The online racing simulator
Quote from J@tko :Anti-Matter has the same mass as normal matter /nerd post

But anti-matter has a higher energy per unit mass than any chemical we have ever discovered.

Quote :

Wikipedia:

In antimatter-matter collisions resulting in photon emission, the entire rest mass of the particles is converted to kinetic energy. The energy per unit mass (9×1016 J/kg) is about 10 orders of magnitude greater than chemical energy (compared to TNT at 4.2×106 J/kg, and formation of water at 1.56×107 J/kg), about 4 orders of magnitude greater than nuclear energy that can be liberated today using nuclear fission (about 40 MeV per 238U nucleus transmuted to Lead, or 1.5×1013 J/kg), and about 2 orders of magnitude greater than the best possible from fusion (about 6.3×1014 J/kg for the proton-proton chain). The reaction of 1 kg of antimatter with 1 kg of matter would produce 1.8×1017 J (180 petajoules) of energy (by the mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc²), or the rough equivalent of 47 megatons of TNT

back to the topic, does anyone think that ferrari would get a podium in Spain?
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :But anti-matter has a higher energy per unit mass than any chemical we have ever discovered.

back to the topic, does anyone think that ferrari would get a podium in Spain?

so... wouldnt it be better to use anti-matter then ?? but the car will just blow up....

ferrari could get near a podium, if they sort their problems out in less than a week... well.. it would be a '' wtf is going on here ????#$%@#$ '' moment
Quote from Shotglass :+9001

whats the point of having a thread 2 weeks before the f1 teams even arrive in barcelona let alone put their cars on twack?

What exactly is the problem?? Isn't this the "general racing talk" sub forum?? Is there something wrong with speculation, general discussion etc about an upcoming GP. People, (including the commentators), start talking about the next race pretty much as soon as the last one is over, why should a forum not reflect that fact??

Personally, as long as the next thread doesn't turn up before the end of the race weekend of the previous race I really don't see the issue.

Maybe next year it would be better just to have single thread for the entire season like I've seen on other, (not even motorsport related), forums. Maybe that will stop all this bickering.
Soo. McLaren haven't been pwnt by WMSC 3 GP's penalty delayed for a year.
No, suspended for a year.
Good. One more lie, then kaput.
Bah, I fail in english, thanks for correcting me
Quote from el pibe :so... wouldnt it be better to use anti-matter then ?? but the car will just blow up....

ferrari could get near a podium, if they sort their problems out in less than a week... well.. it would be a '' wtf is going on here ????#$%@#$ '' moment

To produce 1gram of anti matter, it would cost CERN 100 quadrillion dollars and run the antimatter factory for 100 billion years.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :But anti-matter has a higher energy per unit mass than any chemical we have ever discovered.

But that's only when you have a matter-anti matter collision - and there's no way that we can manufacture enough anti-matter to last a race

I'll leave this discussion now
Quote from JPeace :Brawn GP did all their testing at barcelona.

i expect to see them right up the top imo.

everybody did testing at the same time, pluis other teams did extra testing before.

Barca is a high DF track though so ya. diffuser teams ftw again. although a few teams will have diffusers now i think.
mhm... no spectators coz of swine flu ???

Quote from J@tko :But that's only when you have a matter-anti matter collision - and there's no way that we can manufacture enough anti-matter to last a race

I'll leave this discussion now

Would need about 7.5x10 -6 grammes of anti-matter, (in annihilation with another 7.5x10 -6 grammes of normal matter), to power an F1 car race distance.

Fermilab only manged to produce 4x10 -9 grammes of anti-matter in 35 years.

At that rate it would take 65 tousand years to fuel just one car.
#38 - JJ72
LOL hell I shouldn't brought up anti-matter.
Who cares how early the threads are started its just another excuse to talk F1 and that can be nothing but good.

As always hope springs eternal and i will be sending good vibes to my man Webber to bag his first win, lets just hope he isn't leading by a margin and gets sent to another universe when he laps Alonso's antimatter powered Renault.
Quote from richo :Who cares how early the threads are started its just another excuse to talk F1 and that can be nothing but good.

As always hope springs eternal and i will be sending good vibes to my man Webber to bag his first win, lets just hope he isn't leading by a margin and gets sent to another universe when he laps Alonso's antimatter powered Renault.

oh thank you ! you made me laugh out loud... i needed that.

apparently force india has a double deck diffuser....

FERRARI, FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE ! .... -.-

i think ill stick with Vettel till ferrari gets back in form.... no wait. ill stay with vettel till the end of time ( starts to sing justin timberlake's song... XD) .. but seriously. i would bet my 8.65$ that i have left in the bank ( YES. I AM BROKE..... the credit crunch affected me even before it had started... ) that he will win the WDC by the end of the year....
Quote from el pibe :i would bet my 8.65$ that i have left in the bank ( YES. I AM BROKE..... the credit crunch affected me even before it had started... ) that he will win the WDC by the end of the year....

Do you want to be even more broke? Hedge your bets, mate. Put half of that money on Button. 50/50 on Button/Vettel, you should be safe then.
So, have the other teams brought in their own double-decker rear diffusers

... or it's not allowed to make changes to the car during the season...? Sorry I'm not an F1 nerd.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :So, have the other teams brought in their own double-decker rear diffusers

... or it's not allowed to make changes to the car during the season...? Sorry I'm not an F1 nerd.

They can make changes.

Renault and McLaren will field double-decker diffusers in Spain (so far they've used interim designs). Ferrari will probably have them too.

Red Bull is targeting Monaco for their double-decker diffusers, but there is a rumour that Toro Rosso will field a prototype in Spain.

I'm not sure about BMW or Force India's plans.
force india already had quite a good one for barhain. i think it was interim-ish and that they will have the real deal in barcelona.
#46 - 5haz
I thought testing was only allowed on straight-ways.
well to be fair even on airfields a car has to turn Didn't know they could straight line on a track tho or shake down?
He's going around the turn very slow. And if you look at the map... That's a lot of straight. At least, this is what I think where the camera is set.
Attached images
ferraritest.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG