The online racing simulator
A random complaint
(20 posts, started )
A random complaint
I just felt the need to share the fact that i lost all the data on my HDD. Thats 30 GBs of rfactor, 2 GBs of LFS, 20GB of music, and the rest random stuff i just don't want to lose.

Plus i missed my Rolex race today and it was raining all day. Bye.
its life its terrible aint it here have a pieve of cake :cake:
#3 - CSU1
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I just felt the need to share the fact that i lost all the data on my HDD. Thats 30 GBs of rfactor, 2 GBs of LFS, 20GB of music, and the rest random stuff i just don't want to lose.

http://www.recuva.com/
#4 - 5haz
Same happened to me a few weeks ago, it's rather crap isn't it.
#6 - CSU1
Quote from SilverArrows77 :and they said no bad would come from those sigs ....karma :P lol

Oh great, now you got me concerned about it.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I just felt the need to share the fact that i lost all the data on my HDD. Thats 30 GBs of rfactor, 2 GBs of LFS, 20GB of music, and the rest random stuff i just don't want to lose.

Don't cry, here have a new hard drive. Thankfully the motherboard tray is removable.
srsly i know it sucks sorry ;[
#9 - Migz
I feel very sorry for you I know how you feel, a few months ago i lost 50GB of music, 20GB of photos, and 70GB of my life :|
dude, I am so sorry. This happened to me twice. I lost so much of everything I wanted. I know how you feel.
Three words: backup your data

You can get a 500/750/1000/1500 GB drive these days for very little money. Throw it in a USB2.0/FireWire/eSATA external caddy and you have a good backup solution that'll keep you going for a long time.
Quote from amp88 :Three words: backup your data

You can get a 500/750/1000/1500 GB drive these days for very little money. Throw it in a USB2.0/FireWire/eSATA external caddy and you have a good backup solution that'll keep you going for a long time.

thats why I got my iPod. I backup EVERYTHING on there. It is so cool!
Quote from amp88 :You can get a 500/750/1000/1500 GB drive these days for very little money. Throw it in a USB2.0/FireWire/eSATA external caddy and you have a good backup solution that'll keep you going for a long time.

mind buying me a 500gb drive then? i need to move some files around before i build a raid5 array.
Quote from CSU1 :...no need for sarcasm...just rying to help is all

and you did...

now i have my Best of Asia pt I & II back...

/me passwords pc & Hd.
#15 - CSU1
Quote from theirishnoob :and you did...

now i have my Best of Asia pt I & II back...

/me passwords pc & Hd.

LMAO!!! Asian chicks are FUGLY!!!

@ Sueycide_FD - there is no reason why you should loose one byte of your data unless there's been some sort of catastrophic hardware failure. Tell us more about what happened and we can help get it all back
Quote from bunder9999 :mind buying me a 500gb drive then? i need to move some files around before i build a raid5 array.

Nah, I'm saving up for a few of these to stick in my own raid5.
Quote from CSU1 :Tell us more about what happened and we can help get it all back

Well earlier this morning, i booted up my computer but had to quickly run out, so i just hit the reset switch in the back to turn it off. Couple hours later i turn on my computer, but it dosen't get past the windows screen (nor do i get a bluescreen or my DFP turning on). Couple tries later, i begin testing the ram to see if thats the issue. Nope.

I check all my internal cords and what not, then try for the last time. This time it said i had a error in the windows file (pci.sys. i remembered clearly ). I tryed again and the error didn't come up, but never got past the windows screen.

At this point the computer is still open and leaned against the desk at a slight angle. It slips, but luckily not much of a bang. I just reinstall windows at this point, but when i reached the partition screen, it said my main 160 GB drive was 156GB free.

After it installed, i find out that all my stuff is gone. Luckly my 2nd hard drive (40 GB but was filled up with Fallout 3 and Gmod) wasn't emptied.

#18 - CSU1
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Well earlier this morning, i booted up my computer but had to quickly run out, so i just hit the reset switch in the back to turn it off. Couple hours later i turn on my computer, but it dosen't get past the windows screen (nor do i get a bluescreen or my DFP turning on). Couple tries later, i begin testing the ram to see if thats the issue. Nope.

I check all my internal cords and what not, then try for the last time. This time it said i had a error in the windows file (pci.sys. i remembered clearly ). I tryed again and the error didn't come up, but never got past the windows screen.

At this point the computer is still open and leaned against the desk at a slight angle. It slips, but luckily not much of a bang. I just reinstall windows at this point, but when i reached the partition screen, it said my main 160 GB drive was 156GB free.

After it installed, i find out that all my stuff is gone. Luckly my 2nd hard drive (40 GB but was filled up with Fallout 3 and Gmod) wasn't emptied.

...ouch! , you did try recuva(the link above)?
So did u run chkdsk before nuking the hard drive? Chkdsk has fixed this error quite a few times for me before... Usually when iv not got to the boot menu quick enough and just hit reset instead of letting it boot and restart...
Quote from amp88 :Nah, I'm saving up for a few of these to stick in my own raid5.

i thought of buying the 1.5tb drives that they were offering, until i heard about all the firmware screwups... i don't think i want a drive by-itself that big anymore.

A random complaint
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG