The online racing simulator
Racer or Footballer?
(68 posts, started )
Quote from DeKo :there only is 1 proper type of football, all that american and aussie rubbish is handegg.

You still left out two other possible types of football. Association or Rugby Union? Even so, Scotland has never won the Ruby World Cup, and didn't even qualify for the last Soccer World Cup (nor the one before that).
Quote from Kalev EST :Stronger? Then it's still footballers. F1 racers are short and skinny. They're 165-175 cm tall and are on a heavy diet to keep their weight down. The only part physically stronger on a racer is their neck muscles.

Fitter? They both have to fit. But since a football match and a GP take roughly the same time and a footbaler uses twice as much energy during that time, then saying racers have to be more fit is kind of far fetched.

Tbh, it seems you're just changing the question so that you'd be right and you're still not. Next time say "oh yeah, I meant mental strength, damn my English". Then I could agree that it's the racer.

Not true, as you see an F1 driver could play football game for 90 mins quite easily(not at a pro level though).

The fittest of football players would last mere laps in a F1 car due to the levels of G being much to extreme.

Its not about the energy they burn, its about the stress there bodys are going through in that time and for that F1 drivers are clearly ahead.
If you count the RedBull Airace pilots as racers then i think we have a clear answer.
Quote from Mustafur :Not true, as you see an F1 driver could play football game for 90 mins quite easily(not at a pro level though).

Where did you pull that statement out from?

Well, depends what "not at a pro level" means. If you mean standing around for 85 minutes and running a bit for 5 minutes, then yes.
Quote from DeKo :there only is 1 proper type of football, all that american and aussie rubbish is handegg.

Oh I don't know, that Aussie rules football is pretty entertaining if you ask me. Not as good as Rugby, but a whole lot better than football.
what about putting it this way. Name an unfit racing driver... name an unfit football player (goofy ronaldo)
Quote from Mustafur :If you count the RedBull Airace pilots as racers then i think we have a clear answer.

We wouldn't.

The courses only run for one or two minutes. The G-forces are different from F1. In F1, the emphasis is in lateral G-forces, while in aerobatic flying, the emphasis is on vertical G-forces.

An air race pilot would have difficulty enduring a GP-length race in an F1 car. Similarly, an F1 driver would have difficulty maintaining concentration in an air race course.

Quote from BenjiMC :what about putting it this way. Name an unfit racing driver... name an unfit football player (goofy ronaldo)

Well, that would be entirely relative to their peers. I've read that Keke Rosberg used to smoke like a chimney.
Quote from samjh :Rallying isn't physically that demanding, the demand is more mental than physical.

LOL. thats up there with the most ridiculous things i've read this year!
Quote from banister :LOL. thats up there with the most ridiculous things i've read this year!

Not that ridiculous really. It depends on the level and conditions, of course. Most rallying occurs at club-level, and that only requires somewhat above-average fitness (same for tin-top club racing). We're not talking about the Dakar or the WRC here, as that would be at the extreme high-end.
Quote from samjh :Not that ridiculous really. It depends on the level and conditions, of course. Most rallying occurs at club-level, and that only requires somewhat above-average fitness (same for tin-top club racing). We're not talking about the Dakar or the WRC here, as that would be at the extreme high-end.

I would suspect the fittest people involved in motorsport would be motorcross etc riders, though I have no objective evidence of it.
Quote from zeugnimod :Where did you pull that statement out from?

Well, depends what "not at a pro level" means. If you mean standing around for 85 minutes and running a bit for 5 minutes, then yes.

Shumi plays for a semi-pro team in Switzerland, and hes retired and nearly 40 years old, i doubt he is as fit as the current crop of drivers allthough when he was racing he was one of them.
Quote from samjh :Not that ridiculous really. It depends on the level and conditions, of course. Most rallying occurs at club-level, and that only requires somewhat above-average fitness (same for tin-top club racing). We're not talking about the Dakar or the WRC here, as that would be at the extreme high-end.

Well, my brother drives a Pug 205 in a championship, and the club cant stress enough how fit you have to be. The ammount of battering your arms take driving flat out for 20minutes through a forest over is pretty physically demanding, not to mention having to do this multiple times throughout the day.

If your not physically fit and healthy, then your not going to do as well as you can. The British rally academy put him on a diet and work out routine as soon as they accepted him into the scheme.

So yes, rallying is very demanding at club level where you have to do abit of driving and not rely on your car to take you through the stage. Driving a FWD car with no power steering or driving aids quickly is physically demanding, especially at club level where the lack of power keeps the times close and you are pushing like mad to keep the guy behind, behind.
I have never seen a footballer as fit as this racing driver.

Case closed.

EDIT: Ashley Force Hood btw, who races Dragsters and the pulse of every redkneck in the crowd, including mine.
On that note, anyone else find it odd that many (most?) people attracted to women are drawn to women who participate in what are traditionally considered very masculine activities? This includes myself.

I also wonder if the opposite is true for people attracted to men.
Quote from Forbin :On that note, anyone else find it odd that many (most?) people attracted to women are drawn to women who participate in what are traditionally considered very masculine activities? This includes myself.

I also wonder if the opposite is true for people attracted to men.

agree with the first, but not the latter
Quote from Becky Rose :I have never seen a footballer as fit as this racing driver.

Case closed.

EDIT: Ashley Force Hood btw, who races Dragsters and the pulse of every redkneck in the crowd, including mine.

case open.

Danica Patrick

case closed

#42 - DeKo
Quote from samjh :You still left out two other possible types of football. Association or Rugby Union? Even so, Scotland has never won the Ruby World Cup, and didn't even qualify for the last Soccer World Cup (nor the one before that).

who cares? i hate rugby, its played and supported by people who think they are better than football fans and i truly hate the sport. and when has rugby EVER been called football? The only reason aus get into the world cups is because they qualify against diddy teams like uruguay which means they have a free pass to the world cup. We need to play real teams.

And what is this 'Ruby' world cup? Some kind of pokemon competition? When did this become a nationality competition? The aussies are all criminals put on a boat from the UK, so you cant really say much.

And on a technicality, Scotland were the unofficial champions of the world, having been the first people to beat england after they won the world cup
Quote from DeKo :who cares? i hate rugby, its played and supported by people who think they are better than football fans and i truly hate the sport. and when has rugby EVER been called football? The only reason aus get into the world cups is because they qualify against diddy teams like uruguay which means they have a free pass to the world cup. We need to play real teams.

And what is this 'Ruby' world cup? Some kind of pokemon competition? When did this become a nationality competition? The aussies are all criminals put on a boat from the UK, so you cant really say much.

And on a technicality, Scotland were the unofficial champions of the world, having been the first people to beat england after they won the world cup

Says the guy whos team sucks soo bad at rugby, and has no hope of getting into the Football world cup let alone the euro cup.

Australia had to get through 3 regions to get to play int he match to get us into the world cup and then after that we got past the group stage in the world cup and only just lost to Italy in dieing minites due to a penalty.

Good for a country that doesn't even know weither to call the game football or soccer.

when was the last time Scotland did anything worth recognition?
it's quiet difficult for a european soccer team to get into the cup, because their is such a competition. the last world cup has shown the dominance of european teams. the only reason europe won't get more qualifier spots for the world cup is that they could rename it to eurocup + argentinia/brazil.

on topic:
of course a football player is fitter than a racing driver!
Quote from Mustafur :when was the last time Scotland did anything worth recognition?

Rebel against the English?

Scotland has made it into the Soccer World Cup a few times, just not the last two times.
Quote from DeKo :.... its played and supported by people who think they are better than football fans

Well considering that I can't think of a single reported incident of crowd violence etc between Rugby team fans I think they've probably got some justification about feeling that way.

or that I have NEVER seen a rugby player "face off" a referee let alone actualy assult one then I think the players themselves can also justifiably consider themselves "better" than football players.
Neither have I ever heard of Rugby players being pulled up on assult charges, (or worse Rape charges), from their "night outs" with the boys.

There is a general level of sportsmanship and respect for authority in Rugby that just doesn't exist in Football in my experience. Sure there is the occasional flaring up of tempers and very rarely a punch is thrown but then we're talking about a very physical full contact sport, unlike Football which is supposedly the complete opposite. Even when such things do happen they are dealt with strongly by the ref and no one even dares to argue about it. Unlike Football again where refs are often physically intimidated by players over decisions made against them.

Quote :.... and when has rugby EVER been called football?

Err only forever. Rugby has ALWAYS been called Rugby Football officially.

http://www.rfu.com/index.htm
Quote from Fetzo :it's quiet difficult for a european soccer team to get into the cup, because their is such a competition. the last world cup has shown the dominance of european teams. the only reason europe won't get more qualifier spots for the world cup is that they could rename it to eurocup + argentinia/brazil.

on topic:
of course a football player is fitter than a racing driver!

The whole process of qualification for the world cup is biased in favour of European teams. For example just look at how many games European teams have to play in the qualification rounds vs teams from other continents, (especially S. America). More specifically I don't care about the protestations of FIFA against charges that the groupings are rigged. If the picking of teams for groups was truely random occasionally you'd see groups with Spain, Germany, France, England etc all in the same group and other groups just with "weaker" teams. Funny how it always seems to work out that there is only ever a maximum of two "top" teams in any European world cup qualification group. Pretty much ensuring that all the "big names" in Europe will always be able to qualify for the finals.

Football isn't a sport any more, it's long become a business interested purely in making money.
Quote from Mustafur :when was the last time Scotland did anything worth recognition?

UEFA Euro 2008 Qualifying.

8 wins (including 2 against France (runners up in world cup 2006, winners of the world cup in 2002)). We were put out in the dying seconds of the last game against Italy with a very dodgy decision (and that's not bias talking, it was widely reported as a dodgy decision).
Quote from gezmoor :Rugby vs football...

I heard a saying that "football is a sport for gentlemen played by thugs and rugby is a game for thugs played by gentlemen".

Racer or Footballer?
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG