The online racing simulator
Did all that but still get that error. Nobody else problems?

Downloaded the standalone and that works.
There is a new version of the remote available. It's on a test url for now, but i think it'll replace the regular one quite soon.

The new version can be found at http://www.lfsworld.net/remote2/
Though it looks the same at first sight, it's completely rewritten and special care has been taken to avoid memory problems.
It has new features as well. You can now rotate the map by holding down CTRL and dragging the map from left to right. You can also zoom in a bit further than before.
I'll write a list of changes here :

-Rotate map
-Better zooming
-Better control of text size under zooming
-Click position button now shows some (gathered) stats
-Drag position button on top of another racer in the list to compare
-Add racers to compare area by dragging their position button to the compare area
-Added Spectate/Kick/Ban buttons when you're admin and viewing someone's stats
-Fixed memory issues
Now THAT'S a great update, thanks!
Cool, thanks for update
Cool
Great update indeed! One question.. in the future will it be possible to compare more than two racers' stats? That would make it a perfect tool for race tracking
This new compare thing should be useful in some longer races. At least I'll try to run it on a laptop next to my rig next time. Good stuff

By the way, with an option to add laps for a selected car it would be a lot clearer for 24h races as well. You know, putting the disconnected cars in their appropriate places :P
Quote from traxxion :Great update indeed! One question.. in the future will it be possible to compare more than two racers' stats? That would make it a perfect tool for race tracking

To compare the first 2, you drag the position of one onto the drivers name of the other.

To compare more, drag the position number to the compare boxes in the lower left.

Nice update, thx!
Quote from Bean0 :To compare the first 2, you drag the position of one onto the drivers name of the other.

To compare more, drag the position number to the compare boxes in the lower right.

Gotcha, thanks, very nice!!
Very nice update Victor! Compare and rotating FTW!
This remote is useful, and the update is
Yay! More tools to help with commentary! Thanks Vicc
Man! Top notch, really nice features.
The smooth map is nice to.

Thanks Bean0 for instructions.
It all makes sense when you know how.
Absolutely awesome update, top stuff!

Only thing I will say is that there is no way of going back to the list of hosts... unless I'm being plain stupid!

Edit: Also, there is no way to spectate/kick/ban someone that isn't on track.
Click the hostname for the list of hosts (i knew that was going to be a little problematic).
Spectating someone not on track is not possible Banning / kicking, yeah there aren't any buttons to do that if they're not on the track, but there's no room to put buttons for everyone. Manual commands can still be entered of course.
I tried to compare and failed miserably, i dragged the position button in the bottom left onto a racer and nothing happened What am i doing wrong or am i not looking inthe right place for it?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I tried to compare and failed miserably, i dragged the position button in the bottom left onto a racer and nothing happened What am i doing wrong or am i not looking inthe right place for it?

Quote from Bean0 :To compare the first 2, you drag the position of one onto the drivers name of the other.

To compare more, drag the position number to the compare boxes in the lower left.

-added a button in the compare to toggle sorting of racers by position

-if you now drag from a position button onto someone else's position button (ie. straight down or up) you are selecting all the players between source and target buttons. Ie. you can select multiple or all of the racers at once now with one drag.
Dragging the position button on top of a racer name will only compare the two.

-added big cars option again as apparently some ppl used it
Like the new updates a lot

Is it me or has the "Show list of hosts" button disappeared?
Quote from Victor :There is a new version of the remote available. It's on a test url for now, but i think it'll replace the regular one quite soon.

The new version can be found at http://www.lfsworld.net/remote2/
Though it looks the same at first sight, it's completely rewritten and special care has been taken to avoid memory problems.
It has new features as well. You can now rotate the map by holding down CTRL and dragging the map from left to right. You can also zoom in a bit further than before.
I'll write a list of changes here :

-Rotate map
-Better zooming
-Better control of text size under zooming
-Click position button now shows some (gathered) stats
-Drag position button on top of another racer in the list to compare
-Add racers to compare area by dragging their position button to the compare area
-Added Spectate/Kick/Ban buttons when you're admin and viewing someone's stats
-Fixed memory issues

i love it... it doesn't say practise anymore when my server is empty.
Very nice update Victor. I use it pretty much, very usefull tool.

I like the new compare mode, really awesome!

- I guess the .exe version will also be available in some time?
yeah I'm just finalising it and when i copy it over to the regular folder on our server i'll make the exe's too (later today or tomorrow)
#325 - Aid
what i would enjoy a lot is a little history of laptimes of selected driver... do you think you could do something like that in future updates?

LFS Remote / Spectator
(378 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG