The online racing simulator
Sports Prototype?
(40 posts, started )
Sports Prototype?
First of all, I love new F1 car, it drives superbly well. I don't know if the developers have a Le Mans type sports Prototype (Audi for example)in the planning stage. A car of that type would be great if you wanted to go in for endurance type event. What do you all think?
LFS definately needs one. I will be bitterly disappointed if we dont get one eventually.
#3 - joen
+1

I agree, a car like that would be a great addition to LFS It would make sense having it
:up:
I would die from happyness if rotary engines were added.. catch my drift yet? *cough* 787B *cough*
/me approves

But i think this topic should go in the improvement suggestion forum...
Yesterday i got in the mail my Exoto Sauber C9 protoype 1:18, gorgeous, i'd give my left testicle to see it in the game.
A Group C or LMP1 (preferably GTP) and ~30-35 clients per Server and Masters of Endurance would be in heaven.

Prototype class and GTR class at the 24h of Aston. Uh, that would so be a dream come true.
I have seen (and heard) those beautiful Group C cars and the LMPs of the LMES last year at the Nürburgring and have to say.....I always loved the Group C cars for their looks and performance.....now I also love them for their sound.....just wonderful race cars.....even better than the LMPs in my opinion.....

The most beauftiful sound a race car can make? To me the Porsche 956/962.....simply amazing!
Basically the big GTRs are quite close tot he DTM cars in terms of power. Though the LFS cars look more brutal

Something like the XRR/FZR but 200hp more power and I'll give my left testicle too!
I have already stated before i'd love a group C - if i'll ever be tempted away from single seaters, it'll be a group C or a go kart that does it.

Reliving the glory days of Silk Cut Jag's racing wheel to wheel with the Porcshe 962C's and (sadly somewhere further back) my beloved Aston Martin's.

That would be heaven on wheels .
Quote :The most beauftiful sound a race car can make? To me the Porsche 956/962.....simply amazing!

It would also have that turbo that SCAVIER love so much. Then throw in a Jaguar XJR-9 for a V12 and a Sauber C 9 for a B8 and you'd even have different engines in the class. Or just keep it to one chassis and engine for great balance and great experience.
I dobut Group C would be on the cards as it's already been done recently with the GTP mod for N2003. Possibly though BMW Sauber could let the devs do a Sauber Group C car?

More likely would be an LMP style prototype (maybe the 1999 BMW LMR12 ?)

Or possiblly BMW could provide historic cars for LFS? BMW CSL, M1, Lola F2 car, Chevron or Mclaren F1 any would be pretty amazing
We're probably more likely to get a modern LMP1 car as Group C wouldn't really fit in with the modern cars on offer

TWR Jaguars all the way, although I'd love to have a Zytek chassis in the game.
Quote from WorldFamous :We're probably more likely to get a modern LMP1 car as Group C wouldn't really fit in with the modern cars on offer

But we live in a LFS world, here we can have any kind of cars same time on the track.
A Group C car would be mental on those long flatout tracks in LFS. Hell, if we got some of them with qualifying engines and mapping they would give the BF1 a run for its money down the straights.
Quote from Hoellsen :It would also have that turbo that SCAVIER love so much. Then throw in a Jaguar XJR-9 for a V12 and a Sauber C 9 for a B8 and you'd even have different engines in the class.

lets not forget about the roatry mazda dunno the exact name but the noise is just lovely

Quote from WorldFamous :Hell, if we got some of them with qualifying engines and mapping they would give the BF1 a run for its money down the straights.

the bf1 wont stand a chance against 1200 hp cars nudging 400 down the straights
Quote from Shotglass :is that an lmp2 or lmp1 ?

either way lmps just dont compare to group c cars ... especially not if we get full control of the turbo and qualy tyres

dunno what it is. im not interested in its specs i just think thats the sort of car shape lfs needs. It looks like an endurance racer should.
because we have enough single seater open wheelers?
Le mans, definately, oh man i want one

i would love to see it with more impressive lighting and night time tracks though, not sure if i would want the le mans car held back until then .... but i could be prepared to wait if its going to be 1 big addition.

Sports Prototype?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG