The online racing simulator
Build your own Engine
(104 posts, started )
Quote from lalathegreat :i think i should elaborate on what i mean by building engines
Valve train
Head specifications
Block specifications
ECU parameters
Forced induction

Valve train
valve timming
Cam timming
maybe some sort or option for VCT VVT
Head Specification
Port size
number of Valves
Block SPecification
Bore
Stroke
Displacement
Compression ratio
ECU Parameters
ignition timming
Fuel maps
Boost maps
rev limits
Forced induction
Super chargers
turbos

if u googled anyone of those u would be well educated to change values in anyone of those areas. (not in real life though) One of the good things about engines is there is ussually a trade off. so one upgrade will have a negative effect. might seem like alot for someone but if your on a team am sure there would be one person on there who was quite educated on the matter and could design a engine for the team. I myself am not a mechanic or a engine freak or anything (actually computer science major) and i do know quite a bit. it isnt hard stuff

now thats what im talking about.
if live for speed had that i dont think i would ever stop playing. and for people that dont understand all these options then they would end up learning think about it. imagine one day you start up lfs and you have all these new options to work with you would end up learning about all these things anyway.
good luck mate it prob wont happen but if it did wow if it did
i reackon if this is a driving simulator why not add to the realism and have a tuning simulator aswell.
it will never happen, but +1 anyway for being able to build your own engine. And i mean the detailed kind, not the NFS kind. Would also need to be able to spec tyre size, driveline powerhandling etc (clutch/diff/axles)
All we need is XF GTi with UF 1000 for XF GTR with UF GTR...well...maybe performancing for upgrading GTR car. or XR GT - XR GT Turbo - it has alot difference of engines
I don't know if this has been said before or not but why not implement only engine setup changes. So no new/different parts but only tweaks in for example valve and injection timing and other small settings.

Build your own Engine
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG