The online racing simulator
My vision of a LFS advertisement video
Sorry about the spacing! I typed it as it came!

Quote :Starts with a black screen. Then one image pops in with dramatic thump. This image shows the main menu of LFS S2 on a single computer monitor. Another image than thumps in next to it of a similar picture, yet obviously another monitor and surroundings. then with a steady increasing tempo, more and more images of the same styles start appearing and then it zooms out and the pictures get smaller and a massive amount of these images fill the screen in the hundreds, to an extent that each picture is about half an inch each. As the last 3 seconds worth of pictures finish appearing, suddenly they all of smush together quickly and leave a empty space of about 640x480 in the middle of them all. The movie in the center quickly thumps in. Everything is silent, all that is shown on screen is a very low to the ground image showing from one side of the road to the other straight on. You hear the increasing sound of multiple engines roaring and racing about in the near distance, quickly they get louder and louder and then whizzz a car speeds by the camera. But when this happens one of the small pictures surrounding the video gets sucked extremely fast "into" the car as it passes by. then all of a sudden a ton of other cars come roaring by in a rainbow of different colors and textures. With each car a small image sucks into each car as it passes. The movement of cars goes so fast you barely see whats happening. As the last image is sucked from the outer surrounding area. The screen goes black with a uneasy amount of pause (to keep you on the edge wondering what the heck??) though you hear the engines traveling farther away to silence. Then it quickly vanishes and then your bombarded with high action packed footage of lots of racing of different cars on different tracks, with some adrenaline music lightly faded into all the engines roaring about. It shows all aspects in the footage like I mentioned and also goes through a quick turn of each interior of the different cars view while they are racing. Then it shows it stop on one interior. The view is tilted to the right in a realistic manner to look at the car next to him and you can visibly see the other driver looking back. then the screen shows a fast speed run 'down view of a drag strip tree light hitting green and then it quickly fades off to a autocross movie with some nasty drifting and smoke. At the end of this sequence, it shows a helicopter view and all the cars are perfectly aligned displaying the LFS S2 logo and in each one a representing color of the logo as if they painted it with their cars. Even the curves are correct because those cars are smashed to reflect it. Basically, its near perfect and you can clearly see what it says. as a ending the the LFS s2 logo fades into focus directly over where they were. Now of course I didn't mention, but through out the whole video you could have subtitles with words describing features and what not with some possibly catchy slogan.

Well, Im not spell checking all that for correct grammar, but hopefully you get my vision. Just something I day dreamed up while boring myself to death at work!!

:-)!

Cool, make it happen.
#3 - Jakg
if you want an add, look at "This is S2"
#4 - bbman
Quote from Jakg :if you want an add, look at "This is S2"

Nope, "Just racing" is the one you'd want to advertise Lfs...
Where are these advertisements posted you two mention? I doubt they are as innovative as mine of course lol ... , but I'd like to watch them..
#6 - (SaM)
Sounds really interesting! I'm absolutely tempted to go and make this one happen. Too bad my time schedule doesn't allow it.
Quote from bbman :Nope, "Just racing" is the one you'd want to advertise Lfs...

where can I find this?? I wanna watch it now

edit: nevermind I found it
Personally I prefer "This is S2"
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Of course Tristan will prefer "This is S2", wonder why

Personally I think "Just Racing" is the best LFS video ever, but This is S2 is a damn close runner up.
Quote from bbman :Nope, "Just racing" is the one you'd want to advertise Lfs...

Seconded, with the BF1 slomo running close second. All Just Racing needs is an update to patch physics and some shots of the BF1.
i cant read that without spacing.. jeez !!
Quote from thisnameistaken :I downloaded it just now. Fair enough, but what the hell was that music? I had to stop the movie less than half-way in because I was scared the taste police were going to bust in any minute and cart me off.

It's Vanilla Ninja - Cool Vibes. They were, iirc, Switzerlands entry into last years Eurovision. It was the only song I heard of Eurovision (thank god), and I quite liked it. But then, I've never been noted for having 'standard' music tastes. Then again, I don't tend to like most things that are 'fashionable', 'cool' or 'popular', partly BECAUSE they are 'fashionable', 'cool' or 'popular'.

And if they Taste Police cart you off, it's no biggie on me
So where do we find hundreds and hundreds of monitors showing LFS menus?
-
Completely offtopic but remember to watch this year's Eurovision. Even if you have it (like I do too) because Finland's entry song will be something very amusing and extraordinary...

Little hint: http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/videos/Lordi.wmv
-
I hadn't seen "This is S2" but watched it because of the reference in this thread. Thanks, Tristan, for an extremely amusing 3 minutes and 3 seconds.
Quote from deggis :Completely offtopic but remember to watch this year's Eurovision. Even if you have it (like I do too) because Finland's entry song will be something very amusing and extraordinary...

Little hint: http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/videos/Lordi.wmv

Lol, are they really singing for Finland? I know "Devil is a loser" from them.

I hope, they'll win. And Germany one of the 5 last as always and well deserved.
ahh the Eurovision song contest, always bring us something to laugh at. Been watching it every year since 1998.. ahh the memories...

shame about all the political voting. it in...

mad
Quote from zeugnimod :I know Devil is a loser

And who told ja that :evil:
:ices_rofl

:shhh: I dont name my secret sources.
Quote from zeugnimod :Lol, are they really singing for Finland? I know "Devil is a loser" from them.

Yup. For me the band's music is just complete "mainstream crap" but of course it's more "real music" (at least played with real instruments) than all of those other Eurovision europop songs together. But the band has been always kind of a joke band with ironic attitude, so now they'll just take away the free TV time they can get.

I'm eager to wait what kind of reaction it will get... especially in the more religious European countries. Probably not very pleased. Aged people have been completely tilted here and there have been a big hullaballoo in the media after Lordi won the tryouts. I'll hope they get all the pyrotechnics in the show. At least this time Finland will get the last place with a style!
Where I find 'this is S2' and 'just racing' ? Can't follow the topic
Well, "This is S2" and "Just Racing" are both fantastic!

How long did it take to put either of those together?

Anyone (like me up until 10 minute ago) who hasn't watched them, really should
Overall I like "Just racing" a little better. It just shows more realistic racing action and it's very well cut imho. Also, I like the music better (except for the criss-cross-part). Plus: the Allian skins are in it and play sort of a major role . However, the intro of "This is S2" is pretty darn awesome, so, I think, a combination of the two would be the perfect LFS ad .
This is S2 was my first ever movie edit of anything. It took about 10 days to learn and fiddle to that standard, and there are lots of bits that annoy me about it. Oh, and by the way, the fast scrolling text was actually MEANT to be that fast, to give the impression of just how much stuff is in S2.

I know it's not perfect, and far from the 'best LFS movie' ever. But I'm pleased that a lot of people have enjoyed it. One day I plan to have a go at a second movie, but we'll have to wait until the summer to consider things like that seriously.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG