example would be the guy walking around with ****** written on his forehead
Quote from Shotglass :my god youre thick
fat is an insult overweight and black isnt
the equvalent to your stupid example would be the guy walking around with ****** written on his forehead

black isn't, but doing what he did is. Thick bastard
In the UK, perhaps. But apparently not in Spain.

Is it the lack of cultural perception being shown in this thread the lack of ability or lack of willingness?

I personally find the guy's action to be distasteful, but that doesn't necessarily make him wrong. I've never been to Spain, but if the Spanish culture tolerates such actions, who are we to cry about it? We're talking about perceptual differences here, not physical harm, defamation, etc.
Quote from BenjiMC :all that calling a fat person fatty is is saying that they're fat, which last time i checked they are... doesn't mean they wont find ti offensive, because even if they are/aren't ashamed of being fat, they know you think it's something worth teasing.

So what you're saying yourself is that being black is as pejorative as being fat? I'll repeat my example, if you dress up as a chick to make fun of Paris Hilton does it make you sexist??? If a guy wants to make fun of a ginger person he can wear a ginger wig, but if he wants to make fun of a black person he can't paint himself black?

Stop victimizing yourself...Have some dignity and integrity. The racist history and present of this world doesn't mean I have to be over-protective or over-cautious not to harm a black man's feelings. I'm not going to pretend he's not black, just as I won't pretend an asian person is not asian. Most of us are well past over these differences, and I find it more insulting to you for anyone to jump through hoops not to risk making you feel bad. I don't owe shit to people with black or yellow or white skin other than respect as a totally equal human being. I will treat them as an equal person, and I WILL make fun of them just as I would with another person. This is equality.
Thats whats stupid, people are soo overprotective about it then its okay for them to be racist to whites.

it will take a few more years untill the masses realise this.

Quote from Paranoid Android :So what you're saying yourself is that being black is as pejorative as being fat? I'll repeat my example, if you dress up as a chick to make fun of Paris Hilton does it make you sexist??? If a guy wants to make fun of a ginger person he can wear a ginger wig, but if he wants to make fun of a black person he can't paint himself black?

Stop victimizing yourself...Have some dignity and integrity. The racist history and present of this world doesn't mean I have to be over-protective or over-cautious not to harm a black man's feelings. I'm not going to pretend he's not black, just as I won't pretend an asian person is not asian. Most of us are well past over these differences, and I find it more insulting to you for anyone to jump through hoops not to risk making you feel bad. I don't owe shit to people with black or yellow or white skin other than respect as a totally equal human being. I will treat them as an equal person, and I WILL make fun of them just as I would with another person. This is equality.

I see you chose to ignore the bit where i said 'even if they are/aren't ashamed' also it was used as an example, not a perfectly similar situation. I'm not victimizing myself, i'm saying that the guy shouldn't of done what he did, it is racist because it is something that has been used in the past to racially abuse people and has that history. It's like walking into a synagog with numbers tatooed onto my wrist and then parading it to everyone. You just don't do it but like i said before, you wont understand the effect that that has on a black person because your not black and haven't experienced racism like that.

A lot of you guys seem to think racism is non-existent anymore, like it just died one day never to come back, you guys need to get out more. You talk about respecting people but you chose to neglect the past history of what this guy is doing. What it has been used for in the past is extremely important as to how it gets treated now, as is with anything. For example if someone breaks the rules in a race, and then another person does the same thing next race and only one of them gets penalised, then thats unfair no? Same situation, only imo more serious.

For years people would use black face paint in a racial way to degrade black people and after a while it got seen for what it was, wrong, and taken off the air. Now this guy is doing it and it's ok all of a sudden? Because we don't live in those days anymore. Then what is the point in history and past mistakes if we don't learn from them?
Quote from BenjiMC :I see you chose to ignore the bit where i said 'even if they are/aren't ashamed' also it was used as an example, not a perfectly similar situation. I'm not victimizing myself, i'm saying that the guy shouldn't of done what he did, it is racist because it is something that has been used in the past to racially abuse people and has that history. It's like walking into a synagog with numbers tatooed onto my wrist and then parading it to everyone. You just don't do it but like i said before, you wont understand the effect that that has on a black person because your not black and haven't experienced racism like that.

A lot of you guys seem to think racism is non-existent anymore, like it just died one day never to come back, you guys need to get out more. You talk about respecting people but you chose to neglect the past history of what this guy is doing. What it has been used for in the past is extremely important as to how it gets treated now, as is with anything. For example if someone breaks the rules in a race, and then another person does the same thing next race and only one of them gets penalised, then thats unfair no? Same situation, only imo more serious.

For years people would use black face paint in a racial way to degrade black people and after a while it got seen for what it was, wrong, and taken off the air. Now this guy is doing it and it's ok all of a sudden? Because we don't live in those days anymore. Then what is the point in history and past mistakes if we don't learn from them?

No offence but your racist, saying that painting your face black degrades black people its just racist in itself.

seriously if you can think of a logical point on how it was racist please explain.
God this is boring.
Plus one.

Only thing I can say is I hope Barcelona gets dropped from the calendar, it's such a dull circuit.
I'd rather have Valencia erased from the calendar. Whats wrong with Barcelona?
That bloody chicane they put in.

TBH Both Valencia and Barcelona should be dropped, and F1 should head off to Jerez or Jarama for a Spanish GP, but what are the chances? Jerez could host and F1 race with not much extra work, but there are some rather silly political reasons why it dosen't host a GP anymore.
Quote from BenjiMC :A lot of you guys seem to think racism is non-existent anymore, like it just died one day never to come back

Sorry, but people like you are keeping it alive So you can't take some humor? Hamilton DOES have darker skin (what's the "polite" word, if i say "black" is that racist?).
I mean we are not living in that age anymore, "darker-skin" people are no longer whipped on the boats and all that stuff... so let it go, accept humor and acknowlegde that we are ALL the same. We have 4 skin colors, black, white, yellow (although this is white, i don't why they call it yellow) and Red (Indians). That's all nature.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry, but people like you are keeping it alive So you can't take some humor? Hamilton DOES have darker skin (what's the "polite" word, if i say "black" is that racist?).
I mean we are not living in that age anymore, "darker-skin" people are no longer whipped on the boats and all that stuff... so let it go, accept humor and acknowlegde that we are ALL the same. We have 4 skin colors, black, white, yellow (although this is white, i don't why they call it yellow) and Red (Indians). That's all nature.

The reason people get so irate about this whole thing is because the day we forget or disrespect our past is the day we repeat it! People seem to forget that we are just humans not some advanced beings. I'm not against dressing up or what not btw
Quote from Joris :I think the guy will be pleased with all the attention that is given to it...

Exactly.
Quote from Intrepid :The reason people get so irate about this whole thing is because the day we forget or disrespect our past is the day we repeat it!

so what does not making a big deal out of painting your face black have to do with forgetting that non white races used to be enslaved?
also if you need history to tell you that enslaving people is wrong and doubly so if based on something as silly as the colour of their skin i think you might have deeper issues to deal with that sleeping through history lessons in school (ie sleeping through the lessons that were supposed to teach you about kants and christian (essentially interechangeable as far as dealing with other humans is concerned) ethics)

also lets not forget what the peer reviewed definition of racism is:
Racism is the belief that race that determine the behaviour and success of individuals within that group and includes the belief that there is a natural hierarchical ordering of groups of people so that superior "races" can dominate inferior ones.
how this definition relates to the disability to press the right buttons of some guy whos apparently talented at driving cars (that dont have buttons on their wheels) quickly is anyones guess
People were not smart enough to know the difference when they started doing it in the first place, only now that we have learnt from past mistakes are we able to understand the difference. History is soemthing that should never be forgotten, no matter what it is.

But i'm done trying to show you why it's wrong, your too ignorant.
Soap box city here.

We all know what racism is and what it isn't, that idiot with the steering wheel was putting shit on one person that drives a silver formula one car that has Vodaphone plastered all over it , not an entire race of people he was making fun of one individual .
Quote from BurnOut69 :I'd rather have Valencia erased from the calendar. Whats wrong with Barcelona?

Get rid of both and put Jerez.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG